‹ Prequel: Disaster Reformed

Liars Revived

Chapter Two

“Why are you following me?” Celestica’s voice rang out, loud and clear as she turned to stare at Itachi. “If your intention was to attack me, you’d already have done so. So what could you possibly want from me?”

The Akatsuki cloak covered Itachi’s mouth, only revealing his eyes, which had the Sharingan activated. His voice, emotionless, came clear, “You know too much. From what I know, I’ve never met you, yet you know my sister, about my job to destroy the Uchiha clan. Who are you?”

“Itachi,” Celestica said, turning to face him, “you do know me. You just don’t remember, and, being you, you should remember me. I’m shocked. The details you take in, the things you study daily, and yet you don’t remember the blonde little girl who followed you, Sasuke and Ravine around?”

Itachi’s eyes seemed to sharpen, the movement so small that only someone focusing intensely on them would notice. “What are you talking about?”

“You truly don’t remember me?” Pulling her hood back away from her face, she fixed him with a glare as her arms crossed over her chest. “You do not remember the child that watched you from corners, and always seemed to be near Ravine’s hideout? How do you not remember me!”

Furrowing his eyebrows, Itachi’s eyes seemed to stare right through her, and recognition appeared on his face for an instant. It disappeared so fast that Celestica would have thought to imagine it if she didn’t know Itachi so well.

“Oh, so now you recognize me? Okay, now that we’re on the same--”

“Why aren’t you dead?” Itachi interrupted, assessing her reaction.

Annoyed at being interrupted, but also both wanting and not wanting to explain why she was alive, Celestica stared at him blankly. “Why do you want to know?”

“Stop stalling and tell me,” he demanded, a hint of annoyance seeping into his voice. Aha! So he wasn’t as emotionless as she thought.

“Fine.” Not entirely wanting to see his reaction, she pulled the hood of her cloak up to cover her eyes, shielding them in darkness. “I was not of the Uchiha clan, yet I was around a lot. I followed you around, watching your movements, wondering what you were up to. Occasionally, you would catch me sneaking around the village, normally around where Ravine was hidden.

“It was no mistake when I caught onto the orders of the Elders. They wanted you to kill your clan. I knew that relaying this information to Ravine was going to be hard, but I did it. Although, she didn’t seem to mind that much; she hated the clan with every fiber of her being. But you already know this, so moving on.

“After I told her when you were doing it, she got scared. I knew you were already going to beg for Sasuke’s life, but to beg for hers too when barely anyone knew about her? It wouldn’t settle with the Hokage. And so, on the day that you were killing everyone, I snuck her out.” Narrowing her red eyes, she glared at the ground.

“I waited with her until you came, and then I hid. You were shocked that she was alive, yet also happy. You wouldn’t want your precious sister to go to waste, now would you?” A bitter laugh escaped her throat. “Unfortunately, it’s too late for that.”

“What are you talking about?”

Turning her back to him as a stray tear left her eye to trail down her cheek, her voice came out wavering. “Your sister…,” she started, but then stopped.

“Where is she now?”

Should she really tell him, here and now, after he just got revived? A strong gust of wind appeared suddenly, throwing the hood off of her head without her consent. “Your sister… after hearing about your death, joined the Akatsuki.”

The silence proved to be too much after her statement. But she refused to turn around to see his reaction. It would only kill her beating heart.

______________

“You have got to be kidding me.” A scowl came onto Suki’s face as she walked into the hideout, her eyes immediately finding Sasuke lounging in a chair.

At hearing her voice, Sasuke glanced up, no expression on his face as he said, “Oh would you look at who it is.”

Moving forward, mission clear on her face, she found herself stopped as Kisame placed a heavy hand on her shoulder, stopping her. “Kisame,” she hissed, “what are you doing?”

“He is a valuable member of the Akatsuki. If you try and kill him, Tobi will come after you. You’ll be dead in an instant,” he said, voice low enough for her ears only.

“As long as he dies, I could care less about my life.” Refusing to be held back, she moved forward, coming to a stop when she was directly in front of Sasuke. “I can’t believe you.”

Pein walked through a door then, stopping to narrow his eyes on her.

“I guess you heard about our dear brother, Itachi?” Sasuke spoke, leaning forward until their faces were a few inches apart.

“Don’t you dare talk about Itachi, you piece of shit. I’ve come to avenge his death, and the sooner I do it, the sooner he can rest in peace,” Suki growled, fingers twitching, itching to wrap themselves around his neck and squeeze.

“Oh, don’t worry about that. There’s no need now. You see, I’m going to avenge his death,” he clarified, using a hand to shove her backward so he could stand.

Excuse me? How can you avenge his death when you’re the one who killed him?” she snarled, anger radiating off of her.

“Alright,” Pein said, stepping forward, “who are you?”

Glancing at the man who spoke, Suki simply spoke her name and then glanced back at Sasuke.

“I may have killed him, but that was before I learned the truth. I will kill the Elders, and destroy the Hidden Leaf to avenge his death.”

Without warning, Suki’s hand came up, connecting with Sasuke’s cheek and throwing his head to the side. “You’re an idiot,” she spat before walking away.

______________

“Why would she do such an idiotic thing?” Itachi spoke, his voice cutting through the silence like a knife.

“She wants revenge against Sasuke for killing you,” she answered softly. “And Sasuke is going to destroy the Hidden Leaf village to get revenge.”

“My siblings are making foolish decisions.”

“Maybe…,” Celestica said, “if we work together to find them and show them that you’re alive, then maybe they won’t want revenge. Maybe everyone will be at peace…”

“There is no way for anyone to be at peace. Sasuke and Suki have now betrayed their village, and are rogue ninja. Unless Naruto changes the villages’ minds, they are now sentenced to death.”

Her breath hitched, fear making her silent for a second. “Well, Itachi… if we can work together fast enough, we can stop all of this. What do you say?” Turning around, she gauged his reaction. “Teammates?”

“Teammates.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wooooooo! Second chapter.