Status: Complete, I own nothing but my own characters, and title credit goes to the amazing Mayday Parade :)

'Cause Baby I'm a Dreamer for Sure

Chapter 9

Brooks and I reentered the club and made our way back to the others. Derek and Lauren had made their way to the dance floor why we were gone, but everyone else was still sitting and talking happily with one another. Ashley looked up and saw us coming, worry consuming her features as she rushed over to me.

"Annie, you look upset what’s wrong? Have you been crying?”

"I'm okay, just a really bad phone call." I was hoping she wouldn't press the subject.

"Must have been some phone call. Anyways c'mon you can sit by me." She said taking my hand in hers and leading me to the table.

We sat at our booth for a while talking amongst ourselves, well not so much me. I sat between Ashley and Brooks, mainly listening and hardly laughing at the jokes told. Brooks was once again holding my hand, trying to give me some comfort. I just couldn't figure out why Ben would suddenly have such a change in heart. We had only been apart for a little over a month; I was still trying to get settled in here, how could he have expected me to drive home to see him so soon? It just made no sense, Ben and I had been together for two years now and a couple months and one girl tore us apart. Then he wanted to be friends after he just ripped my heart to pieces? Maybe my mother was right not to fully trust him. I guess for once, I really should have believed my parents knew what was best. I wonder what... My thoughts were cut short as Derek and Lauren joined us again.

"Annie you're back. Was that the guy you were worried about?" Derek asked taking a sip of the drink he had in his hand.

"Yeah, it was." I sounded like I was going to cry again, and I was tired of crying, I had done so much of it today. Derek caught the tone in my voice.

"I'm guessing I should drop it. I'm sorry Annie."

"It's fine Derek, he just wasn't the right guy for me." I said failing miserably at a tone other than sadness. It just made me sound even more upset.

"Well, he just didn't see clearly to let someone as nice as you go." Derek said. These guys think alike, Brooks had pretty much said that to me, it made me smile some.

"Thanks Derek." I said. The music in the club had been rather upbeat, but now they had put a slow song on. Brooks nudged my arm. "Care to dance?" He said smiling sweetly at me. I returned it and nodded my head, before being pulled to the dance floor. That's when it hit me.

Brooks turned to me with a smile on his face and a small laugh escaping his lips upon seeing my face. "Don't worry; you're not going to run into anyone." He thought me being uncomfortable was because of my hate of being in crowds, but this time it wasn't.

"It's not that, it's..." I trailed off looking down at my feet. Brooks lifted my chin to make me look at him.

"Then what's wrong?" He was no longer smiling; his cheerful face was now concerned.

"I can't dance." I said a bit embarrassed.

"Is that all? You had me worried for a moment, Annamarie." Brooks said laughing. He pulled me close to him by my waist and I slowly snaked my arms around his neck as we began to sway to the music.

I was comfortable in Brooks’ arms, it felt right and I think he felt the same way. I never thought right after breaking up, I'd be the type of girl to move on to another guy so quickly, but here I was, slow dancing with Brooks Betts from Mayday Parade. I wasn't over Ben by any means, but being with Brooks tonight made it a hell of a lot easier. The way he was acting tonight confirmed what Julie had said, Brooks liked me. I knew I liked him to, but I also knew that I wasn't ready to get into a relationship, especially with someone I just met today. The thought that got cut short earlier floated into my head again; would my parents would approve of him?

By the time the song had ended, I had my head resting on Brooks shoulder and his head was resting against mine. There was no space between us as we stood there in the middle of the floor. We were just comfortable in each other's arms, and nothing else really mattered. Finally, I pulled away from Brooks slightly, but not enough to leave the safety of his arms. I just looked into his beautiful blue eyes, taking in the moment. Brooks wore a small, content smile on his face as he looked back at me.

Next thing I knew, he slowly started leaning towards me and I panicked. Right before his lips touched mine; I escaped his arms and put a few steps between us. My heart was racing as I looked up into his hurt face, I had rejected him. I hadn't really wanted to, but thoughts of Ben came flooding back and I couldn't do it.

"I'm sorry Brooks. I, I just can't. Not now." Tears filled my eyes as I turn and left the club without bothering to grab my bag, trusting Ashley to keep it safe. Once again I was crying. I didn't know how to cope with all of this. Too much was happening in such little time, it made my head spin. When I made it outside, I collapsed by the wall as sobs consumed me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Annie's on an emotional rollercoaster, nothing seems to make sense to her. Anyways to all who read, I thank you.

Also I want to thank my new tumblr friend (living-for-maydayparade) for reading. She's pretty much the reason I keep posting like I do. lol :)

Comments welcomed and I'll get the next one up as soon as possible, cause I'm all caught up with posting the chapters that I'd already had typed out. Anyways hoped you enjoyed!