‹ Prequel: Disaster Reformed

Liars Revived

Chapter Four

Sasuke stared at his brother. Itachi stared back. “I-I thought you were dead,” Sasuke stated, still in shock.

Itachi glanced down at one of his hands, then back up at Sasuke, replying with, “I was revived.”

“You never actually died,” Celestica muttered under her breath. When Itachi glanced at her, she realized she’d spoken louder than she thought. “What?”

“What do you mean, he never died?” Sasuke walked closer, staring at her with annoyance.

“Oh Sasuke,” she replied. “You’re so naïve. You’ve got so much to learn.”

“Get on with an explanation before I kill you.” Every word dripped with venom. His fuse was very short, Celestica noted.

She sighed and stood up next to Itachi. “I found him not too long after you ‘killed’ Itachi. His heart was about to stop, his body getting cold. Luckily,” she said, rubbing one of her arms, “I was able to heal him completely. And then I disappeared before he woke up. But he found me.”

Turning away, she stared up at the sky. “I attacked, hoping maybe he’d leave me alone, hoping that he’d go back to the Akatsuki. But no. He found out who I was. And now we’re teamed up together.”

“You saved my brother? Why?”

__________

As she turned around to face him, he got a good look at her face. He stared at her, watching her every movement. So he didn’t miss when she glanced over at Itachi. It was very subtle. Yet at the same time, it seemed that even Itachi noticed. But then, Itachi was always one for noticing things.

Her eyes moved to Sasuke. They stared straight through him, never blinking. It seemed that she was thinking of an answer. She didn’t want to reveal the real reason. Why? he wondered. What is it that she doesn’t want him to know?

“I-I don’t know. I just acted. I-I knew your sister, and I followed Itachi around, so maybe… maybe I thought that he’d accept me. I… don’t know.”

At the last moment, she’d averted her eyes. She knew that he knew it wasn’t the truth.

“What’s the real reason, Celestica?” Itachi suddenly asked. His eyes stared right at her and she seemed to be uncomfortable under his intense gaze.

Grinding her teeth against each other, she threw out an arm, glancing from Sasuke to Itachi as she snarled out, “I didn’t come here for an interrogation! My reasoning for saving you doesn’t matter. Why should it? You’re alive! You found your brother and you were able to show him that you’re alive. I don’t even matter anymore!”

Her eyes were ablaze, anger seeping off of every word she spoke. Itachi seemed shocked at the sudden outburst. And suddenly, Sasuke understood. Her feeble reasoning, the way she seemed to want to run away, the sudden outburst; she loved Itachi.

Raising his hand to the side of his head, he ran his fingers through his hair, a small smirk appearing on his lips. “I understand now.” A warm feeling came over him at that moment. What is this? Glancing at the two before him, he realized a moment after that it was jealousy. He was jealous that Itachi had someone who cared for him that much.

Although Sakura and Naruto had and would have done the same for him, this girl was different somehow. She had just teamed up with Itachi and didn’t want him just for his looks; she actually loved him.

This girl would die for his brother.

“You understand what?” Celestica ground out. She knew. And by the way she looked at him, it was as if she was pleading for him to stay quiet.

Shaking his head, he turned away. “C’mon guys. Let’s go.”

__________

Sasuke, despite being a cold bastard, you truly do have a heart. Thank you. Glancing over at Itachi, she saw the expression he wore. “Don’t give me that look.”

They’d been traveling together for three days now. Three days. And they’d rarely spoken to each other, seem to have an understanding. She knew Itachi inside and out from just observing him. And those three days made her realize how truly empty she’d been before coming across him once again.

The whole time she’d been alone, traveling around, her heart had been cold. Something had been missing. Guys hit on her everywhere she’d gone, so she’d put on her mother’s cloak, hiding her identity. She never understood why she was so prone to guys.

One day, an unknown force had pulled her to Itachi. His body had killed her. When she figured out that he was barely breathing, she went to work. She’d have to do everything in her power to revive him. But it was okay as long as he didn’t die.

But when she’d been healing him, his heart had given out. It had stopped beating completely. Her heart had shattered, and she held him in her arms, tears trailing down her cheeks.

She’d realized then why she was so empty, so broken. Love was missing. Itachi was missing. His voice, his skills, his caring heart. Everything about him had had her dying inside when he’d left.

As she held him, cried over his death, a miracle happened. A small thumping noise came to her ears. His heart revived itself. Happy tears had then poured from her eyes. Taking his body into her arms, she realized she’d have to hide him. She couldn’t let the Akatsuki get ahold of him once again. No way.

So she’d placed him a few miles away from where he’d died, and she disappeared, only to find him again when he was alive. Seeing him again, alive and well, she’d almost lost it. Attacking him when she’d just revived him had been tough. It’d almost made her go insane.

But that was the past. This is the future. And no matter what, she’d make it a future to remember. A future with the one she’d waited for this long.

“We should go,” Itachi suddenly said. His voice broke the silence, startling her.

“R-Right. Which way?”

“We need to head for the Akatsuki hideout. If Suki joined, then that’s where she’ll be, unless they sent her on some special mission.” Anger layered the undertone of his voice. He was pissed that Madara had gotten his hands on his sister. How could he let this happen?

Celestica stared at Itachi, saw how angry he was. She didn’t think, just reacted. Moving forward, she reached up, wrapping arms around Itachi’s neck.

His body stilled, going completely rigid in her arms. He wasn’t used to hugs, wasn’t used to any form of comfort.

“Don’t worry, Itachi,” she whispered. “We will rescue your sister no matter what. I promise this with my life.”

__________

Inside, she was seething. Why? Itachi was ignoring her. Ignoring her. He was walking in front of her, so she had the opportunity to send daggers at his back. She knew he felt her stares, but he gave no sign.

He’d pushed her away. And then he’d just…walked away. Like nothing happened! She rarely gave hugs. To anyone. That had been the first hug she’d given in four years and he rejected her.

She noticed with a sigh that they were coming up to a village. Luckily, Itachi wasn’t wearing the Akatsuki cloak; he’d discarded that a while back and was wearing an all black one. But this just meant she’d have to hide herself again. What a nuisance. Yet she didn’t want to.

When they got to the entrance of the village, she stopped and stared. Once Itachi turned to her, she said, “You go on ahead. I’m just going to… wait here.” His eyes narrowed but he said nothing, and instead went on ahead.

She leaned against the gates of the village and stared up at the sky, waiting for his return. A few minutes went by, the sound of approaching people reaching her ears. She knew, though, that it wasn’t Itachi so she didn’t bother looking.

“Well, look at what we have here.”

Annoyance immediately flared through her. This is exactly what she’d been trying to avoid. Maybe if she ignored them, they’d go away.

“What beautiful long hair she has.” One of the men reached out and curled his fingers around a lock of her blonde hair, tugging on it. Her hands fisted and she turned her eyes to glare at the two before her.

One of the guys looked to be around forty. His hair was graying slightly, eyes crinkled at the ends. He was a little chubby with short legs and a slightly rounded stomach. The other one was in his early thirties with black hair and sharp blue eyes. He was skinnier than the other one and had a lanky looking body.

Oh God, Celestica thought, pedophiles. Knocking the older one’s hand away, she snapped, “Do you mind?”

“No, we don’t mind, now do we, Nikeo?” asked the younger one.

“Not at all, Miche.”

Their smiles were sinister, full of promises and regrets.

Jumping away from the two, she bared her teeth. If I had just went with Itachi, this wouldn’t be happening.

“Get her,” Miche snarled.

Shit…

__________

Walking through the village, Itachi sighed with annoyance. His current mission was failing. He’d come to this village purposely to gather Intel on the Akatsuki. But no one knew anything, and if they did, they refused to release the information.

A sudden wind blew through the village, ending once it hit him. Itachi glanced toward the entrance of the village, a bad feeling coming over him.

The voice of an older man came through the village: “Get her.”

Itachi glanced around, curious as to if anyone else had heard it. But everyone continued on with their business. So it was a message for only his ears? Hmm…

__________

Sucking in a large breath, Miche puffed up his cheeks and let it out. The air hit Celestica like a thousand needles, some of it even scraping her skin.

Grabbing a kunai from inside of her cloak, she threw it at the guy, only to have it blown away. So she tried another tactic. Running forward, she dropped to the ground, sliding with a leg out, meaning to trip him. But he disappeared. What?

Nikeo appeared behind her and grabbed her arms, securing them behind her back. Miche came up in front of her and pressed a kunai against her throat. “Now, you’re going to do everything we tell you. Understand?”

“Fuck you,” she snarled, earning a slap. Her head whipped to the side and she spat blood out of her mouth. “I’ll never do what you say, you hear me?”

His fist then connected with the side of her jaw. But that didn’t stop her. There was absolutely no way she was giving in. She turned to stare the man in his eyes, blood running down the side of her mouth. He kept raining blows on her. Every blow made her feel sick to her stomach. She wanted to fight back, but she couldn’t.

“What are you going to do to stop us?” he yelled. “Huh? You can’t do anything! You’re completely defenseless!”

“Get away from me, asshole. You’re nothing but a sick, worthless pedophile!” she snapped, bringing her head forward to clamp teeth onto his arm.

“Ow!” he yelped, bringing his fist back to hit the side of her head. Still, she didn’t let go. He brought his fist back again, only to have it grabbed.

Itachi.

“Take your hands off of her,” Itachi spoke in that emotionless tone of his. His eyes, though, revealed the hatred he felt for the two men.

The one behind her released her arms immediately, stumbling backward. Celestica fell forward, teeth releasing, hands coming forward to stop her fall.

Itachi grabbed the one before her and threw him. He scrambled to his feet, apologizing.

“I-I’m sorry. We didn’t know that she was yours. W-We were just playing around, you know? We wouldn’t have really done anything.”

Slowly, Celestica brought her head up. Forcing open her right eye, she glared at the man who’d spoken. “You’re… a liar,” she ground out as she shakily brought herself to her feet. “A good for nothing liar.”

Itachi searched her face with his eyes, taking in every injury she had. Every injury he found only pissed him off more. Why did she insist on staying behind? Why did he let her?

Stumbling forward, she walked toward Miche until she was a foot away. Bringing an arm back, she shot it forward, connecting the palm of her hand with his cheek. Satisfaction poured into her at the crack she heard, at the way his head snapped to the side, blood shooting from his mouth.

The man wanted to retaliate. You could tell by his stance. But he refused. He was deathly afraid of Itachi. And she thanked him for that. He gave her the advantage she needed. However… Her legs gave out, her eyes closed, and she felt the ground coming closer, but arms wrapped around her before she hit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yaaaay. Fourth chapter. Three subscribers. I feel pretty awesome. c: