Status: Complete, I own nothing but my own characters, and title credit goes to the amazing Mayday Parade :)

'Cause Baby I'm a Dreamer for Sure

Bet He'll Get The Nerve To Walk The Floor And Ask My Girl To Dance

The club was rather crowded, which was perfect for me since I didn't really want to be seen. I had followed Annie to the club she was headed to rather easily and now I was just sitting and watching. I know I said that Brooks fellow could have her, but that didn't change the way I felt, the way I feel about her. I screwed up bad, I let the best girl go, even if she didn't think she was the best I thought so.

I was sitting across the club while Annie, with Julie and Lacey by her side, made her way towards her friends. Brooks wasn't with her yet, I noticed him by the bar with Mayday's lead singer, Derek, I think. I never could remember their names, Annie always corrected me when I mixed them up, she was so in love with them and their music, and back then me.

When Brooks went over to Annie, she turned around in complete shock. He had cut off all his hair and she was upset about it? Something I've never felt before boiled inside me as I watched her run her hand over his hair and down the side of his face before he lead her to the table to sit, placing his arm around her. I guess this is what jealousy feels like and I hate it.

Annie and her friends had been sitting around talking and laughing for most of the night, everyone of them had a beer in whether they were taking the time to really drink it or not. Annie had taken a few sips of hers, but was too busy laughing at the jokes that were told to really drink any. I didn't even know she drank, wonder if her parents know this fact or not.

Suddenly the wild songs the club had been playing died down and now a slow song played through the speakers. Next thing I know, Brooks leads Annie to the floor and they begin to dance, hardly any space between them as they held each other close. Eventually Annie pulled away slightly and began to talk to Brooks, she looked serious at first but a small smile ended that, and then Brooks leaned closer to her. My hands were in fist as I watched them bring each other closer, kissing as if no one was around them. My heart hurt seeing the sight and jealousy raged through me as I left the safety of my seat across the club and made my way to the two. I kept my emotions hidden as I approached, putting a friendly smile on my face before I spoke.

"Annie?" I asked trying to make it sound like I just happened to run into her. They broke apart, looking towards the sound of my voice, but not moving away from each other, especially after seeing it me, that caused Brooks to tighten his hold on Annie's waist.

"Ben, what are you doing here?" Annie asked her hands now resting on Brooks' arms, her voice holding shock at seeing me.

"Just here with a friend." I lied, but Annie didn't seem to buy it. I don't know if Brooks did or not, he just gave me this cold sort of look as he held on to Annie protectively. "I was just wondering if I could have a dance?" I asked nervously. Annie gripped Brooks' arm at this and he held onto her tighter.

"What happened to all that crap you said, I thought you were through with me and leaving my life?" She asked

"I realize I said a lot, but please Annie just one dance, till the end of this song?" The song had only begun a few seconds ago so I had about two minutes to dance and talk.

"Fine, one dance and then I want you to leave me alone. I'm tired of you hurting me." She said, Brooks wasn't too happy about it though and refused to let her go when she went to step away, causing her to look up at him. "One dance Brooks, I'll be okay." She said pecking him on the lips. He sighed and released her, glaring at me before he walked back to their friends.

"Thank you Annie, I'll leave you alone after this." I said as she came closer to me.

"What are you really doing here Ben?" She questioned as we began to move to the music.

"I came to apologize, I was wrong Annie. I was wrong to hurt you and leave you. I was wrong to say any of that crap to you yesterday. Please Annie, give me a second chance, I won't hurt you again, but I'm afraid Brooks will." I said in a rush, but Annie heard it all.

"Brooks will not hurt me, he loves me and I him." She said upset.

"He may not mean to do it, but he's famous Annie, and he may slip up at some point and break your heart. You're mother doesn't even think it’s a good idea for you to date him."

"My mother? How do you know my mother thinks that?" She was really upset now, but not completely mad, yet.

"She told me, I called her asking where you would be tonight so I could apologize and she told me about you and Brooks. You're rushing this relationship Annie, your mother agrees; you shouldn't be falling asleep in his arms at all." I was beginning to lose control of my emotions, jealousy seeping through as I spoke.

"That's none of your business to begin with, and besides we were on tour together. You sometimes fall asleep wherever and at times can end up falling asleep on the person next to you. As for my mother, she'd be happy to have me home and back to school for an art major right now."

"She worries about you Annie, she may think that she knows best when she may not, but she does have your best interest in mind, and with your best interest in mind she thinks you should stop touring and break up with Brooks, and frankly, I agree with her!" I yelled at her, we had stopped dancing moments ago even though the music continued. Tears wee building up in Annie's eyes, once again I had hurt her, but she had hurt me as well.

"You wanted me to give you a second chance." She began stepping away from me. "But how can that happen when you're still hurting me and trying to take away the best thing that's happened to me? Not only that but telling me my mother agrees." Tears fell from her eyes now. "Just go away Ben, just leave my life. I don't know what happened to you, but you're not the same Ben I was best friends and grew up with, but I hate this new you and I want you gone." With that she turned and ran towards the door of the club, Brooks hot on her trail. The friends they were with glared at me, before four of the guys began to stalk towards me, rage filling their features. I knew I was in trouble so I turned and began to weave through the crowd and when I noticed they had lost me, I found another exit from the club and made my escape, leaving the best girl in my life behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this one is not great, I decided to try writing from someone else's point of view other than Annie's. thanks for reading and feel free to comment and tell me what I need to work on or whatever.