Status: Complete, I own nothing but my own characters, and title credit goes to the amazing Mayday Parade :)

'Cause Baby I'm a Dreamer for Sure

Chapter 16

The tour had been amazing so far, but was ending way too soon. We only had two more shows left before we parted way with The Maine and The Arkelles. I was mainly sad about that; I had become really close friends with Pat and Kennedy, and John was ready to fight anyone who was disrespectful to me. Which almost happened once on tour.

I had been walking down the street in Chicago, on my way back to the studio, when this guy stopped me. He reeked of alcohol as he questioned where I was going. I thought nothing of it and said I was going back to the band I worked for. He started insulting me then for no apparent reason. He must have been somewhat of a Mayday fan because he remembered me from some picture Tom Falcone took of me with Brooks, because he was shouting that I didn't deserve to be with them or with Brooks. He kept going on and on about how horrible I was, but neither of us realized that John, Pat, and Kennedy had been standing by the backstage door, just in ear shot of us. The next thing I knew John stood before me, yelling threats in the man's face about insulting me, while Kennedy tried to pull him back, and Pat lead me back away from the three in case a fight actually broke out.

That day was terrifying; the cops had been called on us and it took forever to get them to leave. I was thankful nothing happened to John for punching the rude man in his face, and for the fact that he came to my rescue along with Pat and Kennedy. They were so sweet to me, they didn’t even care that I had broken down into tears. John had pulled me into a hug before letting me go and telling Kennedy to bring me to Brooks, who was nowhere to found so I was left with Derek who refused to let me go, until Brooks came.

I had gotten really close to the members from Mayday on this tour as well. Jake had become even more like an annoying brother to me, while Derek became the loving and caring brother, I knew I could go to either for anything though. My friendship with Cabbage was a bit confusing, he was adorable as hell, and we were definitely good friends, but we didn't talk a lot to each other. Alex and I were pretty good friends now too, we argued a lot about stupid things, that ended with us laughing, but he was dating my best friend and treated her right, so I automatically liked him. We also went on double dates a few times during tour. Finally Brooks, we fell more for each other over time. It was rare to see us apart for long amounts of times, but we tried our best not to be clingy. Sleeping arrangements were no longer a problem, though, Brooks always slept in my bunk with me sleeping peacefully in his arms. Alex eventually decided to copy him and curled up next to Lacey one night and went out, snuggled into her side.

The rides were long though, especially right now. We're making our way back to Florida and our next stop was Nashville Tennessee. I was lying on the couch in the back lounge, trying to rid myself of a horrible migraine by separating myself from the guys who were joking around up front. I had a cool rag resting on my eyes when my head was lifted up and gently laid on someone's lap. I lifted the rag, slowly opening my eyes to reveal Brooks smiling softly at me as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"Feel any better, Love?" He had really taken to calling me love, not speaking my name as often. My assumptions being that Annamarie was just too long to say all the time, but he just refused to call me Annie like everyone else.

"A little, it's not hurting quite as bad anymore." I said releasing a yawn right after. "Why aren't you with everyone else?" I questioned turning on my side and getting comfortable, resting my hand on his thigh.

"I wanted to check on you, you've been back here for an hour and thirty minutes." He stated resting his free hand on my side, his fingers immediately starting to trace patterns into the thin material of my shirt.

"I've really been back here that long?"

"Yeah, but its okay. You needed the rest, and we should have tried to keep it down more." He said just as Jakes voice boomed from the front of the bus. I never realized just how loud the man was until I had a headache and his voice seemed to rise ten times in volume.

"You're fine, how long till we get to Nashville?" I said sitting up, throwing the rag to the floor as I scooted closer to Brooks.

"In about an hour to an hour and a half." He replied wrapping his arms around me and pulled me onto his lap.

"Awesome. I said before putting my arms around his neck and laced my fingers into his thick, curly, ginger locks and kissing him. He responded by tightening his hold on me, bringing me closer to him, and placing one of his hands on the back of my neck.

Brooks and I never went back to the front to rejoin the group until the bus stopped, just deciding to have some time to ourselves. Once we were at the venue everyone went to set up, my headache was still present so I left Mike with the sound check while I stayed on the bus with Lacey, who refused to leave my side now. By the time I was needed for the concert, my headache still remained, but I carried on with my sound tech duties.

When Mayday was offstage I met Brooks instead of him coming to me after the handoff of his guitar and hugged him tightly, my head now a bit worse because of the speakers. He realized how I must have been feeling because he escorted me out of the venue and back onto the bus.

The other guys partied that night, although they constantly came to ask if I was okay even though Brooks was with me. It was sweet though, until we headed to bed early and Derek walked in on us kissing in my bunk, that was pretty awkward, but well move past it.

When everyone was done for the night we all climbed to bed, Lacey, who looked like she already had bed head, thanks to Alex running his fingers through her hair, was snuggled up to the cause of her messy hair with a happy smile gracing her features as Alex kept her close. As for me, I was being held tightly to Brooks' bare chest, why he never wore a shirt to bed is beyond me, but I don't really care, I'm just happy being with him. He made me happy, happier than I had ever been while dating Ben.

I never gave Ben an answer on the friendship thing. I didn't hate him for cheating on me like I thought I would though, but in a way, I guess that was a good thing. Minus the cheating, Ben was a sweet person who wanted others to be happy, I don't know what caused him to suddenly change, but I hope it's not for good.

I cast my thoughts of Ben away as I tried to snuggle closer to Brooks, becoming a bit cold, a shiver running up my spine. Brooks pulled the covers over us more before telling me sweet dreams and holding me close as we fell into a peaceful sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter pretty much sucks, but I didn't want to go through the days of touring. So instead I told about Annie's relationships that have grown during this tour. Going to bring Julie back in the next chapter and Ben's face will probably reappear in upcoming chapters as well. So thanks for reading and hope you are enjoying.

Comments are always welcomed so I know how I'm doing. Lol