‹ Prequel: Disaster Reformed

Liars Revived

Chapter Six

Kisame didn't have to feign his look of surprise. It was something that came easily after hearing Suki's words. "This girl, she died?"

"Yes. I watched, subdued behind a tree, as she was mindlessly slaughtered by assassins. They hadn't thought twice before using their strongest jutsus on her. I had thought, at the time, that they were being unfair, horribly cruel. But Celestica has her own secrets."

"What kind of secrets?" Kisame could not hide his interest, but unfortunately, Suki had to make it go away.

"I am afraid that it is not my secret to tell," she echoed, repeating his earlier words.

__________


"So do you know where your sister is?" What a stupid question that was. Of course he knew where his sister was. She's at the hideout. "What I mean to say is do you know where the hideout is? Also, how's your wound?" She couldn't believe that she had almost forgotten about that! "Do you need me to heal it?"

"You ask too many questions," was all he said.

"They're very reasonable questions!" Celestica snapped, finding herself annoyed. Or, as Itachi puts it, perpetually annoyed. Ugh! He was so damn ungrateful. All because he wanted to be killed by his own brother. What person does that? He should be happy that he can see Sasuke again, without him hating him! Even if he killed his own family, at least he still has Suki and Sasuke. Celestica was sure that Suki was extremely depressed and rageful after she found out Itachi was dead. He would rather depress his sister, who means more than the world to him, than be alive? Now that's selfish.

"Yes, I know where my sister is. No, I do not need to be healed. Now be quiet."

"I will not be treated this way, Itachi. You should be grateful. Your sister will be able to live happily, with knowing that you're alive, rather than depressed and angry, as she has become!" The sharp gaze he sent over his shoulder made her officially shut up. After a few profanities were thrown out of her mouth.

__________


Sasuke was back. He looked different, as if something had happened on his mission that scarred him. Perhaps there was something. Suki almost found herself wanting to comfort him, only to remember that he had killed Itachi. That fueled her anger back up. "Sasuke, let's go outside, shall we?" Considering we can't fight in here...

"Do you ever shut up?" The stare that pierced her forced the anger down, extinguishing it without a second thought. If stares had thoughts, that is.

Suki cocked her head to the side, confused at his sudden outburst. What had happened to the overly cocky guy from earlier this week? He had disappeared within a single mission. How uncomforting. "Sasuke," she said, unable to hide the concern touching her voice, "what's wrong? What has happened?"

"Oh, now you're concerned, dear sister?" His tone was sarcastic. It infuriated Suki once again.

"You know what, Sasuke? No, I'm not. Go rot in Hell." She stormed off, only to be stopped by --guess who!-- Madara.

"I assume you have had a chance to calm yourself?"

"Calm myself? Please. Madara, don't make such dreadful jokes at a time like this, they aren't funny." Suki looked around. "This place is so awful, how could anyone have a chance at calming themselves?"

He ignored her outburst. "I have another mission for you."

"Oh yeah?" Suki crossed her arms over her chest, a defiant look coming across her face. "Are you going to stop me in the middle of this mission, as well, or are you going to allow me to complete it? I did not appreciate what you did last time, Madara."

"My apologies. No, I will not stop you from this mission. This is one you have to complete, or else."

__________


As much as he hated to admit it, Sasuke was curious about this mission Madara was putting his sister on. What would it entail and why? Madara knew that he was eavesdropping, but he made no move to stop him. He wanted him to hear about this mission, however the question was why?

"You are to assassinate a certain ... someone."

"Who?"

Yeah, who?

"Celestica. I'm sure the name sparks some old memories, now doesn't it?" By Suki's shocked look, Sasuke knew that he was right. Even Sasuke was surprised. He wanted her to kill the woman who..loved his brother? What a cruel fate.

"Why?" Suki was able to gasp out.

"She is a nuisance to the Akatsuki. She is on her way here to find you, and once she finds the hideout, we will have to kill her to begin with."

"Isn't there another way? Why would you kill an innocent person?" Suki said through grit teeth.

"Now, Ravine you and I both know that Celestica isn't as innocent as you want to believe. She has done her fair share of crimes, murder being one of them."

"You know my real name."

"I know a lot of things. Now, either you do this mission, or you and Celestica will both be killed."