Status: In progress (don't expect much though)

What Makes Me So Special?

Chapter One

Noah and I sat together in a corner of the joint cast dressing room removing our make up from our matinee performance of the school musical, we both had gotten lead roles with songs and everything. We were proud of ourselves so were our parents but nobody else was. You would think that being the stars of the show would make us popular but it didn't. At our school it had the opposite effect.

I was a nerd, I had glasses and only one true friend, Noah, I was topping the year for English, Science and Maths and Noah wasn't too far behind. For as long as I can remember I had been and outsider, never knowing what it was like to be on the inside. I never knew how it felt to be part of the 'in' crowd. Noah was the same and one day we just found each other and haven't looked back since.

I pulled my brightly dyed red hair into a pony tail, if I was already outcast why not dye my hair bright red? I slid my black framed glasses onto my face and smiled as I could see again. Noah was combing his dirty blond hair that matched his blue eyes perfectly. "Photo time, Aubri!" he said with a smile that showed off his braces. We both stood side by side while he snapped a picture of us with his phone.

Noah slid his phone back into his pocket after snapping a few silly pics of us pulling faces. I loved this about our friendship, we could totally be ourselves around eachother. There was no need to fake anything, there was no fake laughs, no fake smiles and no faking interest. That was the way we were, we were real unlike my other few girlfriends. Well they weren't really friends more like aqantiences.

"So you gettin' picked up or are you bussing it today?"

Noah smiled at me. His teeth were straighening behind his braces but they were still slightly crooked.

"No, I'm catching the bus like the sad loveless child I am,"

He laughed, "Well I'll see you tomorrow, babe, cause mum's waiting."

I nodded, "Bye bub."

He waved and left the room leaving me to pack up my stuff by myself. I checked the time on my phone. 3:15 shit! I had five minutes to get from the back of the school all the way to the front and I still had to pack up all my costumes ready for the night time performance tomorrow!

I bolted down the stairs to the back of the hall, this is where we actually got changed. It was a narrow almost hallway but it was right next to the stage so it was pretty much perfect. During the performance I never actually had time to hang up my cotumes. I just threw them onto the floor under my assigned section of the clothes rack. I picked up the multiple coloured dresses scattered across the floor and found a coat hanger for each of them. I quickly threw them on the rack in their correct order and then lined up my shoes. I really think I deserve a metal for learning how to dance in 8 inch high heels.

I heard the shrill ringing of the school bell signaling the end of the day. I grabbed my school bag and made my way to the bus lines. I got a couple of smiles from some of the other cast members on the way which kinda made me feel like I really was apart of someting much, much bigger than myself. All of us involved in the musical were a family, right from the main parts all the way down to the kids in year seven who only got to dance and sing. We all shared this bond that would never brake and that was one the things I loved about being a performer.

A line was already forming for my bus so I quickly joined it. I rummaged through my bag for my bus pass, after a few seconds of desperate search I reteived the red plastic card. I looked up and noticed a small group of girls in the year above me sneering and laughing at me. They had perfect blond hair and nice skin, their bags were designer and their uniforms fitted them perfectly. I looked down at what I was wearing ; a beat up pair of blue converse shoes, black ripped skinny jeans and my musical tee-shirt as we had performed that day I wasn't required to wear my uniform. I suddenly felt inadequate, not good enough for anybody. I was the type of girl who pretened nothing bothered me and l didn't care what others thought but really I did.

The bus pulled up and I brushed the feeling off. I stepped on the bus showing my pass to the grumpy old man driver. I took a seat in my normal spot, not the back but not the very front. I looked up at the large group of people making their way onto the bus, wondering who I was gonna get stuck with. I prayed that nobody would sit next to me and that's when I saw him. His name was, Mayson, he was a football player but football wasn't all he played. He usally had a different girl on is arm every week, leaving hundreds of broken hearted girls in his wake. But he hadn't been with anybody recently which was totally out of character. He had peircing blue eyes and short cropped brown hair, he made all the girls swoon.

I always thought they were stupid though. I mean why would you do that to yourself? Let yourself fall for him when you know you're gonna get dumped a week's time? But if that's how I felt, how do you explain the butterflies I felt when his eyes met mine.

I found myself sitting up straighter and I gave him a slight smile which he returned. Did he really just smile at me? Why should I care? I refuse to let myself fall for the school player. And if the fact that he was a player wasn't enough he was also two whole years older than me. I felt almost dissapointed when he walked straight past me to take his usual seat at the back with his friend. I sighed and smaked my forehead with my palm. No Aubri, NO!
♠ ♠ ♠
please tell me what you think and if you would like some more, please ask? xx