Status: Complete, I own nothing but my own characters, and title credit goes to the amazing Mayday Parade :)

'Cause Baby I'm a Dreamer for Sure

Chapter 21

I woke up to the sun shining in my face, so I turned to snuggle with Brooks only to discover that I was alone. I sat up quickly and looked around the room. I noticed Brooks placed our bags that we abandoned in the living room last night by his dresser, letting me know he was definitely up and not kidnapped. I also noticed that the door to his bathroom was open, so he wasn't in there; suddenly I heard the faint clatter of dishes and knew exactly where to find him. I climbed out of bed, noticing I fell asleep in yesterday's clothes so I decided to change.

Since I was just going to hang around the house today until later tonight I settled with a pair of nice sweat pants, I dug through my bag looking for a shirt when I thought about where I was and decided to go through Brooks' clothes instead and found one of his T-shirts that matched well with my pants and put it on before making my way to the kitchen.

As I entered I met with an amazing aroma, he was definitely cooking something for us and it smelled wonderful. Brooks, who had been busy with putting groceries away, finally noticed me and gave me a huge smile as he made his way over.

"Something smells-"

"Good?" Brooks interrupted wrapping his arms around me.

"I was going to say amazing or delicious, but good works too. Morning." I said kissing him.

"Afternoon almost." Brooks said in a teasing tone. "You slept pretty much all day, I had enough time to go get groceries and make a meal for us."

"Excuse me for enjoying the fact I got to sleep in an actual bed for the first time in months." I said laughing as I began to help put things away. "And you said a meal for us; it wouldn't have been so if I never woke up to eat it."

"I was going to wake you up in a few minutes, but seems like you got up well and found your way around my room." He said implying the fact that I was wearing his shirt.

"I don't know what you mean by that." I said as I placed the gallon of milk in the fridge.

"Sure you don't, anyways I like the shirt." He was smirking at me when I turned around and I sent a smile back at him.

"Really, I got it at a place called La Closet De Brooks." Wow cheesy much, but Brooks laughed anyways, wrapping his arms sound my waist.

"I think you need to shop there more often." A cheesy reply for a cheesy line, were awesome, some sarcasm intended.

"I'm not sure what's worse, the fact that you laughed at my stupid comment or came up with a response that was just as lame, but had a hidden complement behind it." I said snaking my arms around his neck.

"Who cares?" Brooks said leaning closer to me. Our lips were just about to touch when a loud buzzing went off, causing us to jump apart. "Food's ready." Brooks said going to take the meal out of the oven that just murdered the moment we were having. "Oh by the way how's your head?" Brooks questioned as he placed some type of cheesy meal on the counter. His question made me aware of the light headache I had, I guess I didn't notice it from my shock of waking up alone to rushing to get to him and then up until is question.

"I have a light headache nothing I haven't dealt with before, why?" I asked trying to find out why he would suddenly be concerned. Headaches were common with me sure, but he doesn't usually question me about them.

"I wanted to know if you had any side effects from drinking almost two beers last night." Brooks said now placing the food on two plates.

"Wait so you thought I'd have a hangover from just two beers?"

"I didn't think that, but even I sometimes wake up with a headache after I drink more than usual, but get nowhere near drunk." He responded looking towards me now.

"So did you wake up with a headache then?" I asked placing my hands on my hips.

"No, but I have before, and like and like I said last night, I worry about you." He said taking my hands in his and lacing our fingers together. "Besides you get migraines a lot and O was a bit worried that would make things worse."

"Well it didn't, but thanks for worrying." I said reaching up to kiss him, he came to meet me, but I kissed his nose instead and pulled away to look into his pouty face. "Don't be that way." I laughed causing him to smile again. "So what's for breakfast, lunch whatever you wish to call it at this time."

"It's just some noodle recipe I found; it has a few different cheeses and noodles, but no real name to it." Brooks laughed as I rushed to the counter to admire his work and all its cheesy goodness.

"Well it looks good, ready to eat?" I asked turning around to find Brooks holding two forks, one he held out to me. I took it happily and we just stood at the counter eating our fabulous meal. "Brooks this is amazing." I said before finishing the last few bites, Brooks finished shortly after taking my dishes and putting everything in the sink.

"Thanks, but it’s nothing fancy." He said beginning to raise the dishes and place them in the dishwasher.

"Doesn't matter it was still amazing." I said hoping up on the counter beside him as he placed the last fork in the washer.

"Thanks love." He said placing his hands on my hips and kissing me gently, but I pulled him closer deepening the kiss. Brooks managed to break away after a moment. "Sorry Love, but Alex and Lacey will be here soon."

"So?" I asked wrapping my legs around his waist to keep him from leaving me. He gave in for a second and kissed me again, but then heard the sound of car doors closing. I unwrapped my legs from around him and jumped down from the counter as Brooks went to answer the door.

"Hey Brooks, ready to go?" Alex asked as he walked into the house, Lacey following behind him. "Hey Annie, nice hair." He said sending me a smile when I walked over to them.

"Shut up, so I didn't feel like brushing my hair when I woke up, sue me." Upon saying that, I realized I didn't brush my teeth either and probably had horrible morning breath and Brooks didn't say a word about it!

"Well, I guess we better go then." Brooks said before Alex could reply, knowing how we get when we begin to throw petty insults at each other. "Bye Love, I'll meet you at the club tonight." He said leaning down and kissing me quickly.

"Bye Lace." Alex said kissing Lacey, unlike Brooks, Alex didn't really have to lean down to kiss Lacey because she was only a little bit shorter than him, where I was short and had to look up to everyone.

Once the boys were gone Lacey gave me a hug. "Hey Annie!" She shouted in her usual perky tone.

"Hey Lace, make yourself at home, I'm just going to go to the bathroom real quick." I said before leaving Lacey to lounge o the couch while I went and brushed my hair and teeth. I also picked up Brooks clothes he left thrown on the floor and placed them in the hamper I assumed was for dirty laundry, before returning to my friend.

We had spent most of the day sitting in the living room watching television and looking through Brooks' records. Julie called at one point and I gave her the address for her to come over. Once she was here we got tired of sitting in the living room so we ended up exploring the house, since I failed to do so last night. We were currently sitting in the office looking at his train picture (the guy loved trains, choo choo!), as well as the little plants he had growing in the window and other various things he had displayed around the room.

"So how was last night?" Julie asked suddenly.

"Fine." I said unsure of where exactly she was headed with this conversation, but hoping she wasn't assuming what I think she was since I had told her that I spent the night here.

"Anything happen between you and Brooks?" Yep she was assuming what I thought she was.

"Nothing happened between us, we kissed a while and went to sleep, and that’s all." I said getting straight to the point.

"Seriously?! You two are crazy about each other and you're finally alone at night and-." She didn't finish her sentence before she went to Lacey. "What about you Lace, did you and Alex have a nice night?"

"We didn't do anything either Julie." She said a bit annoyed that she would think that.

"Wow you two are downers, but I don't know why I'm complaining, I'm glad you two are still so innocent." She said messing with papers on the desk she was sitting at.

"You're just as innocent Jules." I said

"Yeah doesn't matter about me, I don't have a guy in my life yet." She said unusually happy about being single, when normally shed say how she wished she had a boyfriend. I didn't press the subject though knowing that she wouldn't say anything.

Finally the time to meet everyone at the club was near. We had to run to Lacey's and my apartment to get ready though. I decided on wearing a dress after much debate about it and some small heels. Julie was dressed in a nice shirt and a skirt, while Lacey wore a soft blue dress with her long hair in a braid. Julie's hair was down and curled a little, while I had one side of mine clipped back out of my face.

I drove us to the club once we were ready and after Jake texted me the address and Lacey was practically bouncing with excitement, but calmed down a bit when we went to enter. We made our way through the crowd, this time I wasn't alone about awkwardly winding our way through those dancing to the music. Ashley spotted me immediately and waved me over, giving me a hug when I approached the table. Lacey sat next to Alex admiring his new hair.

"Nice hair cut Alex, but you look a little bit like Bob S. now." Julie said smiling earning a laugh from everyone at the table. I didn't see Brooks when I came in, but a thought came to mind suddenly.

"Alex you look great and all, but please tell me Brooks still has his long ginger locks." I said panic staring to rise in my chest. It made things worse when Alex just sat there and everyone else tried to look away.

"Hey Love." A familiar voice shouted over the music. I turned around to find my handsome boyfriend, but he no longer had curls falling in his face. I walked closer to him, not sure of what to say and ran a hand over his newly cut hair. He didn't look bad, still as handsome and adorable as always, but this was a huge change. "I'm guessing you hate the hair cut." He stated, the smile he wore falling some.

"It's all gone." I said still trying to get over the shock. I shook my head and spoke again. "I don't hate it, it's just, and it’s just you cut off all your ginger curls." Brooks sighed knowing it was going to take a while for me to get over this and grabbed my hand and making me come sit beside him with our friends.

The night went on and I got over my shock and began to enjoy myself. All of us were laughing and joking around. Just like the first time I was at this club, the music had been upbeat but now they put on a slow song.

"Care to dance?" Brooks asked with a smile.

"I'd love to, but I must warn you, I'm a horrible dancer." I said with a smile before getting up and following Brooks to the dance floor. The moment we made it to a semi clear spot, Brooks pulled me close to him as my arms went around his neck and we began to sway to the music. We went through the first song, but continued to dance as they played another slow song. Neither of us had said anything, but I knew I had a few words to say so I pulled back just enough to look into his beautiful blue eyes.

"I'm sorry about the way I acted earlier when I saw your hair. I just wasn't expecting you to cut it all off." Brooks smiled at me.

"It's fine; I should have told you what I was thinking about doing. I knew you liked my hair long, so I should have said something to you. Although I didn't expect you to react like that."

"I'm really sorry. If it helps I think you look amazing with long and short hair, but it's still going to take some getting used to." I said feeling terrible about the way I acted.

"I think it helps, and I expected that, because I'm going to have to get used to it as well." Brooks said smiling at me before he leaned in and kissed me. I tightened my arms around his neck as he pulled me closer to him. We were in our own little world, but that was about to end because we didn't realize someone had been watching us the entire night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so here's 21, and now I have no idea how to write the next chapter so it may be a little while before it gets up.