Status: Complete, I own nothing but my own characters, and title credit goes to the amazing Mayday Parade :)

'Cause Baby I'm a Dreamer for Sure

Chapter 12

It took a while before going to bed last night. I had to get Lacey to calm down and turn off the music, then she started asking if anyone was single in the group, which to her dismay I replied "nope their all taken, except Brooks of course, but you can't have him." Once I was finally able to lie down thoughts came rushing to me along with the pain of being dumped for someone else. I contemplated on texting Brooks, but thought better of it because he might be asleep and I'd feel terrible if I woke him. Tears came to my eyes again while the thoughts continued before being replaced with thoughts of the concert and being able to travel with Mayday Parade, my favorite band. I fell asleep with a smile on my face as thoughts of possibly having a relationship with Brooks later on.

Morning came too quickly for my liking. I could have slept longer if the sun wasn't shining in my face. I stretched as I left the comfort of my bed and trudged to the bathroom. I looked horrible; my eyes were puffy and red, and makeup was now smeared down my face from me carelessly wiping my eyes last night. I looked like I had just been dumped and it made my heart ache more. I walked to the shower and ran warm water, hoping to drown my sorrows away for a new beginning.

My shower was relaxing as the warm water washed over my body, but once I was done, I didn't feel much better. I wrapped a towel around myself and walked to my dresser, hearing the water begin to run in the other bathroom announcing that Lacey dragged herself out of bed. I got dressed in skinnies and a tank top before jumping on my bed and checking my phone. I had missed a call from Julie, earning a text of worry.

Jules: Annie you didn't answer my call so you either hate me for not telling you about Ben or you just didn't hear the phone or wasn't able to answer it. Please let me know what's up. I'm sorry if I upset you.

Typical Julie; she will think of the worse first before the more reasonable answer. She should know that I could never hate her, but she still worried about losing me as a friend.

Annie: I don't hate you Julie. I didn't hear the phone I was I the shower.

Jules: Ben told me he broke up with you, and I almost punched him in the face for doing that to you. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about the other girl; I thought my assumptions were wrong.

Annie: it's okay Jules, not your fault. Besides it’s not like he actually cheated on me.

Jules: That's just it, he did cheat. I saw him kiss her the day before yesterday, I didn't tell you because I didn't know how to, I was just so shocked. Then when I was going to tell you last night, everything was going wrong for you. I'm so sorry Annie.

Annie: Why didn't you punch him for me?!

Jules: He came to my house to tell me and I began yelling at him. When I went to punch him, my dad stopped me and told him to leave pulling me inside the house. I raised hell trying to get free and punch him though. I'm so sorry Annie.

Annie: Thanks for trying and telling me Jules. Oh and I might have a new job. Find out tonight, if I'm good enough.

Jules: You're welcome hun. And that's awesome who are you going to be working for now?

Annie: sound tech for Mayday Parade. They felt really bad about the whole thing last night and offered me a job.

Jules: That's freaking amazing Annie! You'll get it for sure.

As I was texting Julie I received a new text, this time from an unknown number which turned out to be Jake.

Jake: Hey girlie it's Jake. :) Ashley and Jess are going to pick you up in an hour. Sorry it's such late notice I just found out.

Annie: Alright thanks Jake and its fine as long as Lacey hurries.

Jake: Awesome see you later.

I texted Julie back then.

Annie: Thanks Jules, hope you're right anyways I got to go get ready and Lacey butt in gear we leave in an hour. Love ya!

With that I put my phone down and took a deep breath. I couldn't believe Ben cheated on me, guess now I know how Brooks felt. Brooks, I can't wait to see him. A smile slowly crept across my face as I thought of him; he knew how to cheer me up. I ran a hand through my hair as I pushed all thought from my mind. I made my way to Lacey's room only to hear her singing to the music that was playing. I banged on the door only for it to swing open revealing a chipper looking Lacey.

"Morning Ann." she said with a smile.

"Mornin', just letting you know Ashley and Jess will be here in an hour so you need to hurry up and get ready." I said my voice surprisingly cheerful.

"Okay almost done anyways. Everything good with you though? Don't get me wrong you sound and look fine, but I know you're still upset." She replied with a serious tone.

"I'm okay, found out Ben actually cheated on me."

"Annie I'm so sorry." Lacey said giving me a hug.

"I'll be fine, I just want to go and see Brooks." A smile made its way on Lacey's face as I realized what I had said. "I meant him and the guys." I said, heat rising to my cheeks.

"Sure you did." Her smile never fell as she looked at me.

"Just get ready." I said before going back to my room.

We were both ready by the time Ashley and Jessica arrived. We talked the entire way to the venue, the girls taking to Lacey immediately. We were definitely on the road to friendship. We finally made it and found the boys with ease thanks to security. Derek was the first to see us and walked up to us followed closely by Jake and Cabbage both of which went to hug their girlfriend. Derek on the other hand came straight to me.

"Hey Annie, glad you came." He said taking me into his arms, hugging me.

"I told you I would." I said laughing as we pulled away from each other. "This is my friend Lacey." Lacey who was normally pretty outgoing just waved at Derek with a small hi. Derek smiled warmly at her.

"Nice to meet you, and don't worry, we don't bite." He said causing Lacey to laugh and become a bit more like herself.

"Well, Alex might, but that's because he's in a bad mood." Jake said throwing his arm around me giving me hug that I returned. "Hey girlie."

"Hey Jake. Why is Alex in a bad mood?"

"His girlfriend broke up with him last night, but he won't say why." Derek said with sad eyes. At that moment Alex walked into the room, I smiled at him as I left Jake's side and walked up to him. His eyes flickered between me and the group behind me.

"Hey Alex" I said as I gave him a hug. He hugged me in return, but I could tell he was still looking at the group.

"Hey Annie. Who's the other girl?" He questioned quietly so only I'd hear.

"That's one of my best friends, Lacey Skies." I replied not knowing why I said her last name. Lacey waved at Alex who just smiled slightly back at her, neither one daring to break eye contact as the group came together rather than half way across the room. I gave Cabbage a quick hug once they were standing beside us, since I had forgotten to earlier.

Lacey and Alex had begun to talk to each other now, but I didn't pay much attention, for I heard a door open and looked towards the sound only to find Brooks walking in, a smile gracing his features the moment he saw me. I walked over to him, a bit faster than I would have for anyone else, and into his waiting arms. I smiled as I rested my head on his chest. We pulled away after a moment, not wanting anybody to get any thoughts.

"Hey Annamarie, everything okay this morning?" He finally said still smiling down at me, but concern glistening in his dazzling blue eyes.

"Hey Brooks. I guess everything’s good; I don't look like hell anymore, I did find out more about the reason for the break up, but now everything’s good because I'm surrounded by wonderful people." I said biting my lip.

"Do you want to go talk about it?" Brooks asked placing a gentle hand on my arm.

"No, I'm good; I just want to spend the day with you." I said getting lost in his eyes then realizing that I messed up again. "I mean you and the rest of the band of course." Brooks just smiled at me, and gave me another small hug. "C'mon you need to meet Lacey." I said with my cheeks burning, as we went and rejoined the group.

The day was good, mostly spent setting up for the concert and doing sound checks. I spent most of my time learning all that was necessary from Mayday’s sound tech Mike. He was cool; he made me laugh and made learning everything an easy task. I spent some time with Brooks during the day, and then some with Derek and Lauren, as well as the other band members. I also got to meet Bailey and not to mention hold the adorable Grey. Lacey spent most of her day talking to Alex, but no one minded it because Alex seemed a lot happier than he was earlier. Before we knew it, it was time for the show and butterflies filled my stomach as nerves took over. Brooks put a reassuring hand on my shoulder and gave me a hug before they went on stage and I went to work.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay this one seems kinda long to me. lol Anyways hope you are enjoying my story so far. :) Comments and advice welcomed. Also if you have any ideas on titles for my previous unnamed chapters feel free to let me know. I'll give you credit for helping.