Status: Complete, I own nothing but my own characters, and title credit goes to the amazing Mayday Parade :)

'Cause Baby I'm a Dreamer for Sure

Family Traditions and True Passions

You know those people whose lives seem perfect; where they have amazing friends surrounding them, they love their job, and everything seems to turn out perfectly. Well that's not how my life plays out. The name is Annamarie Holton, but everyone calls me Anna. My life started off pretty well had parents that cared, some good friends, and went to an awesome college to get an art degree. Sounds peachy right? Wrong. I mean, I loved my family and my friends were great, but my career choice wasn't what I wanted.

I come from a long line of crap traditions. One where parents know what's always best, even when it comes to their career choices. How this tradition got started is a complete mystery to me, but I am expected to do what my parents want with no exceptions.

My parents believe that since I can draw extremely well that I should be an artist or do something involved with art. They haven't fully decided on my career yet, but whatever it is, I don't want to do it. I may love art, but only for fun, something to do in my free time. I have no true passion for art, for music is my life and my parents hate it. They have always been against my love for music, but no matter what I said to convince them that I would rather play guitar than pick up a paint brush, was thrown aside for the tradition of two small town families. No matter what they say I will never give up music; it sets me free, it's who I am, and nothing can take that from me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Crappy beggining I know, this was mainly an introduction to the main character's life. Commemts are appreciated. let me know what I need to work on please.