God of the Dreams

Ann

Ann was wandering around in a world of happiness. She was living in her perfect world with all of her friends. It was odd. She could hardly remember what she had just done; the whole world seemed too surreal. The air smelled of lilacs and flowers and she was loved by everybody around her. She was certain she could do nothing wrong in their eyes. The warm sun fell on her back. She was in the perfect place. How could she have ever been sad?
Suddenly a crack of thunder roared and dark clouds began to form. Ann turned to her best friend, James. He was such a nice boy, so kind and polite.
“James!” she said, “James what’s happening?”
James turned his head to face her. As he did so he seemed to shimmer. His clothes became bright colors and his face was covered in makeup, white makeup, with a face painted on, a face like a clown’s.
James laughed “What do you mean what’s happened?” he asked with a grin.
Ann screamed. She was terrified to death of clowns. She hadn’t been able to sleep for weeks, all those years ago after going to the carnival. She had to take pills to sleep for months after.
“What’s the matter Ann? Is it my face that scares you? Well don’t worry I’m not James; I’m your greatest fear. And you have to be with me in your worst reality,” said the clown.
The ground around them began to morph, leaving a five foot circle around of grass them. The rest of the world slipped into a red hot magma. The circle that they stood on began to fall. Faster and faster they fell, plummeting towards a rising sphere of magma. The clown version of James skidded towards the edge, laughing.
“He is coming, coming for you!” he spat in between bursts of laughter. He pulled himself upright flinging his arms out. “He has found me and I am still faithful! Praise his name,” he said as a gust of wind caught him and he plummeted faster towards the magma.
Ann screamed. The magma was so close now. She could feel the heat of it on her skin, searing. The sphere of magma morphed shapes and began to look like a face, James’s face.
Suddenly the motion stopped and the world froze. Out of the magma clown’s mouth stepped Javin. He hovered in the air seeming to draw all heat from the world. He settled down next to Ann.
“Do you remember me?” he asked
“Ye-yy-yes,” she stammered, “you’re J-Javin. You go to my school. W-what are you doing here?”
“That’s right, I’m Javin, I’m not just Javin I am so much more now. But I have a question for you.”
“What is it?”
“Do you remember all those years ago when you couldn’t sleep? Remember the dreams? I haven't forgotten. I haven’t forgotten what scares you the most,“ he said with a laugh. His hands glowed and the world went black.
Ann awoke in a room, a large room, filled with people in brightly colored clothing. She looked at their feet. They were all wearing over-sized shoes. She looked up and saw that they were all clowns. There were 20 of them. No 50. She screamed as they began to laugh.