Status: Complete, I own nothing but my own characters, and title credit goes to the amazing Mayday Parade :)

'Cause Baby I'm a Dreamer for Sure

Chapter 26

It has been months since I met Brooks' parents and our relationship is still going strong. The guys are going on another tour, the third since Lacey and I have been with them. Lacey and Alex's relationship is going extremely well too. Alex is even thinking about proposing to her but his nerves get the best of him, he wants it to be perfect and is afraid he'll screw something up. He comes to me and talks about it, and I'm not much help for him, but I try. Derek and I have gotten so much closer that we forget at times we really aren't related; people who don't know have even begun to ask us if we're siblings it's that bad, but we don't really care. I have even told people that we are just to skip an explanation of our friendship.

I've gotten a lot closer to Jake and Jeremy as well over the months. Jake is the one I joke around with all the time. We pick on each other and laugh, just having a grand time together. although I do accuse him of trying to steal Brooks from me, but whenever I do he just goes up to Brooks and tries to kiss him on the cheek, they so have a bromance going on, but Brooks completely denies it. Jeremy on the other hand is the guy I go to if I want to just go crazy. We run around all the time just doing stupid stunts and don't care if people think we're crazy. We just have fun hanging out with each other.

Brooks and I are still as in love as before, although we have had our share of arguments. They have just been small disagreements, but still they're more than we ever had before. We get over them pretty quickly and I've only cried about one and I went to Derek who just held me letting me cry on his shoulder until Brooks came to apologize and we talked it over. I don't really remember our fights though. We've been dating almost a year now and I feel as if we have known each other forever.

As of now we're heading back to Tallahassee for our next show. Alex and Jake are playing a football game on the PS3, the boys came up with a tournament, Lacey and I are part of it even though we have no idea what's going on. Lacey right now was being a cheerleader of sorts for Alex, a very quiet one at that, which was good for me because I once again had a headache. I was lying in the back with my head on Brooks' lap and my legs bent up so that Derek could lean against them as he watched a movie on his computer. Jeremy was sitting on the floor beside me playing his DS.

"How long until we get back to Tallahassee?" I asked putting my hands on my head wishing it would stop hurting.

"Not too long, we should be there fairly soon." Brooks answered softly running a hand through my hair. "How's your head?"

"It's better but still not great." I said removing my hands and looking up at him. His hair was beginning to grow out again and fall slightly in his face, which I was happy about. I wanted it to grow long enough for me to straighten it like he once wore it. I smiled at him before looking at Derek who shifted to get more comfortable, but was still leaning against my legs. His hair was beginning to get long again as well, but I liked it, it was almost as long as he had it in the stay video.

"You should get some rest Love." Brooks said still running his hand through my hair.

"I know, but I'm not tired." I said as I began to play with Derek's hair, he looked back at me with a smile just as I yawned.

"Yeah sis, you're so not tired." He said with a laugh. I glared at him, but he knew I meant nothing by it and laughed even more. "Just listen to Brooks, Annie, and get some sleep."

"Fine, I'll try." I said giving in; it wasn't that hard to fall asleep. The moment I closed my eyes, I realized just how tired I was and fell asleep almost instantly.

I was awakened by someone shaking my arm, my eyes opened to reveal Jake beside me. "Time to get up girlie." He said with a smile. I realized my head was still in Brooks' lap and he was fast asleep, but I also felt someone beside me and looked to see that Derek had fallen asleep too and somehow managed to fall beside me with his head resting on my stomach. I shook him awake first; he looked a bit startled at first, then confused, and then he looked at me and gave me a sleepy smile.

"Sorry Annie, I didn't mean to fall asleep on you; I'm actually not sure how I ended up like that." He said sitting up and stretching.

"Its fine Derek, you're family, and I don't care." I said sitting up as well.

"How's your head?" He asked now standing in front of me about to head towards the front of the bus.

"A lot better thanks. Are you ready to see Lauren, Grey, and Bailey again?" I asked and he gave me a toothy grin that lit up his entire face.

"Of course, I miss them so much when were on tour."

"I know you do. You're an extremely happy person most of the time, Derek, but I can tell you're happiest when you're with them." He just smiled at me before leaning down and giving me a hug and heading towards the front. I turned to Brooks then and kissed him on the lips. He didn't kiss me back, but his eyes fluttered open and he gave me a smile. “Time to wake up Sweetie." I said kissing him again and this time he kissed back.

"We back in Tallahassee?" He said sleep still heavy in his voice as he sat up and stretched.

"No idea, I'm assuming so since Jake told me it was time to get up." I said

"Okay I'm up." He said standing and pulling me with him. I knew he was still half asleep, but he still headed off the bus with me and the others.

We were back in Tallahassee and just like always we were greeted by our friends and family. Lacey's parents even showed up this time as we set up for the show. My parents were running late, but made it just before the show began.

I had made up with my parents and they now let me live my life and tried to support me all the way even if my mother still had her bad habits and irritating traits. She definitely didn't like the fact I had gotten a small tattoo on my right shoulder of a flower with a butterfly and some Mayday lyrics. I thought it was cute and so did everyone else, but she disliked it.

After some final things were set up the show began. The first band was awesome even if I didn't really know their songs all that well yet. I sang along to what I knew and had fun, before kissing Brooks quickly and hugging everyone else as they headed on stage and I went to my sound booth area on the side of the stage. I had a perfect view of everyone and Brooks sent me a dazzling smile as he played to Oh Well Oh Well. They played a second song as well before Derek spoke to the crowd.

"Hello Tallahassee!" He said and received screams of excitement from the audience. "Well it’s great to be home and before we continue the show with our next song, our rhythm guitarist, Brooks, has something important to say." He said and I just looked at them with a confused look as he handed the microphone to Brooks and sent me a smile.

"Alright before I say anything, I need my wonderful girlfriend to come up here." He said looking towards me. I was shocked; I couldn't move from fear of standing in front of the crowd, but Lacey and Julie grabbed my arms and forced me on stage with my best friends and my boyfriend who was no longer holding his guitar. "C'mon Annamarie", he said holding out his hand. I gently took it took it as he brought me to stand in front of him.

"We've been dating for almost a year now and I know some might think I'm rushing this, but I know how I feel about you. I love you more than anything. Annamarie Alexandra Holton," he said getting down on one knee and tears came to my eyes as he pulled out the most beautiful ring I have ever seen. "Will you marry me?" I stood there just staring at him as tears fell down my face. Derek came beside me some.

"Say something sis." He said snapping me out of my trance. I smiled at Brooks and relief washed over his features.

"Yes Brooks, I'll marry you." I said barley above a whisper while Brooks slipped the ring on my finger, stood up straight, and kissed me. I hugged him tightly when we broke and that's when I remembered the audience that had suddenly broke into screams and cheers again.

The rest of the night Brooks and I were congratulated so many times, but it never got repetitive. I was so happy; I was going to marry Brooks Betts. I couldn't believe it. All I could do was smile, thank people, kiss Brooks, and admire my beautiful ring. The only downfall was that we were going to be climbing back on the bus to continue touring rather than head home, but I'd get over that, because I was engaged to the man of my dreams.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well there you have it, they're engaged! Sorry the beginning was crappy though. I think I'm going to be ending this story fairly soon though. Thanks for reading and let me know what you think. :)