If We Stand for Nothing, We Fall for Anything

welcome to baltimore

Here i was in the back of my parents care listening to music on my ipod. My parents were forcing me to move to Baltimore, which to be honest, i couldn't care less about. New york was awful. It was full of stuck up, rich, prissy people who had no appreciation for music or life in general what so ever. All they cared about was how much money their parents had and who wore the nicest clothes. So as usual me wearing my skin tight black skinny jeans and band t-shirts didn't get me to many friends, more like my body stuffed into a locker and my head in a toilet. So as far as i was concerned Baltimore couldn't be any worse.
"we're here!" my dad yelled. My parents weren't like other people in New york either. We weren't poor or anything, they just didn't pride themselves on how much money they had. Although they did think i was strange like the rest of them.
"Do i seriously have to go to school today? We legit just got here." I complained.
"Yes Jessie, you're going to school." My mother stated.
"Ugh, fine."
My school was in walking distance from my house, so i walked as slow as possible thinking of excuses of why i skipped. With nothing good in mind i decided to go in. I pulled my schedule out of my back pocket and found my first class. I Knocked on the door not excited for the whole "new kid" speech.
"Hello you must be Jessie welcome to Baltimore." exclaimed the over enthusiastic teacher.
"thanks." I said looking around for a place to sit.
"You can sit here!" A lanky boy with dark hair and blonde streaks said, pulling out the chair beside him. "I'm Jack!"
"Hey I'm Jessie." I said looking at my desk.
"so you into music?" He asked. Did this guy seriously just ask me that? I was waiting for the "so what do your parents do for a living?" and "what college are you going to?"
"Umm yeah I am, but nothing you'd be into" I said, sticking a headphone in my ear.
"Do you like Blink?" He asked. I pretty much choked on my own saliva.
"you know Blink?" I asked dumbfounded
"they're my favourite band!" he said excitedly
Wow maybe this kid and me could be friends. MAybe he was like me and had no one to talk to about music.
"I'll have to introduce you to my band mates! you'll get along just fine!" he exclaimed
Once again i nearly choked. Bandmates? Baltimore was turning out to be pretty good.