Status: Complete, I own nothing but my own characters, and title credit goes to the amazing Mayday Parade :)

'Cause Baby I'm a Dreamer for Sure

Chapter 15

We had been riding for a few hours now.  At first we were talking and joking around, but now it was kind of quiet. Jeremy and Jake were playing  the playstation 3, Derek was on the computer, Lacey and Alex were sitting close and talking, and I was in the back lounge with Brooks. We were sitting on the couch, I was curled up in his arms with my head resting on his chest as he messed with my hair. We would occasionally steal a kiss from each other, which I did so now, but when I pulled away he just gave me this look. It wasn't a bad look, but I couldn't tell what he was thinking.

"What, is something wrong?" I questioned quietly. He just smiled at me.

"Nothing's wrong, I was just thinking." He said softly in return.

"About what?"

"About us." He said brushing hair from my face.

"What about us?" I was a bit worried now, did he think we were rushing into this relationship, or maybe he realized that he didn't feel the same about me like I did about him. Or maybe it was the small age difference between us, maybe he thought 23 and 27 were just to many years apart? He must have noticed my distress because he chuckled slightly before speaking and his thumb stroked my cheek.

"Don't worry, it's nothing bad. It's just, we're sitting here cuddling and kissing and I never even asked you to be my girlfriend." I laughed then realizing my worries had been for nothing.

"Then ask away if you must." I said with a smile. He just grinned at me in return.

"Annamarie, will you be my sweet, gorgeous girlfriend?" He asked with his adorable toothy grin as his hands rested on my waist.

"Of course I will." I said kissing him deeply, we broke shortly after and I just curled back into him and eventually drifted into a content sleep.

I was awoken by someone kissing me on the head and shaking my arm gently. My eyes fluttered open to find I had been moved to one of the bunks and Brooks was standing in front of me.

"We're at the venue, Love." he said rubbing my arm softly. I smiled at the name, Love, it had a nice sound to it coming from him. "Alex and I let you and Lacey sleep while everyone set up a bit." I saw a sleepy Lacey following Alex at that moment, heading towards the bus door, and decided I needed to get up. 

"That was sweet of you guys, and I'm glad I wasn't the only one to fall asleep." I said as Brooks helped me down from the middle bunk. I yawned and stretched my arms before putting them around Brooks' neck pulling him into a hug, the entire time his hands rested on my hips.

"We figured you two would appreciate it, you seemed exhausted." Brooks said as we pulled apart and headed off the bus hand in hand.

"We were up after three last night." I laughed, now more awake. "Anyways, what are we doing right now?"

"Sound checks and then lunch and what not until the show." He said as he held the door open for me to enter the venue. I could easily tell we were in Atlanta, I had once lived amongst these towering buildings before moving to Florida. 

We were at the Mascarade, Mayday was now touring with The Arkelles and The Maine, and honestly I was fangirling inside about meeting John O'Callaghan, but I kept my cool as we maneuvered through the many people backstage.  

Sound check and lunch went by quickly and now the show was going by just as fast. The guys had just played "You Be The Anchor..." ending their set, and just like the last concert, the crowd was wild and sad as they said goodnight and walked offstage. Brooks handed off his guitar before heading over to me and pulling me into a sweaty hug.

"So how did we do?" he questioned pulling away a little to look me in the eyes.

"Amazing as usual." I said reaching up to kiss him. "C'mon let's watch The Maine perform now." I said excitedly when I noticed them walking onstage. 

The show finally ended and now everyone was hanging out. There were a few chairs here and there, most surrounding a table that the guys were going to play cards on. Brooks told me to wait for him by the table, so I was now talking to Lacey who was sitting in Alex's lap. She had told me that they were now a couple, but I wasn't shocked to her dismay, I was happy for her none the less and gave her a huge hug. I had been able to explain Brooks and my relationship to her that day as well as to Julie.

Brooks had returned with two beers in hand, which I didn't expect, but accepted anyways. I don't normally drink, I had tried it before and it wasn't bad, but I just never had a desire to sit and drink beer, but I decided that I would sip on it through the night. I mean Brooks went through the troubles of getting me one and everyone else had one too, but I refused to drink more than one and if I started to feel any affects from it I would stop.

Brooks sat down on some sort of box they had placed at the table and started shuffling the deck of cards. I went to sit beside him, but instead he pulled me onto his lap, resting his head on my shoulder and then continued to shuffle before dealing.

 I lost track of time sitting on Brooks' lap and leaning against his chest. I had finished my beer, feeling a bit woozy from the alcohol, but my mind still completely there. I didn't quite listen to my drinking rules, because I stole a few sips from Brooks' drink, but not enough to make a difference in my attitude and actions. I was far from drunk, that's for sure.

Eventually we all decide we should go back to our busses and sleep. We had more traveling in store for us the next morning. Once on the bus I had changed from my jeans into some sweatpants and a tank, and waited for Lacey to change into her tank and shorts before we discussed the sleeping arrangement. 

"The girls definitely get a bunk." Derek said before anyone else could speak about the topic.

"I think we all agree on that one. Although, I think girlie here would be happy sleeping anywhere as long as she was in Brooksy's arms." Jake said coming up behind me and throwing his arm around me as usual.

"You got her there." Lacey giggled when I blushed scarlet.

"You're one to talk, Lace. What about you and Alex?" I said causing her to blush this time. Jake chuckled from beside me as Lacey retreated to Alex, sitting in his lap and wrapping her arms around him. "I honestly don't care where I sleep because I can pretty much sleep anywhere." I said. 

"She's not kidding either she can sleep anywhere you throw her." Lacey said laughing

"That's not true Lace." 

"Then where can't you sleep?" Alex asked trying to help his girl out.

"Airplanes." I stated bluntly but apparently the way I said it was funny because everyone laughed briefly. 

Eventually we decided that Lacey and I would get a bunk and the guys would switch off who would sleep on the couches. I had crawled into my bunk and closed the curtain, but couldn't fall asleep. By the time I was finally starting to drift into sleep, thinking everyone else already was, the curtain to my bunk opened and closed as someone joined me, wrapping their arms around me. I turned to look at Brooks with a questioning look he couldn't see but he seemed to know me better than I thought.

"I couldn't sleep, so I figured you wouldn't mind if I joined you. I didn't wake you did I?" he whispered.

"No, I couldn't sleep either. I'm glad you joined me, hate to admit it, but Jake was right." I said with a smile kissing him before he could speak. His arms tightened around me but then we broke away. 

"No worries I won't tell him." Brooks teased. "Sweet dreams Annamarie."

"Goodnight Brooks." I said cuddling into his bare chest. "I love you." I froze for a moment my eyes wide. Brooks was quiet which caused worries about me saying that too soon to fill my mind, but he just kissed my head and pulled tighter to him.

"I love you too, Annamarie." With that said we both let sleep consume us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well the I love yous are said, what do you think?

Comments/advice welcomed.