Status: Drabbles

Tales From The Baker Family

For The First Time

"Oh these times are hard! Yeah they're making us crazy don't-" I walked into the blonde idiot I adored so much.

"What are you singing?" he looked upset.

"The Script," I smiled up at him.

"Oh," he laid his head on my shoulder and held me.

Hard to believe he could reach. He was so much taller than me.

"I'm depressed," I kissed him.

"Why?" I pulled away and looked up at him.

"I'm not sure," I knew something was up when he walked away from me and back to his studio.

"Slim!" I walked up to his black friend.

"Yes Bree?" he smiled.

"Why is he shutting me out?" he shrugged.

"He's been like this for awhile now. None of us know why," he gave me a smug smiled and handed me a glass.

It smelled like grape juice. I walked down towards the studio with Slim. Colson had his headphones in and he was ignoring the world. He was laying on the couch. He looked over and pulled his headphones off.

"Can't lie to me," I walked over to him.

I looked into his eyes and I smiled.

"I know this is bad timing, but I had a two year addiction to heroin. I got offered to shoot up. That's what's wrong," I looked at him.

He watched me. He was testing to see if I would run. Part of me wanted to. I walked away and decided to chill out on the porch for a few minutes.

-Colson's POV-

Briley made a face and walked upstairs. I knew why. I think she was rethinking everything. I had a feeling. I put my headphones back on and sat there. Slim wasn't standing there anymore, but Ashleigh was.

"Damn," she sat next to me.

"Briley's reading. What did you do?" I laughed.

"Briley always has a new book. I told her," I sat up.

"Oh. After Max was using! Idiot!" she slapped my arm and walked away.

"She deserved to know!" I looked at Ash.

"Colson," she hugged me.

"I hate lying to her about it. It hurts me," she looked at me.

"It was bad timing," she smiled.

"I know, but she asked me what was wrong and I wanted to tell her, but I hate it when she cries because of me," I grabbed my phone.

My background was of Briley and I. She was smiling and kissing my cheek. I had my shocked face on. It was cute.

I saw a bottle of Jack on the computer desk. It was her's. She drank dark liquor and I drank clear stuff. I never understood why.

"I know exactly why she loves that song," I ran upstairs and out the door to her.

She was reading one of her favorite teen novels. It was 'Crank' by Ellen Hopkins. I sat on the ground by her feet.

"I love you," I kissed her ankle.

"Oh," she took her headphones out.

"You stole my Apple headphones," I smiled.

"I just grabbed them and my Samsung. I guess it didn't click they were yours," she marked her page.

I watched lightning dance in the sky.

"It's fine. I figured you'd take them eventually," I smiled up at her.

You could hear rain drops hitting leaves lightly. Briley's eyes lit up. I kissed her ankle again.

"Dance with me?" she smiled.

I grabbed her hands and pulled her out into the rain. It was cold, but she didn't care. I pulled her against me in the pouring rain and kissed her forehead. She looked up at me and laughed. Her eyes still had the spark of hope they had when I first met her.

"I love you Colson," she kissed me.

It was a true kiss. It was like our first kiss.

"I love you Briley," I held her in the rain.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 The Notebook was my inspiration for this chapter.