Status: Complete, I own nothing but my own characters, and title credit goes to the amazing Mayday Parade :)

'Cause Baby I'm a Dreamer for Sure

So Much For Living The Dream...

Jules: So you're telling me that Brooks Betts flirted with you

Annie: I guess, I told you what he said to me. My name is beautiful and that my dress is pretty.

Jules: You guess?! Ann the guy refuses to call you by anything short of your full name, gave you shy smiles, and complimented your dress. Brooks likes you!

Annie: Maybe, but I have Ben and Brooks is famous... Hey I have to go my ungrateful boss has returned.

I dropped my phone in my bag, luckily unnoticed by Lampton as he walked in. He looked much calmer than before, but I knew that was because of the boys in the sound booth. He glanced at them as they talked with one another before turning to me with a cold glare.

"You didn't do anything stupid did you?" His voice was low when he spoke, just barely above a whisper. "Didn't get in the way did you?"

"No sir, I introduced myself and offered my help, that if they needed it just to ask, and sat here the entire time you were gone." My voice was level as I spoke, holding back my annoyance at his tone.

"As long as you didn't embarrass me or the company." He stated giving me one last harsh look before his features softened as he looked at the boys and spoke into the microphone to them. "Alright, are we ready to record?" The boys looked a bit startled, probably with how kind, but still cold his voice sounded. They all glanced to me quickly before looking at Lampton again, well all but Brooks. He kept his eyes on me and I gave him a reassuring smile that everything was fine.

"Yeah let's record." Derek said bringing Brooks’ attention back to him and Mr. Lampton.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The guys were amazing, no surprise there, but Lampton kept messing with the sound and made Derek sound a bit strange as he sang. I spoke up a few times while he did so, each time gaining a cold glare and response. Lampton was losing his temper again. The final word was sung and the chords rang out signaling that the song had ended.

"So how was that?" Derek asked hopeful that the recording went well.

"I've got it recorded; I'm just trying to play with the sound a bit." Lampton responded playing the track again and messing with the sound. Derek and the boys looked a bit frustrated. This was the third song they recorded and Lampton couldn't leave alone. I noticed Brooks looking at me again, he'd been glancing at me all through recording, and instead of meeting his eyes and quickly looking away as I had been, I gave him a sympathetic smile. I was sorry they had to work with Lampton, they should have gotten someone else to record their music, but Lampton was one of the best. He may be rude, but he knew what he was doing, even if it did take forever for him to get it right.

After a few minutes passed and no luck came from what Lampton was doing, I decided to voice my opinion yet again, or at least try."Mr. Lampton, what if you-" I began only for him to turn to face me with a deathly cold glare.

"Listen here Holton. I'm the one who knows what they're doing, not you. You are an intern, you're here to learn and help out, not try and take over my job!" Lampton's face was beginning to turn a bit red again. I usually kept my cool in these situations, but I had enough of him yelling at me.

"That's exactly what I'm trying to do, learn and help!" I yelled back, maybe a bit too loud, but I was letting out a month's worth of frustration at this man. "All you do is yell at me and put me down, when all I do is work my butt off to do what you ask and learn this job under the worst boss ever!"

"I'm the worst boss ever?! That’s nonsense, you, Holton, are just a horrible intern and think that you know best when clearly you just shouldn't be in this line of work. You're people skills are awful as well, which doesn't help your case either. If I could fire you I would, and trust me I've mentioned it to Mr. Kemp many times, but he thinks you're something amazing. Honestly I think Johnathan has put false thoughts in his head." I knew Lampton had more to add but he was interrupted suddenly by none other than the boys from Mayday Parade.

"Her people skills aren't awful!" They yelled together. During the argument, we hadn't even realized Lampton left the mic on so the guys heard every word.

"Okay so we just met her, but anyone who puts up with being yelled at constantly," I accidently let that slip out and the guys felt sorry for me. "And can be as sweet to others as Annie is, does not have awful people skills." Derek said defending me and the others followed suit.

"Yeah, Annie has treated us with respect since you left us with her." Cabbage said.

"She knows how to treat others with kindness." Alex added.

"Annie has treated us like people rather than rock stars, even though she's a fan of our music." Jake continued.

"She's a sweet and kind person, who doesn't deserve to be yelled at because you don't want her help." Brooks finished looking at me once again, this time with concern etched on his face. It took me a moment to realize I had silent tears streaming down my face. The guys standing up for me was really touching; they barely knew me, yet here they were defending me.

"You know you're wrong Lampton." A new voice said, this time coming from behind me. I turned to the speaker, to find Johnathan standing there a disappointed look on his face as he stared at Lampton. "Annie is an amazingly talented person. I trained her some before she started and she picked up everything quickly and knows more than you think. I didn't put thoughts into Mr. Kemp's head, he's seen what Annie can do with such little equipment and couldn't wait to see what she would bring to the company." Johnathan's voice was calm, but left no room for arguing. Except Lampton had to try and get the upper hand again.

"Yeah, well she hasn't brought anything to the company. The only thing she has been able to do is set up equipment. She hasn't given me any real help beyond that." Lampton looked at me and it was an evil sort of look too. "Sorry to disappoint you and Mr. Kemp, but this girl is nothing special." I had enough, I grabbed my bag, threw it on my shoulder, and rose from my seat.

"I've had enough of your comments Lampton. I have been nothing, but kind since I got here, but I'm through dealing with you." I gave a sad look at the guys in the sound booth, all who wore a sorrowful face towards me, before turning and beginning to leave only to stop by Johnathan. "Thank you for the chance to escape my parents future Johnathan, but," I turned to give Lampton one last cold look as I spoke words I wish I didn't have to. "I quit"

I left the room then, tears streaming down my face, but felt as a weight was lifted from my shoulders. I was free of Lampton. The good feeling of Lampton out of my life kind of went away quickly when I walked out of the building and remembered that I didn't have a car. I had ridden in with Johnathan while my car was in the shop, and I lived too far away to walk, but I refused to go back into the building, so I'd wait for Johnathan out here.