Daughter of Dyrdek

Babygirl

I was spread out in my bed. Just trying to sleep. Something…something was bugging me and I didn’t even know what it was. Then my phone rang, blasting Chanel’s voice from its small speakers.

“Hello?” I answered the small device.

“Hi. Rob?” Asked a female voice.

“Yes…and this is?” I asked confused.

“Meagan. I’m Alicia’s aunt.” Meagan? I had met Kenzie’s sister before, but that was a long time ago.

“Oh hey, Megs! What’s up?” I casually asked. Yes, casually. Even though Meagan’s voice was slightly frantic and defiantly tired.

“It’s Alicia.”

Alicia? What could have possibly happened that Meagan was calling? Then I heard the hospital sounds, and my heart stopped.

“Is she okay? Was there an accident? Meagan is she okay?” I demanded of the woman. Even though I had never actually met my daughter (Kenzie had made sure of that), she was still my little girl.

“No, it wasn’t an accident. There-There’s things you don’t know yet, and we just need you here.”
Meagan all but begged me.

“Absolutely. Where?” I agreed without a second thought. Meagan gave me the address and told me to hurry.

Next thing I know, I’m on a plane to their local airport. And all I could think of was getting to hold my babygirl for the first time. It didn’t matter that Alicia was 16. She was still my babygirl.

And I’d be damned if I let her be hurt.