God of the Dreams

Javin

He was falling. Why was he falling? It shouldn’t be like this, he thought. He should wake up. He must be, he had to be dreaming. The red ground grew closer and clearer.
Javin breathed in, accepting his fate. He closed his eyes, bracing for impact. Then he felt it. The surge of undeniable power. His eyes opened, emitting beams of green light. Gone was weak Javin. And in his place was a god. The God of Dreams.
He’d been the God before. A lonely god at first, but who could be lonely if you could create the friend of your dreams? There were none like him. He had found the god within before when he found that he couldn’t wake up when falling. He found that he became caught in dreams and could control them. He had always been able to call on his power at any time when he entered. He was back and he was ready to rule.
He landed on the ground with a thud. Red dust hovered in the air before settling around him.
“Be,” said Javin, pointing. A door appeared in the air. An opportunity. From here he could escape into the real world; the dark sad world, which the subconscious mind flees from at night, and which the conscious mind longs for during the night.
Javin gestured at the door, it opened and he escaped.