Status: Complete

From the Moment You First Ate That Worm

From The Moment You First Ate That Worm

"You're not tough enough!" the ten year old boy said, pointing an accusing finger at the girl in front of him.
"I am too!" the girl responded with a glare that seemed out of place on her eight year old face.
"Then prove it! Eat it!" the boy said, lifting his other hand that was currently in a fist. He opened his hand revealing a medium sized, slimey, squirming worm.
A look of disgust crossed the small girls face.
"Just admit it! You wont do it!" the young boy sneered. He knew it was mean to even try to make her do it but he was too annoyed to care. He was only supposed to hang out with her brother. So, once he saw her following behind him he, naturally, decided to make her go home. And when simply telling her to go away had failed, he'd resorted to bargaining. If she could prove she was tough enough then she could hang out with them. If she couldn't then she would go home. She had agreed.
"Come on Paul. Can't you just let Cassandra-" Cassian, Cassandra's brother, was cut off by Paul.
"No! We made a deal. She's not going to do it so she has to leave!" Paul turned to the young Cassandra before continuing. "Now why don't you just-" Paul didn't get to finish his sentence because at that moment a tiny hand shot out and grabbed the worm from Paul's hand.
Cassandra didn't even realize she had the worm in her hand until she had placed it in her mouth. And by the time her brain had registered that there was a slimey, wriggling worm in her mouth, she figured if she was this far she couldn't give up now. So, she swallowed the disgusting creature in her mouth without chewing.
The three children stood there dumbfounded, shocked that she had actually done it. Cassandra was the first to collect herself. "I-I told you I was tough enough!" her voice was shaky. Although she was happy she was able to prove Paul wrong by doing it, the more she thought about what she had just eaten, the sicker she felt. Her comment seemed to have shaken Paul out of his stupor.
"You actually ate it," he started with a whisper but his voice soon gained it's original volume. "That is so gross! Ugh! You actually did it! I can't believe it!"
"What do you mean you can't believe it? You told me to do it!"
"I didn't think you really would!" Paul defended.
"Well I did! So now I can hang out with you right? That's what you said!"
Paul started laughing. It was quiet at first, but soon it had him clutching his sides and gasping for air. Cassandra'a tiny hands were balled into fists. Her face was starting to turn red with embarassment and anger.
Soon, Paul's laughter subsided but his smile remained as he took in Cassandra's flustered appearence. He nodded his head. "Yeah. I did say that. You can hang out with us." Just like that Cassandra's entire demeanor changed. The redness receeded and a smile replaced the scowl that had previously adorned her face. Her hands had were no longer balled into fists at her side, but were instead clasped together infront of her chest.
Paul and Cassian started laughing as they watched Cassandra jump for joy. She soon stopped and the smile diasappeared. Her face took on a green hue.
"Cassy? Are you oka-" Cassian didn't get to finish his sentence as Cassandra ran past him and Paul, bent over, and spilled the contents of her stomache all over a poor, unsuspecting bush.
"Cassian?" Cassandra asked without turning around.
"Yeah?" He responded as he walked up to her.
"I think I want to go home."
---------------------
"You look beautiful Cassy."
Cassandra blinked. Her eyes zoned in on Emily standing behind her in the mirror she was currently standing in front of. Emily was smiling, her eyes misted with unshed tears. Cassandra flitted her eyes back to herself. She was wearing a an ivory sheath wedding dress with a one shoulder neckline. It was sleeveless with a side-draped, criss cross ebellishment and a watteau train. The entrie thing was made of chiffon.
Cassandra took in a deep breath. Her eyes met Emily's in the mirror again. "Thank you Emily." She smiled. Emily nodded.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah. I was just thinking about the first time I had met him." Cassandra let out a small laugh. Emily smiled in understanding.
"Come on. I have been charged with the duty of your hair." Cassandra laughed but followed Emily to the bathroom and sat in the chair that was placed in the middle of the room. Emily stood behind her and began to brush through her long brown hair. Kim enter a few seconds later and smiled.
"I'm here to work on you're makeup," Kim said while popping the 'p'. Cassandra smiled but was suddenly overcome by the urge to cry. She inhaled sharply. She knew she couldn't start now or she would never stop. So she closed her eyes and tried to focus on her breathing. Her mind, however, had different ideas.
--------------------
"I'm sorry! Cassandra!" Paul shouted as he chased after Cassandra as it began to rain. His 6'1 strides quickly overtook her 5'4 ones. He grabbed her arm and spun her around to face him. He was expecting to see tears. He was not expecting the glare that he saw. "Cassandra I-" he sighed. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you. Sam-" Cassandra didn't let him finish.
"That isn't what I'm angry about Paul! I don't care that you're a werewolf!" Paul was giving her a disbelieving look. "Fine! I do care about that. The fact that you can turn into a wolf is a little disconcerting. But that isn't why I'm angry." At this point Cassandra's voice was just above a whisper. "I'm upset about the last story. The imprinting one..." An image of the love that appeared in his eyes as Billy started the story of imprinting flashed thru her head.
Paul's confusion was clearly portrayed by his face. "What?"
"Who?"
"What are you talking about?"
"Who is it?! Who is the one you imprinted on? What's her name?!" Cassandra shouted near tears. Her emotions were all over the place but that was to be expected of a 16 year old girl. The rain was pouring now and both her and Paul were soaked.
Paul's confusion disolved and was replaced with understanding. "Cassandra." He smiled.
Cassandra mistook his smile for mocking. "Why are you smiling?! Why won't you tell me?" Her tears now mingling with the rain.
Paul's smile grew. "Cassandra."
"I want HER name not mi-" she froze. Her tears stopping in their tracks. She met his gaze. He was now grinning.
"Cassandra," he repeated her name one last time.
"M-me?" She was filled with complete joy as soon as Paul nodded his head, still grinning. She threw her arms around his neck. His arms instinctivly wrapped around her waist. She was now crying again but this time from happiness.
His chuckle broke her from her blissful thoughts. She frowned. "What's so funny?" She peeked up to look at him.
"You were jealous," he teased.
Cassandra could feel the blood rushing to her face as she duck her head into Paul's shoulder. "Shut up." She could feel Paul's laughter shaking his body.
"Come on. Let's get you inside before you get sick," Paul said as he led her towards her house.
--------------------------
"All done!" Cassandra opened her eyes and look into the mirror. She almost didn't recognize herself. Kim had done an amazing job. She had gone thick on the eyeliner to give Cassandra and almost smoldering look. She had put black eyeshadow on her lid and an off white eyeshadow right above that. It complimented her honey-brown eyes nicely. Her lips were a pale pink. She was thankful that Kim had taken into consideration her hate for all things makeup and had done nothing more than that. As for her hair... Emily had given her and elegant french twist while leaving a few strands of hair loose to frame her face. On the left side of her head, right behind her ear, Emily had placed the silver rose barrett that had belonged to Cassandra's mother.
"Thanks you guys! I love it!" Cassandra gave both of them hugs.
A cough by the door announced the presence of another person. "Are you ready to go?" Cassian asked looking at them. Emily and Kim excused themselves and left to find their seats. "You look beautiful."
Cassandra blushed and grabbed his arm. "Thank you Cas. For everything."
He smiled. "It's no problem. Besides, it's what dad would have wanted." Cassandra smiled at the mention of her father. They had been really close. She had been devastated when he had died. She was only 12. Paul was the one who had helped her through it the most. "Well, lets go."
Cassandra held onto Cassians arm tightly as they walked down the stairs and out the front of Sam and Emilys house and to Cassian's car. It was a short drive to the cliff. When they arrived Cassandra took a second to collect herself. Cassian smiled, knowing what she was going through. He stepped out of the car and went to her door but gave her a minute before opening it.
She took another couple of seconds to slow her breathing before tapping on the window. Cassian opened the door and helped her out. They walked over to where all of the chairs were set up and filled. She saw Paul standing by the preacher with his back to her. That didn't last long as the music started once Seth had seen her.
Everyone stood up and turned to look at her. But they vanished from her sight as her eyes met Paul's. All of her nerves disappeared as she saw the look of pure love and adoration on his face. Suddenly, she couldn't wait to reach him. The thought of running the rest of the way crossed her mind but Cassian's arm chased that thought away.
Once they reached Paul, Cassian gave her forehead a kiss then placed her hand in Paul's. As they stood in front of the preacher and listened to him give the introduction her mind wondered to when he had first proposed.
--------------------
Cassandra gasped. "Paul it's wonderful!" She was looking at basket of some light foods on top of a blanket set out on the sand. The sun was slowly sinking down towards the horizon.
Paul smiled. "Only for you."
Cassandra fought to keep the girly giggle from slipping out. She couldn't stop her heart from picking up speed though. And from the grin that Paul was giving her she was pretty sure he could hear it.
They sat on the blanket eating the food and talking about anything and everything.
"Do you want kids?" Paul asked after a moment of silence.
"Of course!" Cassandra smiled. "I've always wanted kids. You?"
"Without a doubt." Paul said looking at the sunset. Cassandra stared at him. He looked as if he should be older then 24. "We've been dating for 5 years now." He turned his gaze back to her.
"Yes. I know." She sighed happily.
Paul smiled back before his face became serious and he stood up. He offered his hand to her which she gladly accepted.
"Is there something wrong?" Cassandra asked as he lead her a few steps towards the waters edge. Paul turned back to her and before she knew what he was doing he was already down on one knee in front of her.
"Cassandra, I love you. I've loved you from the moment you first ate that worm." Cassandra blushed and he smiled. "I can't imagine a world without you. In fact, I don't even want to try. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to be with you in every possible meaning of the phrase. I want you to be mine just as much as I want to be yours. So please," he paused for a moment to reach into his pocket and retrieved a small box. "Cassandra, the love of my life, will you marry me and become Mrs. Lahote?" He opened the box to reveal a simple silver wedding band that contained intracate carvings.
Cassandra almost felt as if she couldn't breath anymore. Her heart was going three times faster then normal. She barely wasted a second before all but shouting yes. Paul took the ring out of its box and placed it on her finger. She couldn't stop herself from jumping into his arms and holding him. He placed a kiss on her head.
After standing in that position for a few minutes Paul suggested they head over to Sam and Emily's. Cassandra, not trusting herself to speak, only nodded her consent.
-------------------
Cassandra's attention was brought back, only to realize they had both already said their vows. She was very happy they had asked Seth to recored the ceremony. She would need to watch it again.
"Then, with the power vested to me by the state of Washington, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride," the preacher finished.
This would be their first kiss... Ever... It was one of the things she made sure to let Paul know when they had started dating. She told him that there was some things she wanted to keep to herself until she was married. Kissing was on that list. Along with 'the act of making babies.' Anyway, back to the fact that this was her first kiss ever.
Cassandra met Paul's eyes. He gave her a smile that made her heart work doubletime. Her eyes fluttered closed as their lips met. All thought of the people watching flew out the window. She slipped her arms around Paul's neck as their lips moved in unison. Cassandra couldn't seem to get herself close enough to Paul. Wolf whistles made her aware of the onlooking crowd once again.
She pulled back from Paul and peeked over at the crowd with a blazing face. The reactions she saw only made her face reder. Some were laughing, some were smiling, some were clapping, and some (Jared and Quil) were cheering for them to 'take it off.'
Paul took one of Cassandra's hands and turned her fully to face all if their friends and family. Cameras were flashing non-stop as they walked back down the isle, hand in hand, towards what would be the beginning of the first day of thr rest of their life together. Cassandra couldn't have been happier.
♠ ♠ ♠
The links are for the dress, makeup, hair, and the ring.

http://www.lightinthebox.com/Sheath--Column-One-Shoulder-Floor-length-Watteau-Train-Chiffon-Satin-Wedding-Dress_p174326.html

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=black+to+white+eye+makeup&um=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbnid=1neb3Q7sPSR_YM:&imgrefurl=http://www.futilitiesandmore.com/eyes/page/14/&docid=E4x-9tqQg2M1iM&imgurl=http://www.futilitiesandmore.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/BLACK-AND-WHITE-MAKEUP-CLOSE-UP-REDUIT.jpg&w=853&h=700&ei=eghJUIztL4fY2gWJyIEo&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=1&sig=109765287100146673380&page=1&tbnh=158&tbnw=194&start=0&ndsp=13&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:0,i:93&tx=71&ty=110&biw=1366&bih=511

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=pale+pink+lip&um=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbnid=FIw91UE0xFStOM:&imgrefurl=http://blush-berry.blogspot.com/2008/09/make-up-tutorial-classic-party-look.html&docid=GlZ0k7KgM8zuqM&imgurl=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_abbzxtOSOdg/SL1hQ6Sh5SI/AAAAAAAAAMI/1arJxHwjaBQ/s400/18_lips.jpg&w=400&h=266&ei=awlJUNWtCcXS2gWQuoDIDw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=403&vpy=216&dur=3035&hovh=183&hovw=275&tx=119&ty=166&sig=109765287100146673380&page=2&tbnh=119&tbnw=179&start=16&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:16,s:16,i:177&biw=1366&bih=511

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=french+twist&um=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbnid=9SmhuLGtZBKALM:&imgrefurl=http://www.ayushveda.com/magazine/how-to-do-a-french-twist-2/&docid=OifiAEvN8QNj6M&imgurl=http://www.ayushveda.com/magazine/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/frenchtwist.jpg&w=300&h=400&ei=8AtJUJTOL4f62AWcuoHoDw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=705&vpy=139&dur=4531&hovh=259&hovw=194&tx=85&ty=196&sig=109765287100146673380&page=1&tbnh=129&tbnw=95&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0,i:156&biw=1366&bih=511

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=simple+wedding+rings&um=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbnid=0usCGg3kODHkJM:&imgrefurl=http://applesofgold.com/jewelry/wedding-band-styles-and-designs/&docid=xE7uZ4NGm7oz1M&imgurl=http://applesofgold.com/jewelry/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/floral_wedding_bands.jpg&w=288&h=288&ei=_C9JUMy2EMHK2AXa0YGICw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=844&vpy=171&dur=2118&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=115&ty=119&sig=109765287100146673380&page=3&tbnh=145&tbnw=153&start=34&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:34,i:263&biw=1366&bih=511