Status: Complete, I own nothing but my own characters, and title credit goes to the amazing Mayday Parade :)

'Cause Baby I'm a Dreamer for Sure

Chapter 20

The show went by quickly and was just as amazing as always. Once everyone was off stage, my parents said their goodbyes and took their leave since they had to travel a few hours to get home. It didn't bother me though, I was happy not to have my mother around to criticize everyone. Unfortunately Johnathan, Lauren, and Julie had to go as well; Johnathan because of work and Julie because she wasn't feeling well so she went to crash at my place, and Lauren to take the baby girls home and to bed.

I now sat with Lacey sipping on a beer that Brooks brought me as we watched the boys play poker, blackjack and other various card games. Brooks was the dealer as always and every once in a while he would look my way and send me a smile which I happily returned. As we were sitting there, I noticed Lacey didn't look as perky as usual so as a good friend I had to ask what was on her mind.

"You okay Lace?" I questioned taking another swig of my drink.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just thinking." She said softly, obviously still lost in thought.

"About what, come on Lacey you can tell me." I said

"It's nothing really important, it's just while you we're working, your mother pulled me aside and started asking me all these questions." She said looking down at the beer can she held.

"What did she ask?" I asked, a sense of unease filling me.

"She asked about how living with the guys is, how long the drives are, and where we all sleep on the bus." She said the last part in almost a whisper, but I still heard her.

"You didn't tell her I share a bunk with Brooks did you?" I said in a loud whisper so I wouldn't draw the attention of the guys. My attempt didn't work all that well since Brooks gave me a confused but worried look when I glanced over at him. I gave him a reassuring smile and he just went back to the game at hand.

"I told her that living with the guys was fine, that they treat us with the upmost respect and that the drives could get pretty long." She said avoiding the topic.

"What did you tell her about the sleeping arrangements, Lacey?" I said losing my patience.

"I just told her we were short one bunk, and that you and I have a bunk and one person usually sleeps on the bus's couch. Then she asked if you and Brooks ever shared a bunk or fell asleep on the couch together." Lacey said her fidgeting getting worse, I urged her to go on. “I told her that y'all have fallen asleep together, not thinking anything of it, but not saying that you two shared a bunk. Annie I'm sorry she freaked when I said that, jumping to conclusions, and went to your dad. I think he stopped her from ruining your career and relationship though, because they didn't say anything."

"They also know that we are off tour for a few weeks, but its okay Lace, you didn't know my mom would react like that. I'm sorry you had to deal with it." I said leaning back into the couch I was sitting on and finishing off my beer. Lacey just stayed quiet before getting up and going to sit with Alex, I on the other hand went to grab another beer just wanting to forget what Lacey told me.

I found the drinks with some difficulty, since I never get my own and I never drink more than one, and had just taken a sip when a pair of arms pulled me close and the person kissed the side of my head.

"What's wrong Love?" Brooks asked concern filling his wonderful voice.

"Why do you assume something's wrong?" I asked leaning into him and he tightened his hold on my waist.

"Because you never drink more than one beer, you may take a few sips of mine once yours is gone, but never have you come to get another one for yourself."

"There's always a first for everything Brooks." I said my tone having a bit of bitterness to it, causing Brooks to turn me around to look him in the eyes.

"Annamarie, don't act like that, I worry about you is all. When I notice something that changes about you, I know there's a reason for it." He said sadness seeping into his voice at my bitterness towards him. I just looked down not wanting to see the hurt in his eyes.

"My mother knows about the sleeping arrangements on the bus, well sort of anyway." I said still refusing to look up.

"What do you mean?" Brooks asked as he ran a hand through my long hair.

"She questioned Lacey about the tour and Lacey answered her questions honestly, trying her best to be careful and she just happened to mention that we had fallen asleep together from time to time and my mother freaked. Lacey thinks my dad stopped her from ruining everything."

"Well, that would explain why your mother looked so upset when they left."

"Brooks what if they make me come home, what if they try to start controlling my life again?" I said finally tearing my tear filled eyes from the ground below me to look into his blue ones. He just pulled me into a hug.

"I won't let that happen. You're twenty three years old; they can't keep telling you what to do. Besides, they should be happy for you, for us, and not want to tear us apart." I clung to Brooks for a moment, I knew he was completely right and I shouldn't worry about them, but just be happy with my life. "I love you Annamarie." Brooks mumbled into my hair, causing a smile to paint its way onto my face.

"I love you too Brooks. Right now, I honestly believe you're the greatest thing that's happened to me." His arms tightened around me for a second before he pulled away just to crash his lips with mine. He pulled back after awhile and looked into my eyes.

"How about we do something tomorrow night, just you and me?"

"Lauren wanted us all to go to the club tomorrow remember?" I said messing with his long hair. "Also don't forget, you and Alex were planning to get y'alls hair cut tomorrow as well. You're due for a trim anyways." I said smiling

"Yes ma'am and since we can't go tomorrow night how about the day after?" Brooks said, I guess he already had an idea of where he wanted to take me since he kept going on about spending the day together when we already spent every second together on tour. At least I know he wasn't tired of me.

"You have yourself a deal sweetie." I replied tapping in the nose; he just gave me a childish grin before kissing me softly.

"Are you still going to drink the second beer?" Brooks questioned lightly and I looked down at the can I was still holding.

"Have you finished yours?"

"Yeah."

"Then do you want to share this one with me?" I asked looking up at him through my lashes. He gave me a small smile.

"Sure, it's better than you drinking another whole one by yourself." Brooks and I went to join the others again. After while we decided to call it a night; The Maine and Arkelles went back to their buses while the Mayday crew grabbed their stuff off the bus before heading home. Cabbage and Derek rode with Ashley, while I climbed in the van that Jess had brought along with Lacey, Alex, Jake, and Brooks.

"Annamarie, am I taking you and Lacey to your apartment?" Brooks asked from the driver’s seat, everyone always made him drive everywhere we went.

"I'm actually going with Alex tonight and in the morning we're going to meet each other's parents." Lacey called from the back.

"We'll looks like you're just dropping me off." I said hating the fact I would be alone tonight and tomorrow till it was time to go to the club.

"You shouldn't have to be alone; c'mon you can come stay with me tonight." Brooks stated

"You sure, I mean we're together all the time, you aren't tired of me yet?" I asked

"I can never get tired of you." Brooks reached over and grabbed my hand while still driving; I just smiled down at our hands.

"Okay stop with the lovey dovey stuff." Jake shouted from the back. I glared playfully at him to see him wearing a grin as he held Jessica in his arms.

"You're one to talk Jakie." I said using the nickname he hated.

"Shut up girlie." He said with a laugh signaling that I won that argument. I smiled triumphantly as I turned back around. The drive seemed to go by quickly; we first dropped off Jessica and Jake, then Alex and Lacey, and then we finally made it to Brooks' house. It wasn't anything huge but it was nice none the less.

Brooks handed the keys while he grabbed our bags. I rushed to the door ready to sleep in an actual bed rather than a small bunk. I smiled when I entered; I walked into a good sized living room seeing his record collection neatly placed around the television. I saw a door that lead to the kitchen and walked there next taking in everything. I heard the door close letting me know Brooks was in; he came into the kitchen with a smile planted on his face.

"So what do you think?" He asked as I continued to look around the kitchen.

"It's nice, but, umm, where's your microwave?" I questioned uncertainly, when I couldn't find one.

"I don't have one." Brooks laughed when I gave him a shocked look.

"Seriously, so I guess you've never lived had to live off of TV dinners before." I said laughing with him.

"And you have?" He said coming closer to me.

"Let's just say, Lacey and I aren't the best cooks." I said as he wrapped his arms around me pulling me close to him.

"Then you're lucky you have me." He said kissing me softly. "Have you seen the bedroom yet?" He questioned making me realize just how tired I was.

"Not yet, but I think you're about to show me." I smiled as he grabbed my hands and led me back to his room where we collapsed on the bed not bothering to change. We just curled up together, Brooks immediately catching my lips with his, and eventually I fell into a peaceful sleep, safe in his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay still crappy, but I'm trying to make them better, just hang in there. Thanks for reading.

Comments/advice always welcomed.