Status: active

What Lies Within

Banned

As the next few weeks flew by, Sophie found herself focusing on nothing but homework and Quidditch. The first game of the season, against Gryffindor, was quickly approaching. Sophie was excited, yet very nervous. Not as nervous as Ron though, who was Gryffindor's new keeper. Harry still refused to speak with Sophie but she still hung out with Hermione while the boys were at practice.

The morning of the match was bright but a very cold one.

"You excited?" Pansy asked Sophie when they got up.

"Yeah, I'm a little nervous though." She admitted, making Pansy roll her eyes.

"You are great, don't worry." Sophie simply nodded and slipped on her silver and green striped sweater, followed by her Quidditch robes. She waited while Pansy searched through her trunk before she finally found her Slytherin scarf. As they walked through the common room, many people yelled out luck to Sophie, who simply smiled, feeling the nerves bubbling in her chest.

"Here, this is for you." Draco said, handing something to both Pansy and Sophie as soon as they sat down at the Slytherin table. Sophie looked at the metal pin that Draco had given her. It was in the shape of a crown and said "Weasley Is Our King." on it.

"Seriously, Draco? I'm all for beating Gryffindor, you know that, but I will not wear this." She told him, making him smirk. He took the pin back and slipped it into his pocket.

"I guess you won't be singing the song I wrote either?" He asked her, making her laugh.

"No, as I will be focusing on actually winning the game." She told him, making him smirk again.

"Fair enough. Come on, we should get going." With that they bid goodbye to their friends and left the Great Hall, heading towards the Slytherin locker rooms. "Are you nervous?"

"A little bit." She admitted to him. He smiled and wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

"Don't worry. You are brilliant. The Gryffindor chasers don't have anything on you." She simply nodded as they entered their locker room. They sat around chatting while they heard the rest of the school take their places in the stands. Montague gave his pre-game speech before they left the locker room, making their way across the field to where the Gryffindor team was waiting. Sophie met Harry's eye but he simply looked away. After the captains shook hands, the game started.

Sophie found herself making four goals against Ron. She felt somewhat bad about it, but it was a match and he was on the apposing team, so she did what she had to do. She could hear the Slytherin's singing loudly the song that Draco had mentioned but she blocked it out.

Before she knew what had happened, the Gryffindor's were cheering. Harry had caught the snitch. Her first Quidditch game was over. And they had lost. Sophie went and landed beside Draco who was sneering towards Harry who was talking with Angelina Johnson, the Gryffindor captain. Harry had just been hit by a bludger that Crabbe had hit at him.

"Saved Weasley's neck, haven't you?" Draco sneered at Harry. Sophie stepped in front of Draco, her hands on his chest, telling him to stop. "I've never seen a worse Keeper... but then he was born in a bin.... Did you like my lyrics, Potter?" Sophie groaned and pushed harder but Draco didn't budge.

"Draco, please." She begged. "Leave it be. We will beat them next time." She told him but he ignored her.

"We wanted to write another couple of versus!" He yelled, watching as Harry ignored him, hugging his other teammates. "But we couldn't find rhymes for fat and ugly - we wanted to write about his mother, see. We couldn't fit in useless loser either - for his father, you know-" Sophie watched as Fred and George tried to get at him. Harry held onto George while Angelina held Fred back, all of them glaring at Draco who smirked. "But you like the Weasley's, don't you, Potter? Spend holidays there and everything, don't you? Can't see how you can stand the stink. But then growing up with muggles, the Weasley's must smell okay. I can see why Sophie stopped talking to you, she finally came to her senses." In that moment, Sophie gasped and smacked his arm.

She had looked away from Harry and the others so she didn't notice that Harry had released George and that the two of them were advancing on Draco who was laughing. When she saw them running at him, she stepped in front of him more, blocking their way.

"Harry, George, stop. He's just being a sore looser." She told them but Harry grabbed her hand and pushed her out of the way. In the next second he was beating on Malfoy, punching every part of his body that he could reach, George doing the same. "Stop it!" She yelled, trying to pull Harry away, Harry simply shoved her away again, causing her to fall backwards, landing on the grass on her back.

Madam Hooch finally saw what was going on and broke the fight up. Malfoy fell to his knees, holding his stomach, his lip bleeding. Sophie rushed over to him and used her sleeve to wipe at the blood on his chin, making him wince.

"You stupid idiot. You deserve this." She told him, but he simply ignored her, watching as Hooch forced Fred and Harry off the field. The rest of the Gryffindor team following. "Come on, let's get you to Madame Pomfrey." Draco nodded and allowed her to pull him up. They went to the locker room and changed into their normal robes quickly before they went up to the Hospital wing, Draco's lip still bleeding. Madame Pomfrey was able to fix it quickly and released him to go down to dinner.

"I'm not very hungry. You can go to dinner without me." Draco told her but she shook her head.

"You have to eat something. Just a little bit and then we can go back to the common room." She insisted, making him sigh and follow her to the Great Hall where they sat away from everyone else, even Pansy who kept casting them sad and jealous looks. Draco had one small helping of mashed potatoes and a few bites of chicken before sitting and waiting patiently for Sophie to finish her full plate. They left the Great Hall, receiving many glares from the other houses as they passed. "What you did was wrong, Draco." She scolded him as they walked towards the Slytherin common room.

"I was just so angry that we had just lost, that's all." He told her, sighing.

"I wonder what kind of trouble George and Harry got into." Sophie spoke when they walked into the common room, finding a seat at a couch in the back corner.

"Probably just detentions. McGonagall wouldn't kick them off the team or anything." Draco said, Sophie agreed.

The next morning, Sophie went to find the trio.

"Have you come to pass along some message from your boyfriend?" Harry spat at her as soon as she found them by the Lake.

"What? Draco is not my boyfriend. He's my friend. And no, I came to ask how you were." She said, taking a seat beside Hermione who smiled at her softly.

"Umbridge banned me, Fred and George from playing Quidditch ever again." Harry responded, crossing his arms over his chest. He looked out at the lake, glaring at nothing in particular while Sophie gasped.

"Banned? Ever again? She can't do that, can she?" Sophie questioned the other two but they sadly nodded.

"Fudge passed another educational decree," Hermione explained, referring to the decrees that the Minister has passed. The first making Umbridge High Inquisitor, another saying that all groups had to be formed with permission from Umbridge, that included Quidditch but the Slytherin team had gotten permission immediately. "This one is that she's in charge of all discipline as she see's fit."

"That's ridiculous. As soon as she's gone, Harry, you know Dumbledore will let you back on the team. I'm sure you'll even be made quidditch captain." She assured him but he simply shook his head.

"I doubt it." He told her, making her sigh.

"Look, Harry. I know that you aren't exactly happy with me, and I'm sorry for that but I am not... on their side, or whatever you think. I only put up with Draco because I see a different side of him then what you do. I know that he is a jackass to you and just about everyone else, he's not like that with me. You know I would not put up with him if he treated me like that." Sophie told him but he still wouldn't look at her.

"It's true, Harry. I've seen him with her. He hung out with us in the library a few weeks ago. He didn't say a single mean thing to me, or about anything actually." Hermione told him, making Harry sigh and finally turn to look at Sophie.

"I'm sorry, Sophie." He told her. "I've just been so stressed lately what with Umbridge and Hagrid still being gone, this year has just sucked. I don't mean to take it out on you." Sophie couldn't help but smile, earning a smile back from him.

"I forgive you. And don't worry, I scolded Draco for what he did yesterday. He knows what he did is wrong, surprisingly. He's just a sore looser." Harry laughed and nodded.

"You did pretty good though!" He told her, making her smile and look over at Ron who was looking at the ground.

"Sorry for that, Ron. I did what I had to do though." She told him, making him shrug and nod.

"Anyone could have made it against me, I suck." He mumbled. She shook her head and scooted closer to him, wrapping her arm around his shoulders, pulling him into her.

"You do not suck, Ron. Don't say that about yourself. You just need more practice, don't worry. You have the potential to be brilliant, just don't let your nerves get to you, alright?" He looked over at her and nodded.

"I've missed having you around, Soph." He told her, wrapping his long arms around her waist, hugging her. She laughed and buried her face in his ginger hair.

"Well I'm back now." She told him, letting her eyes slide shut so she didn't notice the blonde haired boy standing a few feet away watching them, a sad look on his face.