I Swear I've Seen Your Face Before.

Chapter Five; Confusion.

My mom came in to the room, fussing about the way I looked like she did everyday. It was even more embarassing since Jack was sat right next to me. I had at least 25 minutes to get to school. I didn't realise, until Jack jumped up and looked paniced.

"ALEX! We've got to go otherwise we'll be late for school, and you sure as hell don't want to be late for school on your first day! Man, Mrs Green is awfully scary when she shouts!" Jack rushed to his feet.
"Now now, Jack. You do realise that I'm here, and I have a car? And don't go saying things like that. I don't want you scaring the poor boy on his first day." He mom said to him.
"Oh, heh. Yeah. I knew that. Phewwww." He said, looking embarrased but relieved at the same time.

I was nervous. Like, really nervous. I suddenly have a wave of nausea, and I could feel my breakfast coming back up. I stood up, and pretty much ran upstairs to the bathroom. I sat infront of the toilet, heaving up everything that I'd tried so hard to keep down.

I'm not sure what was wrong with me. I was never sick - unless I did it on purpose after eating - but especially not just because of a new place. I heard my mom knock on the other side of the door. I stood up, still not feeling so great. I placed my hand on the door handle, and just before I opened it I thought I was going to faint.

This was awful. My mom looked worried, so did Jack's mom.

"Oh, honey! Are you okay my little sweetie pie?"
"Yeah, I'm fine. Must just have been nerves or something." I had to lean on the edge of the door so my knees wouldn't give way.
"You don't look so good, Alex. Are you sure you're okay?"
"Yeah, Joyce. I'm okay. I just need a bit of fresh air. Would you mind taking me and Jack to school now? I know we'll be early, but I'd rather be early than late."
"Yeah, of course. Come on. I'm sure you'll love your first day!"
"Okay. You coming down mom?"
"Yes, darling. I am"

We walked downstairs, and Jack was stood at the bottom waiting for us. He told me I looked shocking. At least he was honest. I couldn't be honest. The reason? Because I don't know the fucking reason why I feel so shit right now.

Joyce told Jack we were going to school now. He groaned because he'd be early, but he wasn't too much of an ass about it. We all walked to the car and got in. My mom and Joyce in the front, me and Jack at the back. I wound my window down as far as it could, and everyone was complaining that they were cold. My mom gave me a look telling me we were gonna be talking when I got home later.

* * *
The car pulled to a stop and me and Jack got out, kissing our mom's goodbye. My mom got tearful, like usual. I still felt shocking. Jack noticed and lead me to the front of the huge building so we could sit down on the bench just before the doors, which I would be using in less than 10 minutes.

We had small talk, but Jack was mainly interested in his phone, and I was too lost in thought to be bothered. I was looking around the yard, when a girl caught my eye. I swear to God, I've seen her before. Her face is so distinctive, but her hair doesn't ring right to the face I have in my mind.

I must have caught her attention too, because I saw her and what I'm guessing were two of her friends. She stopped just infront of me and Jack. Her eyes looked a little red, as if she'd been crying. She looked at Jack with a sad smile.

"Hi, Jack." THAT VOICE. I swear to God. This is either a major coinsidence, but she looks and sounds a lot like my Tay.
"Hey, Tay." I heard Jack say. He sounded distant. WAIT. Did he just say Tay?! How could this be?!
"I know you donlt want to talk to me right now Jack, but I really hope we can be friends."
"Of course I want to talk to you Tay. It was you who split with me, because you messed up with your ex and you want him back. No biggie."
"Don't be sarcastic, please. Can't you tell I feel awful about the break up as it is?!" She had tears in her eyes.

She looked directly at me. She said the one thing that I was also thinking.
"I swear I've seen your face before." She said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter. Sorry for delay! I will update a little more frequently for the next 2 weeks because I have no college! Although, saying that I have shit loads of homework.

3000 word essay for English? 13 questions for Sociology? A twelve mark question for Psychology? Also something for ICT, but I cannot remember what. Oush.

Hope you enjoy this chapter. Took me 25 minutes to write, so I'm sorry if it's a bit crappy.

Comment? Subscribe? Wooo!

Lauren! Xx