Status: Re uploading because only good story I've ever written even though I screwed up the ending.

Last Train Home

Chapter 11

Sean's eyes flicked open to find Ian stood beside the bed, fully dressed, with his hand pressed lightly over Sean's mouth. He motioned with his hand for the blonde man to climb out of bed, so he did. The expression on Ian's face was terrifying, something must be really wrong. Ian silently picked up Sean's clothes and passed them to him, then moved over to his wardrobe and opened the doors slowly, removing two guns and grabbing some ammunition.

He loaded the guns, his face now calm yet serious, and made his way back over to Sean. He kissed the top of the man's head, then pressed the gun into his palm. "Someone's managed to break in." He whispered, taking Sean in his arms. "I heard gun shots before, we need to stay quiet." Sean nodded stiffly as Ian pulled away, pushing his knife into the back pocket of his skin tight jeans. The man checked himself in the mirror, then walked towards the door. "Stay here until I come back." He whispered before opening the door and stepping out into the corridor.

Ian closed the door behind him silently, checking the length of the corridor in case anyone was hiding. If someone snuck up on him, he'd have no chance. Ian was a bad shot to begin with, and if his attacker had the element of surprise on his side... Ian didn't want to think about it. He had never been scared of death, but if he was gone, who would look after Sean?

Tip toeing his way down the corridor, Ian headed in the direction of where he thought the gun shots had sounded from. The corridors were deserted, an eerie silence engulfed the place. Distantly, the man could hear the sound of choked coughing and whimpering. He readied his gun and picked up the pace, hurrying towards the noise.

Ian's heart dropped when he turned the corner. Lying in a pool of blood lay Jay Smith. He was the one who was choking for air. At least he was alive. "Jay." Ian breathed, rushing forward and falling to his knees, splashing into the blood. "Jay, where are you hurt?" The young boy pointed towards his lower abdomen. Ian tried to keep his face professional as not to scare the boy, but the sight was horrific. "You'll be okay." He whispered, stroking Jay's hair before taking him in his arms and carrying him towards one of the doors in the corridor. Ian twisted the doorknob then pushed the door open with his back. He placed Jay down softy on the bed then ran towards the wardrobe, pulling out bed sheets.

"I'm going to die." Jay sobbed quietly, clutching his wound with both hands. "All of this was for nothing. I got Sean into trouble and now I'm going to die and so will he and it's all my fault."

"Hey, hey." Ian shushed, rushing back over with the sheets. He pulled Jay's shirt up over his head, then wiped away the excess blood to get a clear look at the wound. The impact hadn't been that bad, but the the part where the bullet left is always the worst. "Jay, I need to to roll onto your side so I can see your back, okay?" Jay nodded, gulping, and did as he was asked. Taking a deep breath, Ian assessed the damage, then grabbed some pillows and piled them up under Jay. He needed to keep the wound elevated. "I won't let you die, Jay. I promise." He whispered, before pressing the sheets hard to his back and stomach.
---
Sean couldn't take it any more. Ian was out there, possibly dead, his brother was out there, possibly dead, and the rest of the guys were out there, possibly dead. SEAN WAS NOT A STAY AT HOME MOM!

Sighing, he loaded his gun and left the room, being a badass and disobeying Ian's orders. Mother fucker got a gun. Shaking his head at his patheticness, Sean wandered down the corridor, holding his gun like they did in the James Bond movies. What? He was new to this?

Everywhere was really quiet, which freaked him out a bit. That was of course, three gunshots fired out. Sean spun around to see a dark haired woman with high, prominent cheek bones glaring at him. He deep brown eyes were cold and uncaring, blood was wiped across her face and he sleek hair was tied up in a ponytail. Sean stared at her gun which was pointed directly at him, then looked down at his leg.

Bright red blood was spreading itself out around his body. Why hadn't he felt it? He looked up shocked to see the woman reload her gun. Sean gasped, trying to lip away, another shot rang out and he fell to the floor, feeling the immense pain spread across his arm. He was going to die now. Why hadn't he listened to Ian?

Another shot rang out and Sean was sure this was the end. There was a slump from behind him, signalling that the woman had been taken out. Sean tiled is head to the side to find he was behind hauled up. Mike gave him a worried look, the dragged him along the corridor.

Bang

Mike fell to the floor, dropping Sean with him. It kind of felt like everything was in slow motion. The brown eyed boy gasped before his chocolate eyes rolled back, not closing. His mouth lay gaped open slightly.

Anger and adrenalin was now pulsing through Sean. He dragged himself up, ignoring the pain, and flicked his gun up to face the man who was fast approaching him. He pulled the trigger over and over again until the man lay dead on the floor.

"Sean?" Lee yelled, sprinting around the corridor. He took pone look at Mike and dropped his mouth open. "Come on, we've got to get you out of here." He ordered, picking up Mike's still body. He couldn't be dead? Could he?
♠ ♠ ♠
Image