Status: "All you need is love, love... Love is all you need."

Believe In Me

Weird As Hell

SKYLUR JUDE

My grandma kicked me out of the house for the day. She explained to me how staying cooped up in my room all day was going to get me nowhere in life and I would end up like my “deadbeat dad”. I was already the bad kid of the family who always kept up trouble, but my grandma thinks that if I do normal teen things, I’ll end up like normal teens. I think that normal is boring, and I’d rather be weird as fuck then boring as hell.

I walked around at my city’s pier. It had a couple of decent rides, but piers weren’t my thing. Setting off fireworks in my neighbor’s car is my thing. People running around chasing each other, making out, and being ignorant was all that I saw.

I walked over to one of the stands and knocked on the window. A cute blonde girl walked up and smiled at me with her head tilted slightly sideways. “Hey… Skylur? I didn’t know you came to these things,” she said giggling.

I shrugged and leaned into the side of the stand. “I usually don’t. I didn’t know you came to these things either?” I couldn’t even remember her name, but I know that she was one of those cheerleaders from my school.

“I have to,” she said tucking some hair behind her ears. “It’s a church thing, and at my church you have to get service hours… so I’m stuck here working this stand.”

“Oh, well, that sucks.”

“Yeah… well, what can I get for you?”

I took out my leftover change from my pocket and counted it. It was just enough for a medium coke. “I’ll have a small coke,” I said trying to save the little change I had just in case I actually wanted to ride something. Stupid thought, because that would never happen.

“Is that it?” she said with a small, but slightly attractive, smile on her face. I nodded and she closed the window. I could see her scuffling around trying to fix my coke. She soon came back to the window with that same smile on her face. “Here, I got you a large, on me.” She winked at me and I could see her face become a little redder than it was before.

“Thanks,” I replied taking the coke from her hands. “What’s your name again?”

“Oh, it’s Stevie.” She rested her head on her hand that was propped up by her elbow as she weirdly gazed at me.

I gave her a nod and a tiny, almost microscopic smile. “Bye, Stevie.”

She laughed, “Bye.” Even though I walked away, I could feel her eyes follow me until I was completely out of her view. I’m not cocky, but that happens to me a lot. Especially at school, but I was never attracted to those girls. They all wanted to be better than the other, which was unattractive to me.

I sipped my coke as I walked around a little longer. It was going on midnight and the pier was about to close in an hour or so. I thought that it was the perfect opportunity to leave and maybe find somewhere else to hangout until my grandma called me to come home. It’s not like she knew what time the pier closed anyway. One of my buddies, whom I didn’t even know was here, ran over to me.

“Hey, Skylur!” he yelled.

“Hey Ryan,” I replied. “What are you doing here?”

“Come on!” He started running towards the opposite side of the pier, where the Ferris wheel was. I followed closely behind eager to find out what was going on. It turned out that I was the last to know, because there was already a crowd gathered around and pointing.

“What’s going on?” I asked curiously.

He pointed upwards toward the middle of the ferris wheel where two girls were holding on for their lives from the bars of the seats. They hung screaming while everyone pointed at their dangling feet. I pushed up to the front of the ride where a couple of police stayed in front making sure that no one passed.

“What the hell happened?” I yelled mostly toward the ride operator who stood with a guilty look on his face.

“I-I told them not to rock it!” He yelled repeatedly, guilt eating him alive.

“Where’s the help? Who’s getting them down?” I said looking between the two cops.

“Kid, we have this covered. We called for the fire department, and they’ll have to come to get them down. There’s no way for us to do it, but the fire department is on their way. They’re coming as fast as they can, so wait patiently back there.”

“Hold this,” I said shoving the drink into his arms as he tried to stop me. “Ryan! Give me a hand!” I saw Ryan pushing through the crowd to get up to the front.

“What are we doing?”

“What does it look like?” I asked sarcastically. “We’re getting them down.”

“Alright, cool.”

Ryan was the closest thing I had to a friend. Since we were young, he was always the one I got in trouble with. If there was an adventure, there was Ryan and Skylur to go along with it.

The cops let us through after a few seconds of arguing. They kept telling us how we were stupid and were going to kill ourselves and it wouldn’t be their responsibility because they attempted to stop us and so on. “What do we do?” Ryan said searching for the top of the ferris wheel.

“Climb.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?
This is something new, Obviously, but tell me what you think.
Keep or delete?
I'M NOT AFRAID OF CRITICISM. Thanks.

Silent readers are banned from this point on.