Status: Complete, I own nothing but my own characters, and title credit goes to the amazing Mayday Parade :)

'Cause Baby I'm a Dreamer for Sure

Chapter 19

Brooks had taken me back to the bus, and now I was sitting in his lap crying my eyes out because of Ben. How could he say that Brooks didn't love me? How could he hurt me again right after he just apologized?

I was brought out of my thoughts when Brooks kissed my head. I hesitantly sat up to look at him, knowing I wasn't the prettiest sight to see, he just smiled softly wiping a few stray tears from my face. I tried to smile back, but ended up just hugging him tightly my face buried in his neck as his hand rubbed my back.

"It's going to be okay." He said quietly. My Tears were gone but I kept sniffling as I clung to him too drained to do anything but sit here.

"Do I need to go find him and kick his-" John started but got cut off by Lacey.

"Butt!" she shouted keeping John from cursing, who in turn gave her a strange look. I laughed a sort of lifeless laugh.

"Thanks John, but that won't be necessary." I said as I looked over at him. "He's not worth the time anymore. I don't know what happened to him, but he's not the same caring Ben like he used to be."

"Annie's right, Ben used to be so sweet and always wanted everyone close to him to be happy, but that's not what I see anymore." Julie added placing a hand on my knee as her sorrowful eyes bore into mine. "I'm so sorry Annie." I gave her a small smile putting a hand over hers.

"It's not your fault Julie so don't blame yourself." she smiled in return. I took this chance to glance around the bus, somehow we managed to fit two bands and our friends in here, but I wasn't going to question it.

Lacey was sitting by Alex with her legs resting over his, while Derek and Cabbage sat beside them; Lauren and Grey were in Derek's lap while Ashley sat on Cabby's. Johnathan was in the back lounge playing with Bailey, while Jake stood by the bunks with his arms around Jessica, Julie beside Brooks and me with John on her other side and Pat by his and the rest of the Maine crew towards the front of the bus. The only people not there were the Arkelles but I hadn't been too close to them and there wasn't enough room.

I don't know how long we sat there in silence, but long enough to realize how hungry I was.

"I think I'm okay now, can we just drop the subject and get something to eat?" I asked receiving a few smiles of agreement. We began to head out of the bus discussing where we wanted to eat; Julie said a burger place but then remembered Derek was a vegetarian so added a quick never mind to her suggestion. We invited the Arkelles and headed off to some restaurant Alex mentioned.

The food was good, but talk was lousy for me. It was that night at the club all over again where everyone was talking away, I was miserable and Brooks kept a hand resting on my leg or holding my hand the entire time. Finally it ended and we made our way to the venue to set up for the show.

At about six that night my parents came walking into the venue donning the backstage passes I saved for them. I had barely mentioned to the guys about them coming, but when I saw them I looked at my wonderful friends. Don

"Hey guys, my parents are coming." I said nervously.

"Don't worry girlie, we'll be on our best behavior." Jake teased with a grin. I looked back at my parents who were walking rather slowly while trying to avoid running into people, before turning to look at Brooks, completely ignoring Jake's comment as he and the rest of the band walked off to get ready.

My parents knew that I was dating someone again, but they didn't know it was Brooks, who was wearing a long sleeved shirt with the sleeves rolled up revealing his tattoos. I really hope they don't judge him just because he has tattoos, or any of the guys for that matter.

"Ready to meet my parents?" I asked him even more nervous than I was before. Brooks gave me a sweet smile and took my hand in his, squeezing it gently and pulled me closer to him.

"Ready as I'll ever be, think they'll approve of me?" He asked sounding a little worried. I glanced at his tattoos again before looking into his blue eyes.

"I doubt they're going to like your tattoos, but I don't want you to cover them up. I don't care about you're tattoos, I like them actually, and besides you treat me well and that's all that matters." Brooks gave me a grin that I found to be rather sexy, even if that wasn't his intentions, before I turned to the sound of my father's voice.

"Hey Angel, how are you?" He said taking me in his arms.

"I'm good, really good actually." I said hugging him back casting any thoughts of Ben's outburst earlier that had come up, far from my mind and put happy thoughts in their place. I pulled away from my dad to give my mother a hug next. The scowl she wore eased up to a slight smile as we hugged, I guess happy to see me in a good mood.

"And what exactly has put you in a 'really good' mood?" My dad questioned jokingly with a smile that I returned.

"I really want to thank y'all for letting me follow my musical dream. I have an amazing job and have traveled more than I ever had. I've made some new and wonderful friends, and gained a new relationship in the process." I said my smile growing.

"Really now, and do we get to meet any of these friends and the person you're dating?" My mother asked, acting like I had never mentioned any of this before over the phone.

"Of course you do, actually you get to meet Brooks first."I said turning to Brooks who had backed away when my parents came up. He smiled as he came and place his arm around my shoulders.

"I'm guessing you're the one who has my daughter's smile so bright right now?" My dad said smiling; he was always the more laid back parent while my mom tried to pick out every flaw.

"If by that you mean I'm the one your daughter is dating than, yes sir. I'm Brooks Betts." he said extending his hand to shake my father's. My mother caught a glimpse of the sleeve tattoo as he did so.

"So you're into tattoos?" she questioned disgustedly, Brooks just brushed off her tone and continued to be so polite.

"I have a few, but that's it. I haven't really thought about getting more than what I already have."

"Not trying to convince my daughter to get one are you?" she continued to ask.

"No ma'am. Annamarie and I haven't really even talked about tattoos since we've been together." Brooks said and I knew he was beginning to lose his patience with my mother so I stepped in.

"I already knew about his tattoos when we met, but just because he has them doesn't make him a bad person. Brooks is so kind to me and treats me with all the respect in the world; don't go criticizing him because of one thing you don't like." I said without covering up any distaste I had for my mother's habit.

"As long as you treat my Angel with respect, then I don't see much of a problem with you dating her." My dad said placing an arm around my upset mother.

"Mom, please be happy for me. I'm happier now than I ever was with Ben, I know Brooks isn't the type of guy you expected to see me date, but he's so kind and sweet. Just give him a chance, please." I begged. She just stared at us for a moment as I leaned into Brooks' side, before letting out a sigh.

"You do seem happier than you've ever been; I guess I should give this boy a chance." I grinned from ear to ear as I hugged both of my parents before hugging Brooks tightly.

"Thank you!" I squealed before calming down. "I guess I should introduce you to everyone else before the show begins."

"You go find the others; I've got to start getting ready for the show." Brooks said kissing me gingerly on the cheek, shaking my dad's hand again and saying some thankful words to my mother before running off.

We walked around for a while as I introduced my mom to everyone. It was a lot easier than Brooks' introduction, although when my mom met Alex she told me he looked emo, which I scolded her for, appalled that she would even think that. When she met Derek and Lauren she eyed their tattoos with some disgust before giving them a chance, but what won her over with them was Grey and Bailey. When she saw the two precious girls a true smile came upon her face and she approved of Derek and Lauren.

My dad approved of the guys I traveled with easily, especially when he found out how John, Pat, and Kennedy protected me, although at first he wasn't sure about John when he came up with a beer in hand. My mom on the other hand still wasn't too keen on the idea of me traveling with them, but decided with my father to let it continue, they were finally letting me be me.
♠ ♠ ♠
My only point for this chapter was for Annie's parents to meet Brooks. Sorry it's not good, and I'll work on making the chapters better. Lol