Status: Lets see where this goes...

Cowards Are Golden

And worry about it tomorrow.

Dan watched as the brunette paced the aisle of the tour bus frantically with her phone held firmly up to her ear. They were just about to watch a horror film in Dan’s bunk when she got the call from her sister. He didn’t know exactly what was going on, but Kate was nearly in tears; the gears turning could be seen through the worry in her eyes.

“Angie, I don’t know what to do. I can’t just leave. I need this job. Yes, I know mom needs me, but she doesn’t deserve my help.” Kate sighed deeply and squeezed her eyes shut, “I’m sick and tired of being the one who has to make everything better. I have a life now and it doesn’t involve her. You can fucking deal with.” Dan stared at Kate with concern as she brought the phone down and tightened her grip until her knuckles turned white.

Dan hopped down from his bunk and slowly made his way towards the young lady, “I don’t want to pry into your personal life, but I’m here if you need to talk.”

Kate looked up into Dan’s deep blue eyes and let out a soft cry, “I think I should go.” She turned around quickly, but Dan couldn’t help but to grab her bicep and beg her to stay.

“You look like you could really use some company now. We don’t have to talk about it. The option to watch a movie is still open.”

“I just don’t like people seeing me like this…” Kate forfeited the fight as Dan opened his arms and pulled her into his warm embrace. “I just feel like because I was always closest to my mom that I’m always left to pick up the pieces of her fucked up life. I just want to live mine, is that too much to ask?” Her tears began to stain Dan’s maroon tee shirt, but he didn’t seem to mind. All he wanted to do was coax Kate into a calm state of emotions and make her feel better. Even though they’d had only just met no less than five hours ago, Dan knew that Kate was somebody he couldn’t let go of easily.

Without hesitation, Dan rubbed small circles on Kate’s back, “You can’t always be there for people. Sometimes you just have to tell people to belt up and piss off. I mean, look at you, Kate…just look at you…”

Kate pulled away slightly and forced out a small chuckle, “I look a fucking mess.”

The blue-eyed man shook his head, “No…I mean, you are fit…that made me sound like a total prat. All I’m saying is that you have made these past few hours absolutely bloody amazing and I can’t see how you let a few words bring you down so easily.”

Kate wiped the tears from her eyes with the back of her hand quickly, “It’s a bit harder when it’s family saying those few words, not just a bunch of dicks.”

“Yeah, but look at where you are at now. You’re on Warped with a bunch of awesome people! You are doing something that makes you happy.” Dan cupped the petite girl’s cheeks and smiled sweetly, “Just smile, love and worry about it tomorrow.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been awhile since I've updated and that this is short, but I promise I am working on another update already and there will plenty of juicy details and Daniel.