If We Stand for Nothing, We Fall for Anything

Yeah i got it!

Kissing Jack was exciting. I had only kissed one other guy in my life and it was horrible. I Had very limited guy experience since i wasn't the most liked person in New York. We had fallen back on my bed and i was sitting on top of him. His fingers were tangled in my hair and i ran my hands up his chest. We separated for a moment to breathe.
"Jess you're beautiful, you know that right?" he whispered. I blushed. Everyone used to call me a freak saying my style was ugly and strange, that no one would ever want me. Then there was Jack a guy who i was totally into wanting me back.
He pushed my dirty blonde hair out of my eyes. I smiled down at him.
"Jessica! We're home!" I heard my mom yell from downstairs. shit. I got off Jack and straightened myself up. I grabbed my guitar and motioned for Jack to do the same.
Just as my mom walked in I strummed a g chord.
"Like that?" I asked Jack hoping he would play along. It wasn't that i wasn't allowed boys in my room or anything, I just never have had one so i didn't know what to expect from my mother.
"Oh hello." My mom said looking surprised as she saw Jack.
"Hi! You must be Jessie's Mom, My names Jack." He got up shaking her hand. My mom looked very impressed.
"Nice to meet you Jack." She looked over at me "Jessie, you didn't tell me you had a friend coming over." she questioned.
"Oh sorry mom, Jack just offered to help me with guitar!" I said smiling.
"Well, i guess i'll leave you two alone then." She left the room making sure to keep the door wide open. When i knew she was gone i turned to Jack "Sorry about that."
"About what? Your mom seems nice." He smiled. "So Jess, would you want to go to a movie with me this weekend."
I looked at him startled. I never really thought of myself as the dating girl. Like getting ready and dressed up for a date just didnt seem like me. But i couldn't resist Jack.
"I'd love to, but just know I'm not getting all dressed up for this." I warned.
He laughed. "I didn't expect you too."
After Jack left, I went into the kitchen to get something to eat. Both my parents were sitting at the kitchen table.
"Jessica, come take a seat." My dad said patting the chair beside him.
"Jessie." I stated. After 5 years of everyone calling me Jessie, my parents still refused to call me it.
"Who was that boy here today?" He asked. Oh god, hes going to give me the talk or something now. Fuck.
"His names Jack and hes my friend." I said nonchalantly .
"Friend... okay well just know if you ever need-"
"Yeah Dad got it!" I yelled grabbing an apple and running back upstairs. Great dodged that bullet.
I grabbed my lap top off my desk and laid down on my bed. I opened up a new tab for tumblr. When i lived in New York, it was my only escape my only place i felt accepted, but here it felt like that was finally starting to change.