Status: New

A Man With Scissors for Hands

It's Never To Late

I was shaking with excitement. I was on my way to see my best friend. I have been counting the days. And finally, the number was zero. I squealed, as Devin came into view. He ran over to where I was, and pulled me into an embrace. He picked me up off the ground, and I bent my knees a little. I was holding back tears of joy at this point. "Dani!" He screamed. "Devin." I whispered, not being able to hold the tears back any longer. He placed me back on the ground, and pulled away.
"Why are you crying?" he asked, wiping my tears away.
I smiled. "I just...I missed you!" I replied.
He chuckled, and hugged me once more.
"Ugh! You have no idea how long I've waited for this." I stated.
He smiled. "I've been counting down the days darling."
I blushed. "Me too!" I giggled. We walked back to my car, and he got in the passenger side. I couldn't stop smiling. This was perfect. I've been waiting for this moment, for what feels like forever.
"So tell me about tour!" I demanded.
He chuckled. "It's cool. I mean, it can be hard at times, but I'm living my dream. I wouldn't change a thing about touring. Well, except I wish you could come. But you have tattooing and stuff."
I giggled. "What?" He asked. I shook my head. "I haven't been doing anything lately. Megan moved, and my 'career' went down hill. It kinda makes me feel like I was just an accessory for her." I mentioned.
"Well, lets not talk about that. We're going to have fun while we can. Okay?"
I smiled and nodded. I parked the car, and grabbed my water bottle before walking to the front door, behind Devin. He walked in, and gave both my parents a hug. It had always concerned me why he was so friendly with my parents. They hated us hanging out all the time in high school. He was a "Bad Influence" on me. I walked to the kitchen, and threw my empty bottle in the trash. I heard Devin walk behind me.
"So, tomorrow I meet the band. We have time to kill. What should we do?" I asked.
He smiled. "Hmm. Is the circus going on still?" He asked.
I nodded. "Give me a second to get dressed?" I looked horrible. But I could care less. I was too tied up in my excitement. He chuckled, and I ran up the stairs. I quickly got dressed, and touched up my make up. Once I was finished, I grabbed my black hoodie from my closet, and skipped back down the stairs.
"Sorry it took me a minute." I said.
He shook his head. "Shut up. Your fine, okay. Now come on. Lets go." He grabbed my hand, and pulled me out the door. I giggled, and closed the door behind myself.
"Can we walk?" I asked. "It's not that far."
He nodded, and we began to walk down the street.
"So, what have you been doing lately? Other than holding back you homicidal tendencies?" He asked. I smiled.
"I've been doing some sketches. Uhm, Stalking your band." I giggled. "Yep. That's it really. You?"
He chuckled. "Touring. I miss home. I miss being able to walk into your house, and scream at you to wake up. I miss being looked at like we're the devil reincarnated." He stated.
I smiled, and the circus light came into view. They always reminded me of the time Devin and I got kicked off of the premises, because we wouldn't stop yelling at random people. Best times ever.
"Hey, do you remember, in 8th grade i think it was, when we skipped school so we could go to the circus?" I asked.
He smiled his perfect smile. "How could I forget?! That was one of the best times we've ever had. Screaming at people, and then getting detention. Best day ever." He answered.
I sighed, and we approached the entrance. We paid for our admission bracelets, and walked to one of the concession stands. We bought a frozen lemonade, while walking around, listening to the shitty music.
"We should request a song or something." I suggested.
He nodded, and we headed in the direction of the DJ. There was a clip board and a pen next to him.
"Is this where we can request songs?" I asked.
He nodded, and handed me the clip board. Devin took it out of my hands, along with the pen, and scribbled something on it.
"Play it next, please?" He asked. The DJ nodded, and we walked away.
"What did you request?" I asked, curious.
He smiled. "You'll have to wait an see!"
I sighed loudly. "Why!?" I pouted.
He chuckled. "Come on. You'll be fine. I know you'll love it anyways." He grabbed my hand, and drug me into the craft tent. Every year we came to the circus, we always bought something from a guy named Cody. He made his own version of band tee shirts. They're what we look forward to. We scanned through the many designs. Although I was paying more attention to the music, rather than the shirts. The current song, I believe was by Drake, had now ended, and a new one began. I stopped looking and tried to identify the song. I hit him on the arm when I realized that it was 'Break' by Three Days Grace. It was our favorite song in Middle School. I turned my focus over to the shirts, and settled on an A Day To Remember tee. We walked around a while longer, and then headed home. I found it fascinating how much you can miss someone. And how long you can remember the little stupid things. It was just perfect. Everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Didn't spell check. ._. Dani's Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/we_can_live_like_jack/set?id=58198929