Status: Drabbles

Tales From The Baker Family

Always...

I woke up with a sharp pain in my stomach. I knew I had miscarried the minute Colson said there was blood. I felt it was my fault. I saw the hurt in his eyes when I walked away.

"Briley?" Ashleigh looked at me.

"I'm sorry," she hugged me.

"Take as much time as you need," she smiled.

I knew where I wanted to go. I knew why too. I grabbed my Buick keys and my over night bag and left. I was going home to Dallas to see my parents. I knew Max was there too. I knew everyone was going to be there, but Sam. I knew Sam would want to stay with Colson or his Maw-Maw. I knew I'd be fine.

I sent Colson my goodbye message and left Ohio. It hurt me more than anything to leave, but I couldn't face him.

-

I walked into a small coffee shop in the middle of Dallas. I walked in and smiled at the cashier.

"Does Michelle Marks still work here?" I smiled at the pretty blonde.

"Yeah one sec," a middle-aged woman walked out.

She had bright blonde hair and a nice smile. She was almost identical to me in the face.

"Briley," she took my hands.

"Hey mom. What happened to Nikki? I need a place to stay," she handed me her phone.

"Nikki is with her rockstar boyfriend. His name's Travis or whatever. What brought you home? Where's Sam?" I shrugged.

"He's with his friends and his gram's," I smiled.

"He know you're gone?" I shook my head.

"Maybe. I don't know if Kells told him," Colson would've told him.

If anything I knew better than to think he wouldn't have. I felt my phone vibrate.

'Briley Marks! When I fucking find you!' it was from Keisha.

'Bite me. I'm not in Ohio. Haven't been in about twenty-one hours,' I stared.

'Your ex is in the hospital. He tried to OD on alcohol. I'm talking Vodka and Jimmy. What did you do?' I could feel the tears stinging my eyes.

I called her.

"I'm in Dallas. I ran off. I couldn't bear to tell him I miscarried. I couldn't handle knowing that it was my fault. How do you think I feel?" I sat down at a booth.

"Briley! Colson's laying in a hospital bed because you hurt him that bad. If anything you're being a selfish bitch by running off. He knows what happened! He's not stupid. He's done nothing but hide in his room, drinking and bawling all fucking day. He's coming to Houston for a tour then to SXSW for a concert. Don't let me fucking see you," she hung up on me.

"Keisha's sure doing okay," my mom smiled.

"Fuck it," I slammed my head against the table.

"You and your friends. We miss you," she put her hands on my shoulders.

"Sam's flying home with Grandma," I looked at the opened text message.

She nodded and grabbed a coffee.

"Marcus, that's my daughter Briley. Go cheer her up," he blushed.

"Mom's," I smiled as he sat down in front of me.

"She owns this place. She gave me a job to help me support my mom. She's really cool," and just like that we hit it off.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's going to get confusing I think.