Status: active

What Lies Within

Hogsmeade

"You did it!" Draco yelled after Sophie landed, dismounting her broom. He ran towards her and enveloped her in his arms tightly. "Welcome to the team, Hill." He said. His voice was his usual cockiness that everyone else got to hear, but the smile he gave her was one that was reserved for her and her alone. It was his 'I'm so happy, and relaxed' smile that she only got to see every so often and definitely when no one else was around.

"Thanks, Malfoy." She playfully punched his shoulder after he let her go. The other chasers, Pucey and Warrington came to give her a pat on the back. Crabbe and Goyle, the new beaters, hovered in the background like they usually did when Draco was around and Montague tried his hardest to get the attention of Sophie to congratulate her himself but Draco made sure she ignored him. When Sophie and Draco had showed up for tryouts Montague had made a very sexual comment about her, pissing Draco off to the extreme. He vowed to keep her as far away from him as possible.

"What do you say we go to Hogsmeade together tomorrow and celebrate with some butterbeer?" He asked her as they grabbed their brooms and started to make their way back to the locker rooms to put their stuff away.

"Are you asking me out on a date, Malfoy?" She teased. She actually laughed when his pale skin turned a light shade of pink.

"No. Just teammates going out to celebrate." He defended, making her giggle.

"I would love to, Draco, but I already promised Hermione that I would hang out with her tomorrow. Since Harry has been angry with me lately, and I've been focusing so hard on the tryouts, I haven't really seen her that much." She told him after they put their brooms way. They started to make their way back to the castle for dinner.

"You mean that you are ditching me for that mudblood?" He asked, his eyes scrunching up in what she knew was soon to be his sneer.

"Do not call her that, Draco. You know I don't like that." She told him. They walked up the stairs and into the entrance hall of the castle.

"Well I don't like her. She's a filthy mudblood Gryffindor that a pureblood Slytherin like you shouldn't be associating with." Sophie pulled Draco to a stop and glared at him, gripping at his arm.

"What has gotten into you? You have been amazing the past week. You were actually sweet and caring, and weren't a complete ass. What has happened? Why are you acting like this?" She questioned him. She didn't like how he was acting. Though this was Malfoy, and what she had seen the past week wasn't truly him, she had to realize that.

"You just shouldn't associate with them, it's not how this school works, Sophie." He told her.

"What happened to the sweet boy that I've been with the past week?" She asked him, her voice soft. She wanted that boy back, not this one. "I want him back. That's who I like. Not this asshole. Come find me when you find your heart again." She gave him a sad look before she turned and rushed towards the Slytherin common room. The empty room gave her comfort as she fell into a comfortable chair, letting her head fall back.

She figured that this was a good thing. The past week had brought out feelings for Draco that she never imagined were possible. She had found him attractive, she loved having him around, she found comfort in his arms. She had lost Harry because of him. Maybe now things could go back to how they had been, how things are supposed to be.

___

The next morning dawned dark and rainy, making just about everyone groan, saying that their Hogsmeade trip would be ruined but for Sophie, it didn't truly matter, as her and Hermione had arranged to spend the day in the library studying. Sophie dressed in a pair of jeans and a grey sweater before venturing down to breakfast. She stopped in the door and realized that she didn't know where to sit. She was angry with Draco and because of Pansy's crush on him, she would never want to sit anywhere but with him so that was out. Sophie could go sit with Hermione but Harry still hated her and didn't want her around. She was alone.

She decided to simply sit at the end of the Slytherin table by herself, not talking with anyone as she ate her eggs and drank her coffee.

"Soph... can we talk?" She looked up to see Draco sitting across from her, his eyes sad.

"Depends. Are you done being an ass?" She asked him, making him sigh as he sat beside her.

"I really don't see how I did anything wrong, Sophie. You know how I feel about her and the other Gryffindors. I'm a pureblood Slytherin, it's like imprinted in my genetics to hate them." He defended, making her give a short sarcastic laugh.

"I'm a pureblood Slytherin, you dumbass and I like them. It's called having a heart and getting over yourself. You can be friends with anyone, their house doesn't make them a bad person. Though according to you, it does as being a Slytherin automatically makes you a heartless son of a bitch. Now excuse me, I have to go off and meet my true friend. Good bye, Malfoy." Sophie quickly stood up and exited the Great Hall. She went to the Slytherin common room and grabbed her bag before rushing off to the library.

"Is everything alright?" Hermione asked when Sophie fell into the seat across from her.

"Draco is just being his usual self.." She answered, pulling out her books. They worked in silence for the next twenty minutes before someone put their bag down beside Sophie. She turned to see Draco sitting down, smiling at them both. "What are you doing here, Malfoy?" She growled at him. She figured he was here to ruin her time with Hermione and she would not allow him to do that.

"I came to study. Is that alright?" He asked, making her shake her head.

"Can't you go sit at another table?" She questioned him, her eyes narrowed.

"Look, Soph," He leaned over to whisper. "I'm sorry, alright? I'll make an effort to be nicer. Just don't shut me out again, okay?" She sighed and simply nodded.

"Fine. Work. Be quiet." She told him, making him smile. Sophie looked up at Hermione who was giving them both a small smile, making Sophie wrinkle her eyebrows at her. Hermione grinned and ripped off a piece of parchment and scribbled a quick note to her on it.

He so likes you!

Sophie read it quickly and rolled her eyes.

"You are crazy." She mouthed at Hermione who simply smiled and shook her head.

Draco couldn't like Sophie...

Could he?