Status: Complete, I own nothing but my own characters, and title credit goes to the amazing Mayday Parade :)

'Cause Baby I'm a Dreamer for Sure

Chapter 14

Brooks and I just sat there on the couch for a while, eventually Jake and Cabbage left to find their girlfriends. Shortly after them Lacey and Alex left hand in hand and talking about something I didn't understand. Brooks was still holding me tightly against him, silence surrounding us daring one of us to break it.

"He actually cheated on you?" Brooks started slowly not sure how to address the issue at hand.

"Yeah, I found out this morning." I said pulling away from Brooks, but just enough to look at him. "It doesn't matter much anymore. I don't want to think about it, I just want a new start."

"I wouldn't say it doesn't matter, but I think the new start is a good idea." Brooks said brushing some hair from my face, leaving his hand to rest on my cheek. I leaned my head into his hand and just looked into his eyes. Brooks slowly leaned towards me, judging my reaction carefully as he did, and brushed his lips with mine.

The kiss was simple, but sweet and I didn't have the urge to run like the night before. We broke apart after a moment and looked at each other, small smiles gracing our features before Brooks crushed our lips together again. This time a bit more forcefully, but still gentle.

The next morning Lacey and I began to pack our bags as we got ready for the tour. After my moment with Brooks last night and before we went to eat, I had texted Julie who was waiting by her car in front of my apartment when I got home. She had decided to come surprise me, knowing I'd get the job and had nothing better to do.

It took her, Lacey, and I forever to get to bed last night. Once Jules met the guys and they left, we spent the night listening to music, talking and laughing, finally deciding at about three in the morning that sleep would be a good thing. I was almost done packing, and Julie was helping Lacey pack, when there was a knock at the door. I didn't bother turning down the stereo as it played Mayday Parade's "Jersey" rather loudly when I opened the door to reveal the guys from Mayday on the other side.

"Morning everyone." I said letting out a yawn, while the boys entered my apartment. Going to bed at three in the morning was a bad idea on my part.

"Someone's tired." Cabbage said smiling at me.

"Just a bit, thanks for pointing it out Cabby." I laughed giving him a hug as well as hugging the others, saving Brooks for last. He gave me a kiss on the cheek before pulling me tightly into him.

"Awe, isn't that just so sweet? You two are adorable." Julie's voice rang out as she headed toward the kitchen to get something to drink. "Oh, and morning boys!" she added as she grabbed a Coke. I pulled away from Brooks blushing like crazy.

"So are you and Lacey almost ready?" Alex asked looking around the room and I knew he was looking for Lacey.

"I'm ready for the most part; I'm just going to double check to make sure I have everything though. I'm always afraid I'm going to leave something important, and I have no idea if Lace is, but you can find her in her room over there and check." I said pointing to the door that led to Lacey's room.

"Right, I'll go check." Alex said sheepishly knowing he got caught. I giggled as he turned and walked into the bedroom and Lacey's excited squeal could be heard.

"I'm not going back in there to help her now." Julie said walking to the couch and flopping by Jake who had sat down moments ago.

"Afraid of being ignored by a couple that not officially a couple Jules?" I asked with a grin.

"Not afraid, just don't want it to happen, besides someone's got to keep these guys entertained while you two finish getting ready." She smiled taking a sip of her drink.

"Guess I better finish then, you guy's make yourself at home, Lace and I both have bathrooms in our rooms if you need it, my room is the other open door." I said walking back to my room.

I looked everywhere to make sure nothing was forgotten as I zipped my bag shut. I could faintly hear Julie talking with the guys over the music, but was so lost in thought to hear exactly what they were talking about, let alone realize someone had walked into my room until two strong arms wrapped around my waist.

I smiled as Brooks pulled me close to him, his head resting against mine after he kissed my head. I put my hands over his for a second before turning in his arms and smiling up at him. He just pulled me close to him, crashing our lips together. This kiss was different than the ones from last night; it was more meaningful and passionate. I had just tangled my fingers in Brooks' long hair as he grabbed a handful of mine, when we heard a gasp from the door.

Julie had walked in, her face a bit red now, but she just looked down and got to the point of her interruption.

"Lacey's ready to go, and everyone's waiting." she babbled before rushing out of the room. I pulled away from Brooks after pecking him one last time on the lips, fixed my long brown hair, grabbed my bag, and left my room with Brooks at my side.

Lauren was here with Bailey and Grey, along with Ashley and Jessica to say goodbye to us and the boys. We had driven to where the bus was, and everyone was saying their farewells and hopes for safe travels. Julie gave me a big hug and I handed her a key to my apartment so she could get her things and for if she needed a place to crash. She hugged Lacey next, the three of us in tears about leaving Jules behind, but she had college and was working hard to get to her dream job. She would have come though If it wasn't for that, but she wasn't about to throw it all away to tour.

I got to hold Grey one more time before leaving and Bailey ran up to me wanting a hug which I couldn't say no to. With final hugs and goodbyes from everyone, Lacey, the guys, and I climbed into the bus, throwing our bags by the bunks before waving out the window as the bus began to leave, our travels around the U.S. just beginning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so this has gotten more to the Brooks/Annie relationship now, yay! I honestly don't have any idea how long this story will be, I guess I'll end it when I've run out of ideas. Thank you to anyone who reads this, hope you are enjoying.

Comments/Advice welcomed :)