If We Stand for Nothing, We Fall for Anything

guitar lessons

The band finished playing their last song in practice. I was completely blown away. They were amazing, the type of band I'd actually listen to.
"So Jess, what'd you thinking?" Jack asked jumping down beside me on the couch. The rest of the guys had gone upstairs to get something to eat.
"You guys are so good!" I smiled. He looked pleased.
"Do you play any instruments?" He asked
"Well I play acoustic guitar, poorly." I laughed. "I want to play electric really bad though."
"No way! Well i could come over sometime and teach you a few things." He offered. Wow this was so nice, people actually wanting to hang out with me and actually do stuff i wanted to do.
"Yeah that would be awesome. You should come over tomorrow after school." I stated hoping i wasn't being annoying by asking him to come over so soon.
"Sure! that would be great!" he wrapped his arm around me. Just then the guys came back down.
"Jack already putting the moves on the lady." Alex laughed. The guys were all super nice. They were also hilarious. It was awesome to see how close they were with each other, they were so comfortable.
"So Jessie did you like our music?" Alex asked.
"Yeah i was just saying to Jack you guys are great! you'll for sure get signed! And if you don't I'll make my own record company and sign you!" I joked.

The next day at school I met up with the boys at lunch.
"So where do you guys usually eat?" I asked.
"Normally right here in front of Alex's locker." Jack motioned for me to sit down.
"So do any of you guys have girlfriends? You're in a band so the ladies must be all over you guys." I teased.
"Well Rian has a girlfriend whos in a band also! Her names Cassadee, but she doesn't go to this school." explained Alex.
"That's awesome Ri! Good for you! How bout the rest of you?"
"Well I'm single baby." Jack said winking at me. I laughed, i was excited for our guitar lesson after school.
"Zack has a girlfriend named sandy and Alex has his eye on someone." Rian said in a teasing voice.
"Oh and who is that?" I asked Alex.
"Her names Tay, but she has no idea who I am." he said sadly. I felt bad for him.
"Tay Jardine? Shes in my english class, maybe i could hook you guys up?" I offered. I was bad at making friends, but it was the least i could do. These guys included me right away and never questioned me about anything.
"Really? That would be awesome Jessie, Thanks!" Alex said smiling.

After school me and Jack walked back to my place.
"Sorry i should've told you we were walking, so you could get your mom to drop of your guitar instead of carrying it."
"No it's fine!" Jack reassured me. When we got to my house no one was home.
"We can just go upstairs to my room." I said leading the way. I Had unpacked all my things the night before so everything was set up.
"Nice room." he said. I went to the corner and grab my acoustic fender.
"So what can you play?" He asked.
"Hear you me by Jimmy eat world." It was the only full length song i had learned.
"Awesome! I know that song too wanna play it together?"
I placed my fingers and started strumming the first d chord. It was so cool to play with someone else. Jack was obviously a lot better than me, but it was still cool. I smiled and looked up at him "That was awesome!"
"Yeah, it was." He said smiling, then he leaned down and kissed me.