I Swear I've Seen Your Face Before.

Chapter Six; "Well, I wasn't expecting that one."

This is really strange. I swear I'm missing something here. Alex was looking at (my) Tay with a knowing look. His head immediately dropped down when Tay said "I swear I've seen your face before." The question is how has she seen him before, when he's only just moved here? I am so confused.

Wait! Tay left somebody named Alex when she moved over here. Alex IS that guy. Tay left me for the guy sat next to me. Man, I feel bad now. Tay never should have done that to Alex, he didn't do anything wrong. No wonder he can't look her directly in the eye now, it probably pains him too.

"You have seen my face before, that's why." I heard Alex whisper in a sad tone. Recognition flashed on Tay's face then turned to guilt.
"Alex?" Tay whispered, her voice cracking. I knew she was on the verge of tears, her face gave it away.
"It's me, Tay." He replied, finally looking up at her, even if it was just for a split second.

I saw a single tear drop slip down his face as he asked the one question that he must have asked himself over and over again.
"Why?"

That one question was enough to push Tay over the edge. Her tears flowed like a waterfall and crashed to the ground.
"Because I got scared. I'm sorry Alex, it's just I don't let people get close to me. I'm scared that I'll get hurt. I.. I thought you didn't care. I never heard from you again. I th-thought you'd forgot about me."

Alex's head shot up when he heard the last few sentences.
"You thought I didn't care? Tay, I've been a mess since the day you left. Do you know how many times I tried to contact you? I went to your parents' house. They told me you left, but they wouldn't tell me where. I tried calling, texting.. You changed your number. In the end, I'd given up on everything. I gave up on trying to find you. I gave up on myself. Look at me, Tay. Do I look like I ever forgot you for even a second? Do I?" Tears were streaming down his face. He tried to stop them but he couldn't. He stood up, looked at Tay and said "I loved you." and ran off.

I didn't know where he'd gone, but I knew I needed to find him. First of all though, I needed to comfort Tay. She sat on the bench with her knees up near her chest. Her body shook as her sobs escaped. I moved closer to her, pulling her in for a cuddle. She didn't argue or protest, she just cried and cried. I whispered a few comforting words and her sobs had gotten quieter, almost to a stop.

She looked up at me with her red puffy eyes, and whispered "Jack, I'm sorry I hurt you. I feel awful. I really do regret leaving Alex. I didn't know he felt like that. He's never going to want me back. You're my best friend, Jacky. Please don't leave me. I don't want to lose you aswell."
"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. You wont lose me, I promise. Right now, I think you need some Cassadee loving. I need to go find Alex. If you need me, text me okay? Love you, Taytay."

She nodded her head, and I went to find Alex. I have no idea if he knew his way round or not, so I don't know where he could have got to. We still have just over half an hour to go before lesson starts. I knew he headed into the building next to the building we were sat outside of. It said "MUSIC" in big letter, maybe he's sat in one of the classrooms. He seems like one of those people who would go there.

So here I was, walking around the music block, looking in every single classroom... Only he was nowhere to be found. I was getting worried. He seemed pretty upset, and he doesn't really know his way around here. What if he decided to go home? I don't have his number so I can't call or text him.

Then that's when I heard it. A sad, melodic voice coming from in the main performance theatre. We held talent shows here every year, and the drama students put plays on whilst the music students held concerts etc. I pushed the huge, heavy doors opening to find... No-one. Right. Okay.

There was suddenly a loud thud on the top stage bit where the light managers stood to, well, use the light beams/spotlights for the performances. I climbed up the ladders, and saw a guitar thrown against the wall, and Alex who had his head in his hands. He didn't realise I was there, so I sat next to him and told him I came to check on him since lessons started in less than 10 minutes.

He looked up and turned towards my general direction. I saw a few stray tears leaving his puffy, red eyes and slipping gently down his cheek.

"I loved her, Jack. Why did she do this to me?" A small voice sounded from Alex's mouth, his voice cracking.

I wanted nothing but to put my arms around him and hug him until the pain had gone away. I shouldn't have ever got with Tay. Maybe she would have had more of a chance then. I swear, it's always my fault. I ruin everybody's relationships. I ruin everything and everyone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M SO SORRY FOR THIS MAJORLY LATE UPDATE. IT'S BEEN 16 DAYS, I'M SORRY! Seriously, I thought - "ooo i have 2 weeks off, I'll update my story" NOOOOO, MY STUPID COLLEGE TEACHERS DECIDED TO GIVE ME 82453 PIECES OF HOMEWORK. Ugh. I had to write a 3000 word essay, analyse 5 poems, complete an advert for a business, complete 13 sociology questions AND answer a 12 mark question.

BUTBUTBUT, PLEASE DON'T HATE ME! I HAVE FINALLY UPDATED AND I REALLY REALLY HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER!

YOU BETTER DO, I WAS CLOSE TO DROPPING OFF TO SLEEP BEFORE REMEMBERING I HADN'T POSTED THIS CHAPTER UP YET. I'm shattered, so I'm going to bed.

Feedback would be amazing, I love you guys! *Follow me on tumblr? www.dontpanic-andchokeonalifesaver.tumblr.com wooooo! :3

Lauren. :) xx