Status: active

What Lies Within

Making Up and Worry

The next morning was a tense one in the girls dormitory. Pansy kept glaring at Sophie and Sophie kept glaring at her. The once best friends had been torn apart by a guy. A guy that Pansy needed to realize she would never have a chance with as he was now married and he didn't want her anyway.

"I have to go. Draco said he would meet me for breakfast." Pansy said, smirking at Sophie before she leaves the dormitory, swinging her hips as she went. Sophie rolls her eyes.

"Draco didn't really say that. I was there last night when Pansy asked him if they could have breakfast together. He said there wasn't a chance in the world he'd want to have another meal with her." Millicent Bulstrode says to Sophie, making her laugh and nod.

"I don't know when she will get it through that think skull of hers that there is no chance of the two of them anymore. He and I are together forever." Sophie says as she finishes putting on her robes.

"I've always liked the two of you together. Ever since I met the two of you, I always just knew. You bring out the good in him. Not many people believe that there is any good in him, but you obviously see that there is, and I can see that there is when he's with you." Millicent says, Sophie nods.

"Draco has his faults, but under that "I'm the boss of everyone" thing he has, he's the sweetest man in the world with the biggest heart."

"So why are you mad at him right now? You had dinner with the Gryffindor's last night." She asks as the two of them head out of the dormitory and into the common room where a few students milled about but most were already up at breakfast.

"Draco just needs to learn to treat people with a little more respect." Is all Sophie responds with. Just then the door to the boys dormitory opens and out walks Draco, Blaise, Crabbe, and Goyle. They were all chatting with each other, laughing at something Draco had said but when Draco's eyes land on Sophie, he stops.

"You guys go ahead." He waves them off. They all shrug and head out of the common room, ready for breakfast. Draco steps over to Sophie and Millicent, giving Millicent a look.

"I'll catch up with you later, Soph." With that, she turns and rushes from the room while Sophie crosses her arms.

"Hi." Draco mutters, looking down, knowing Sophie well enough to know that she was still upset with him for what he did to Harry the night before.

"Just tell me... why?" She asks, knowing he would know what she was talking about. He sighs, running a hand through his blonde hair.

"He was spying on us all. He was under that stupid cloak of his on the luggage rack and I just.. I let my anger get the best of me." He explains. "Don't be mad at me anymore, please. I have other things to focus on and I really need you by my side right now." Sophie's anger instantly evaporates. He's right. There were more important tasks at hand then what he did to Harry.

"Fine. If you stop being an ass, I won't be mad anymore." He breaks into a soft smile.

"I'm done being an ass." He vows to her. She laughs and steps closer to him, her arms wrapping around his neck while his hands go to rest on her hips.

"One last thing, what was up with you and Pansy yesterday?" She questions, making him sigh.

"It wasn't anything. I was just doing it to make her shut up." He tells her.

"Well now she's under the impression that the two of you are a thing again. She told me that you agreed to meet her for breakfast." Sophie decided to leave out the fact that Millicent told her what he had said.

"More like I told her to bugger off. You know I dislike her, Sophie." He says, making her nod.

"Just wanted to make sure." She responds before leaning forward to press her lips to his. He sighs into her mouth, pulling her closer to his body. Her fingers tangle in his hair as their lips move together.

"Can we skip class and go back up to the dormitories?" He mumbles, barely letting his lips leave hers. Sophie laughs and shakes her head, giving him one last kiss before stepping away, breaking all contact.

"We need to get up to breakfast. Snape will be handing out our schedules soon." She reaches forward and takes his hand, pulling him across the now empty common room and out into the hall.

"I was thinking about heading to the Room of Requirement after classes today, before dinner." Draco says as the couple walk towards the Great Hall, their linked hands swinging between them.

"Can't you wait to start that at least until next week? Let's enjoy what is probably our last year at Hogwarts at least for a few days." Sophie says, making him sigh and nod.

"I guess I can wait a few days. I just need to get it over and done with, ya know? I hate stressing about it so much. I can't focus. Class will be awful today, it'll be all that's on my mind." Sophie sighs and pulls Draco into an empty classroom, shutting the door after them, making him frown. "What are you doing?"

"Dray, I get that you are nervous and scared and anxious about this but everything will work out. You know why?" Draco simply shakes his head. Sophie gives him a soft smile, reaching forward to place her hand gently on his cheek. "It will work out because we are in this together. It's you and me, that's what I vowed when I married you. You are the strongest man I have ever met, with the biggest heart. No one else see's that and that's okay, because I do. I know that this year is going to be tough but we'll get through it together."

"Promise?" He asks, his face full of fear and concern. This obviously was getting to him and it hadn't even begun yet. "I'm scared." Sophie sighed and fell into his chest, wrapping herself up in his arms tightly, hugging him as tightly as she could. He buried his face in her hair.

"It's gonna be okay, Draco." Sophie tells him, hoping that she sounded convincing because even she was afraid but one of them needed to be strong, at least on the outside. They had to keep it together.

"This is so not how I pictured my time at Hogwarts going." Sophie pulls back to smile up at him.

"We should head to the Great Hall. I'm sure breakfast is over but we can still get our schedules from Snape." Draco nods and leans down to give Sophie a soft kiss before the two separate, link hands, and leave the classroom. The hall is now crowded with students heading to their first class. The couple heads to the Great Hall and find Snape, who just finished giving out the schedules and got theirs.

"I have a free period right now." Sophie says, reading over her schedule, Draco doing the same beside her.

"As do I." Draco responds. "Let's go sit by the lake. It's a nice day out." Sophie agrees and allows Draco to pull her from the castle and down to the Black Lake. They find a nice shady spot under a tree and sit down, curling into each others arms. "Can we just stay here the entire year? Just you and I? That's all I want."

"It's all I want too." Sophie says. Draco leans down, kissing her forehead. "I love you, Draco."

"And I you, love, and I you." He whispers in return.
♠ ♠ ♠
A short little thing but.... yeah. its something. lol