Status: Complete, I own nothing but my own characters, and title credit goes to the amazing Mayday Parade :)

'Cause Baby I'm a Dreamer for Sure

Chapter 10

I don't know how long I sat crying my eyes out, not knowing how to feel because so many emotions were pulling at my hurting heart. I wasn't alone outside the club, but no one paid me any attention as I broke down, I was alone. Julie wasn't here to pull me up on my feet, Lacey was either asleep or wouldn't hear the phone because she was blaring music, and Ben. Ben was no longer there for me and was part of the reason I was drowning in emotions. I placed my head in my hands as more tears came.

A gentle hand was placed on my shoulder after a while, and I knew who it belonged to, but I couldn't bring myself to push him away.

"Annamarie." He began softly as he came to sit beside me. I lifted my head from my hands, but didn't look at his face, in those piercing blue eyes. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have tried. It was a stupid idea and I knew I shouldn't have tried rushing things."

"Then why did you? I mean the kiss on the cheek was one thing, but you knew I just got dumped and my heart crushed by my boyfriend, yet you still tried to kiss me even though I was so upset, why?" I turned to look at him then, he looked tired and sad; his eyes weren't as vibrant as they had been before.

"I don't know." he scoffed. "That's a lousy answer I know, but I just don't understand why I would do that, to be completely honest. I knew you were hurting and I just wanted to be there for you, not trying to win your heart, but to be a friend and just be there to give you hope. Then the slow song came on, and we danced. Everything just felt right, like you belonged in my arms, and I guess I just lost myself in the moment. Annamarie, I'm really sorry. Please forgive me." He had looked off into the distance as he spoke, but when he asked for my forgiveness, his gaze fell on my and his eyes were pleading.

I couldn't handle it anymore and wrapped my arms around his neck, burying my face into his neck as tears came over me again. He didn't even hesitate as his strong arms wrapped around me, keeping close.

"I forgive you Brooks. I wasn't mad at you, I was just confused and had so many emotions flowing through me, and it was frustrating. I didn't really know how to feel, or think about anything. I just felt lost." I said in sort of a rushed mumble, he heard me though and held me tighter as I continued to cry.

"Shh, it's okay. I understand, you have no reason to explain yourself. I'm the one who should feel bad about rushing you and I should have known better because I know what it's like to get your heart broken because the one you love, loves someone else." I pulled away then to look him in the eyes.

"What do you mean?" I asked. He gave me a sad smile as he wiped tears from my face.

"Remember that relationship I said I'd rather not talk about on the way here?" I simply nodded. "It ended because I found out she was cheating on me. We had been together for about three years, and I found out she had been seeing another guy towards the end of our second year together. I was crushed, so I ended it. I gave that girl everything and she threw it back in my face, like it was nothing." I could see the hurt in his eyes as he told this. I understood why he didn't want to talk about it.

"I'm so sorry Brooks. You're a great guy and any girl would be lucky to date you." I said as my tears finally quit.

"Thanks Annamarie. I really am sorry about tonight." He replied with a small smile.

"Can we just forget tonight and start over and just be friends?" I asked really wishing I could forget the pain and tears from tonight.

"I'd like that." He said a grin consuming his features that I happily returned.

"Awesome, but before we forget, I want to thank you."

"For what?" Confusion took over his features as he tried to think of reasons for me to thank him.

"For being here for me tonight, and sitting through my endless tears." I said a small laugh escaping my lips. He just smiled warmly at me.

"Anytime Annamarie." We just sat there for a while, enjoying each other’s company when I noticed his bracelet again.

"Brooks where did you get that bracelet?" I questioned messing with it. It was obviously homemade; it was orange and said 'Mayday Parade' on it in blue letters.

"From a fan, someone threw it onstage at a show we had exactly two months ago. It was thrown right at me during a short break during songs, so I kept it. Actually it hit me in the face, I couldn't see the fan all that well, but she did look extremely sorry about it." He said laughing some.

"I was." I said laughing with him.

"Wait, what?" Brooks asked looking at me with a confused face.

"Exactly two months ago I was at your show, up front and I threw a bracelet to you that I made. I wasn't able to meet you guys that night like I was hoping, but I wanted to give you the bracelet. I really didn't mean to hit you in the face though."

"I was hoping to meet the fan that night, but never ran into her, but I'm glad we finally met." Brooks said looking at me with a kind smile, which I returned.

"Me too, you know I made that bracelet orange because I knew it was you favorite color." I said not really sure what to say anymore, but earning a slight chuckle from Brooks.

"I figured that." We smiled at each other, thankful we were able to work things out.

"There you guys are." We turned to see Derek and Lauren leaving the club followed shortly by the others. It was Derek that spoke. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah Derek, everything's fine now." I said looking up at him. Brooks stood and offered his hand to me, helping me from the ground. My dress was probably filthy by now, but I brushed it off with little care. I would wash it later anyways. "So now what?"

"Well, Jake, Alex, Cabbage and I were talking. We have a show tomorrow night starting our new tour and were wondering if you wanted to come and help with the sound tech stuff." I couldn't believe what I just heard.

"Just tomorrow night, right?" I questioned, not knowing what else say.

"Well, if you did well, since you're in need of job now, then maybe you'd like to help us on tour." I knew I was dreaming then.

"Really, but you don't even know if I'm actually good at it or not."

"Well you can prove yourself tomorrow night, what do you say?" Jake said smiling at me.

"Yeah of course!" I said happily. "Just tell me when and where."

"We'll come pick you up." Ashley said. "Jessica and I are riding together. If you give us your address, we'll come pick you up. If you want that is."

"That would be awesome, thank you."

"Alright, well I have to go relieve the sitter and see how my kids are." Lauren said turning to Derek. "Are you riding with me or the guys?"

"I'll go with you." Derek said before looking at everyone else. "See you guys tomorrow. It was nice meeting you Annie, you better be ready for tomorrow." He said with a grin.

"It was nice to finally meet you to, Derek, and don't worry I will be." I said smiling back. He and Lauren left then with a few final goodbyes.

"Well Jess, I guess we better get going too. Annie, give Jake or Cabbage your address and they can text it to us." Ashley said as her and Jessica went to leave. Followed shortly by Alex and his girlfriend, who didn’t look too happy. It was just Jake, Cabby, Brooks, and me now.

"Well girlie, I guess we better get you home." Jake said throwing his arm around me as we walked to the van.

"You did not just call me girlie." I said trying to sound upset and not to laugh.

"Oh, but I did." He said with a cheesy grin before we both burst into laughter. We got to the van and Jake handed me his phone. "First put your number in and then you address." He ordered. The phone was already up to a new contact page, so I did as told and handed it back. We used the gps on Jake's phone to get me home. The ride unfortunately didn't last long. We talked and joked around the entire ride, the events from tonight cast to the back of my head. We eventually pulled up to where I lived and a sad sort of silence came over us.

"You sure you're going to be okay going in alone?" Jake questioned in a teasing tone.

"I think I'll survive. If y'all came with me you, you might never get to leave.” I laughed, knowing that Lacey was a huge Mayday fan and loved Jake and Alex. “Although, that might not be a bad thing, I love hanging out with you guys.” They smiled at my comment.

“Awe, isn’t that sweet.” Jake said pinching my cheek. He had become like a big brother to me in such a short amount of time.

“Yeah, it’s not going to be if you pinch my cheek again.” I said in a serious tone, but couldn’t quite suppress the laughter that followed.

“You might want to stop picking on her Jake. She might just hurt you.” Jeremy said jokingly.

“Yeah Jake, listen to Cabby!” I said laughing.

“Alright, I’ll stop.” Jake said throwing his hands in the air dramatically.

“Well, I guess I better go now, Lacey’s probably worried about me.” I said unbuckling my seatbelt and reaching for the door.

“Before you go, let me see your phone.” Brooks said holding his hand out. I handed him my phone and he began to type. “Call or text me if you need to.” He said placing my phone in my hand once again.

“So I can only use this number if I need to, not if I just want to talk?” I asked sending him a smile.

“You know what I meant.” Brooks said with a laugh.

“I know, well I’ll see you guys tomorrow.” I said leaving the van, but though of one last thing to say before closing the door. “Jake you have my number, text me!” I shouted at him with a grin.

“Will do Annie!” He shouted back with a thumbs up.

“Bye y’all!” I said before closing the door and walking away. I watched the guys drive off, noticing that Jake hopped in the front seat, before heading in. I knew Lacey was going to be asking me a million questions about today, and I had a lot to tell.
♠ ♠ ♠
The ending of this chapter is horrible I know, but I couldn't think of how to end it so I went with whatever came to mind first. lol