Status: Complete, I own nothing but my own characters, and title credit goes to the amazing Mayday Parade :)

'Cause Baby I'm a Dreamer for Sure

Chapter 8

The 'little' club, as the boys described it, wasn't so little after all. It was a fair sized building and it was packed with people. My worries about Ben were cast aside as a new fear took its place. I'm not afraid of people, but I'm not really comfortable in packed places. There were people everywhere and I awkwardly tried to make my way around people, almost running into a few. Brooks noticed this and let go of my hand he had been holding and placed his arm around my shoulders pulling me into his side protectively. I looked up at him quickly before slipping my arm around him as well, sinking into his side, and allowing him to guide me through the chaos of people.

We found the boys' girlfriends rather easily, and it turns out Alex's girl beat us there. We got arranged the way we wanted in the large booth before I was introduced to the girls.

"So are you just a friend or are you Brooks' girlfriend?" Jessica asked, catching me a bit off guard. I couldn’t blame her for assuming that though.
"I'm just a friend, sort of. We kind of just met today." I said from my spot between Derek and Brooks, and finding my hands rather interesting and started messing with my nails.

"Really? You must have made some impression on Br- the guys." Ashley said stumbling over her words a bit, I knew she wanted to say Brooks, it didn't help my case any that when they first saw me Brooks and I had our arms around each other.

"She was really kind to us and to her douche bag of a boss, so we invited her along rather than sitting on the sidewalk bench." Jake said covering up for my lack of words as I smoothed out my dress a bit before messing with my nails again. Brooks put an end to my fidgeting by taking my hand in his, his thumb brushing over the top of my hand in an attempt to calm me down.

"Why were you sitting on the street bench?" Jessica asked astounded. "I'm guessing there's more to this story?" So once again I had to tell my story minus the boyfriend worries. That was until my phone started vibrating in my purse. I pulled it out and looked at the caller ID, it was Ben.

"I'm really sorry, but I have to take this. Brooks can you let me out?" I asked. He slid out of the booth and I made my way, rather easily, but still awkwardly, to the door exiting the club. I missed Ben's call, but as I went to dial his number he called back. "Hey Ben, how are you?" I asked trying to swallow my worries.

"I'm okay, listen Annie, I'm sorry I missed your call earlier, I hope it wasn't too important." Of course it was important!

"No, it was all that important, just about work and Lampton. Is something wrong, you sound a bit off tonight?" His voice wasn’t as cheerful as usual.

"Actually there is. Annie, I can't do this anymore." My worries were hitting me hard now, something was wrong with our relationship and it began to break my heart.

"What do you mean?" My voice broke a bit.

"I mean I can't deal with you being so far away from home, following your dreams, and yet you’re still unhappy. It seems like every time we talk you’re complaining about work and were growing further apart."

"Ben, were not-"

"Maybe you don't see it, Annie, but I know we aren't as close as we used to be.” He said cutting me off. “We’re a few hours away from each other and yet we never visit. I'm sorry Annie, but I can't have my heart hurt by you anymore, and yes I mean hurt, you haven't broken it, but it hurts to see you unhappy and not bothering to see me. Besides, I think this whole separation thing made me realize that I don't love you the way I thought I did."

"What are you saying, that you don't love me anymore?" Tears were flowing freely now.

"I do love you Annie, but more like a friend and sister, not like I want to marry you or anything."

"There has to be something else that made you realize that besides the 'separation'." I was having troubles accepting this as my heart broke more with each word.

"There is actually. There's a girl I met in class and we’ve been talking and hanging out some. I'm sorry Annie; I hope we can still be friends." Silenced passed, but I didn't speak; I didn't really know what to say. "I understand if you don't want to be friends after this, but I would like an answer."

"I don't have one right now." He tried to speak again, but I cut him off. "Ben, I have friends waiting for me. I have to go." Again he tried to speak, but I ended the call. I leaned against the wall and slid to the ground and hugged my knees close to me. I couldn't do anything but cry, it just hurt too much. I lost someone so important to me; my heart was crushed, so crying was my only sad option.

"Annamarie?" Only one person calls me that. I looked up slowly to see Brooks standing beside me, concern in his beautiful eyes, and a lit cigarette in his hand which he put out quickly and came to sit beside me.

"He broke up with me. There was some girl he met at school and he fell for her." Sobs consumed me again and Brooks pulled me to him, hugging me tightly as I cried into his chest. He rubbed my back trying to calm me, but said nothing while we sat there. My sobs finally subsided, but tears still made tracks down my cheeks. I rested my head on Brooks' shoulder and began messing with his long, curly hair as we sat there.

"He doesn't know what he let go of." Brooks said softly after a while.

"What do you mean?" My voice still shook some as I spoke.

"You're am amazing person Annamarie and any guy that breaks your heart is just too blind to see it." I hugged him as well as I could with the way we were sitting, no one had ever said that to me before and it meant the world to me. Brooks tightened his hold on me, resting his head on mine.

"Thank you Brooks. That means a lot to me."

"You're welcome Annamarie." He loosened his hold on me and sat up straight causing me to pull away from him. We got lost in each other’s eyes for a moment before he spoke. "What do you say we go back in now?" He asked wiping a stray tear from my cheek.

"Sounds good I guess." Brooks rose from the ground and offered me his hands. I took them and he pulled me up from the hard ground and when I was standing, he placed a quick kiss to my cheek. I was a bit shocked as I looked up at him, getting lost in his beautiful eyes again. He was blushing and had let go of my hands. I knew he wasn't sure about what he had done, and honestly neither was I, but I took his hand in mine anyways and gave him a sweet smile, which he happily returned.