Status: Drabbles

Tales From The Baker Family

Take A Chance

I woke up with Colson still sleeping with his arms wrapped around his pillow. He looked so peaceful and so much more younger. These past few months were really rough on him because I was in and out of the hospital. The doctors thought I had cancer, but really what it was had to do with my vitamin intake.

I grabbed Colson's shirt from last night and pulled it on over my head. There was a cool silence among the house. I had no clue who was up and what was going on. I grabbed my basketball shorts and pulled them on.

I walked downstairs to the kitchen. Slim and Dre were up making a mess. They had breakfast halfway prepared.

"Morning!" Slim smiled and poured me a glass of orange juice.

"Hey honey," I sat down at the bar.

They looked so cute trying to make breakfast.

"Would you guys want to spend Christmas with my family this year?" Dre shot me an evil smile.

"Ask when Kells gets up. We definitely would because your mom is hot and so is Nicole. She is single right?" Slim winked at me.

"Yeah she is. I will. I just want your opinions since I have you up first," I smiled.

"Speaking of the morning person, Kells' up," I felt arms wrap around me and a face press into my neck.

"Bri," he kissed me.

"You taste of morning breath," he smiled.

"What were you guys talking about?" he sat next to me.

"Would you want to spend Christmas with my family?" I had his hands.

"I'd love to," he looked at Slim and Dre who were laughing.

"Dubo and Ash are the only ones left," I stretched my arms over my head.

"I love you," he hugged me and walked off to the bathroom.

I walked outside to enjoy the morning sun. It was only nine and I was shocked to see everyone up moving around like they were.

I shot my mom a text and asked if it was alright if my friends and I came down this year for Christmas.

'Yeah babe! You know you and them are always welcome. See you when you get here. Dad might even be here this year.' I pursed my lips.

Every year she tried getting him home. It hurt because she would cry by herself.

'Thanks mom." I replied and walked back in.

"Hey Ash! Dubo!" I looked at them with pure excited joy.

"She's in a good mood," they smiled.

"Spend Christmas with the insane Marks family?" the looked at me with a curious look.

"Sure. I'm down," Dubo continued eating.

"Definitely. I'd love to. Your mom was really cool the first time I met her," I smiled.

"We'll leave about twelve," Colson handed me a little box.

"What did you do?" he had an evil grin.

"Just open the damn thing," he watched me contently.

I carefully ripped the pretty, pink paper. The box was silver. I knew it was expensive. I opened it and on the locket was his last name. It was silver and it was so beautiful. I opened the locket and on the inside was a picture of him and I kissing and Casie and I.

"Holy shit," I kissed him.

"I had it in my room and I wanted to give it you now. It's a part of my grand master plan to impress your mom," I stayed clung to him.

"I love you so much!" I looked into his blues.

"I love you. Now let's go get packed if y'all are done," I walked up the stairs.

I put the locket on and smiled in the mirror. I knew I had chosen right when he wrapped his arms around me.

Packing things into a Jeep and small car took about an hour. Especially when Colson, Dubo and my clothes were in my car. I knew I was in for hell when I was stuck with Slim and Dre as my car mates. Our first stop was to drop Casie off with Riya.

-

After about one a.m we decided to call it quits when we got into Arkansas. We'd get up about seven and finish the drive.

"I just want to sleep," Colson wrapped his arms around me and carried me inside of the small hotel room.

"It's going to storm babe" he laid me down on the bed and plopped next to me.

"Mhm," I wrapped my arms around him and fell asleep.

`

I woke up to Colson shaking. It was almost 5:50 a.m. I decided to get up and go to the bathroom. I put my hands on his shoulders.

"Bri?" he looked at me with uncertainty.

"Only one up," I smiled.

"Oh hey," he sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"Let's get everyone up," I shook off my sleep.

He turned on the lights and watched everyone groan.

"Yo bro!" Slim threw a pillow at him.

Colson looked lost. He tried to stand and about fell.

"High?" he shook his head.

"Bad dream," he put it bluntly and kissed me.

I kissed him back and smiled.

"Take my pain away," he wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck.

"Maybe later," I winked.

He smiled and grabbed the room keys.

"Going to go check out," he waved and walked out the door.

`

We gathered everything we took into the room and carried it back to the cars. Colson seemed a little more distant. Thank God he was riding with me.

"You're quiet," he faced me.

"I had a really bad dream. It kind of made me believe I lost you," I got back on the highway.

"What happened?" Dre was passed out in the back.

"I had a dream I relapsed and you walked out on me and I was alone," Colson took my hand.

"I love you. If you did, I would be there for you," I smiled.

"Thanks," he kissed my knuckles and pressed his face to the window and fell asleep.

-

My house was huge. Regardless of what I say about it, it was huge. There was almost twenty acres worth of land that my parents had bought. I saw the baby blue Lamborghini and the Porsche. Someone else was here. I parked and got out of the car.

"Mom!" I hugged the small woman.

"Hey baby," she examined my group of friends who were dragging ass to get out of the cars.

"Who's Lancer?" she had an evil grin.

"Come inside," she waved us to follow.

I walked through the door and saw Max and Sam playing board games on the floor. Nicole was making food. Auntie May was sitting with her kids. Cody and Devin were looking at pictures.

"I'll take you guys upstairs to the guest room," I pointed at the stairs.

I watched May stare at me as I walked up the stair case. I knew she'd make a comment later about it. I opened the first door.

"Dre and Slim, this is your room," they stared at the vast space.

There were bunk beds and a flat screen. I knew they'd be happy. Dubo opened the next door.

"Your room," it was identical to Slim and Dre's room.

"Ashleigh, your room has more of a special value to me. It used to be my friend Emma's. She passed in a car crash a few years ago," I opened the door and watched her eyes widen.

"Colson, we get my room," I looked at my tattooed lover.

I opened my door and watched him smiled. He sat down on my bed and smiled.

"It's girlie!" I laughed.

"Shush. Let's go bother my family," he rolled his eyes and took my hands.

~

They were in the living room. Pictures were spread out everywhere.

"Hey baby! Come here," I looked at Colson.

He shrugged and followed me. We sat down next to my mom.

"Here's you, Daxton Lee and Emma May-Rose," I laughed and looked at the picture.

Emma and I were almost identical in looks, except she had blue eyes and shorter hair. She was an inch taller than me and more loud. Daxton was my cousin. He had blonde hair and brown eyes. He was such a goof. He was in the army.

"We fixed the TV room downstairs," I smiled and kissed my mom's cheek.

"Blue Bunny?" she pointed at the kitchen.

"Always have it because of you," I giggled and retreated to the kitchen.

Colson wrapped his arms around me. I kissed him and grabbed a Hershey bar from the candy dish.

"Your Aunt must not like me," I rolled my eyes.

"She was trying to kill you with her eyes. She can suck it," I tore the wrapped and indulged myself in the chocolate goodness.

He looked down.

"Cheer up. You're here with me," I kissed his cheek and took his hands.

"He looks scary," I heard my Aunt.

"Yeah? So what. You haven't seen how he treats her," Colson laid his head on my shoulder.

"I don't care!" I walked out.

"Shut up?" I smiled.

"Briley?" I looked at Maybelle.

"He makes me happy. Is that all that matters? His tats are what make him Kells. His attitude is what makes him Colson. Cry about it. I ain't giving him up," I walked towards the basement with Colson in tow.

His eyes were wide when were reached the bottom of the stairs. I giggled. He grabbed the patterned quilt and sat on the couch. I grabbed the remote and turned the TV and surround sound on.

"Avatar?" he smiled.

I put the DVD in and turned the lights off. I walked over and sat next to him. He wrapped the blanket around us and I slowly fell asleep into his chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Take two on this chapter.