Status: Re uploading because only good story I've ever written even though I screwed up the ending.

Last Train Home

Chapter 4

Ian rubbed his eyes tiredly, looking over to the large clock on his kitchen wall. 9:00PM. He took one last sip of his coffee and tipped the rest down the sink, then pushed his tab but into the liquid to extinguish it. Sean hated it when Ian left his left over cigarettes in the sink because apparently it was chipping the metal or something. Ian didn’t pay that much attention.

He smirked, walking over to the door which lead to the living room. Sean was bent over on the floor, helping Louis put away his lego blocks. The pair had been playing all afternoon, building forts and taking it in turns to crush the other persons fort. Yes, Sean was taking very well to his housewife status.

“Louis, it’s time for bed.” Ian smiled, walking over to his now four-year-old son, and picked him up in his arms, planting a wet kiss on his cheek. “Say goodnight to Sean.”

Louis wiggled his body closer towards Sean, who was standing now, and stretched his arms out for a hug. “Night night, Seanie.” He yawned into the blonde’s neck. Ian collected his son back into his protective arms and pulled his head onto his shoulder, he was asleep in seconds, just like he did when he was a baby.

Ian turned around and quickly passed back through the kitchen, he didn’t like Louis to be around the smoke because it was one thing for Ian to ruin his lungs, but there was no way he was putting his baby in danger. Not after last time.

Last time.

Sean let out a yelp, making Ian freeze when he was in Louis room. He kissed his son on the head hurriedly and dashed back down the stairs. Throwing himself into the living room, he couldn’t find Sean anywhere. The room looked like it had been upturned by somebody, and now his husband was missing. “Sean?” Ian whispered, then walked back into the kitchen and grabbed a knife from the counter.

That’s when Louis started wailing. Breaking his little heart. “Daddy! Help me!” He screamed. Whoever took Sean must be after the baby. Panicking, and still clutching the knife, Ian launched himself up the stairs, and into his son’s bedroom. He was gone too.

Ian fell to his knees sobbing, everything had been taken from him. Again.


Ian jolted awake and he was immediately aware of something cold and soothing pressed against his forehead. Oh shit. He’d fallen asleep. He’s fallen asleep on a job! This was the biggest slip up Ian had ever made. He quickly darted his eyes over to Sean, he was the one holding the compress against his head. He hadn’t taken the opportunity to tell anyone what was happening. Why?

Sean gave the man a soft smile, removing the compress from his forehead and placed it on the fold-out tray in front of him. “You were burning up.” He said quietly, now playing with his hands.

Ian couldn’t deny it, he was touched. After everything Ian had done to him, everything that could possibly happen to him in the next day, Sean had helped him. “Th-thank you.” Ian stuttered, wiping his head dry. He sat up fully, turning his body towards Sean’s. “Why didn’t you run?”

Sean shrugged, looking out of the window, then back to Ian. “There would be no point, would there? If we didn’t turn up at the airport, your guy would figure I’d pulled something and kill Jay.” His throat was croaky, it obviously pained him, talking about his brother.

Ian nodded and sighed. “You know, if Jay get’s the money, we can let you go.”

Sean nodded, tears pricking up in his eyes. “He won’t though. He’s just a kid.” The seatbelt sign glowed throughout the cabin and the lights slowly faded, signalling that the aircraft was coming in to land. Sean sucked in a breath, put his tray back in the upright position and dumped the compress on the floor. He pushed back in his seat hard, and the plane descended, gripping the armrests tightly.

Ian watched the man, he was obviously scared of flying. Ian bit his lip, faced forward and placed his right arm on the arm rest, lacing his fingers with Sean’s. He softly began to rub his thumb over the top of Sean’s hand, calming him.

This was so unprofessional.

The pair stayed like that until it was time for them to collect their hand-luggage, well time for Sean to collect his hand luggage, Ian didn’t have any. Standing up in the isle, Ian pulled Sean’s bag down and passed it to him, then placed his lips to the blonde’s ear again. “We’re going to meet Stu in Starbucks, if you try anything, it isn’t too late to organise someone to get Jay.”

Sean nodded, sighing, and followed Ian out of the plane. Ian sighed as they entered the Starbucks. “Sit down. I’ll get you something.” He muttered, pointing at an empty table. Stu wasn’t here yet, and Ian wanted to get this over with as soon as possible. He knew that there was no way Jay Smith could come up with such a large sum of money in a day, and that hurt. It really fucking hurt. He didn’t want Sean to die.

Ian took a deep breath as he approached the counter, staring off into space. He knew how to fight. He was the best. The very best his company had to offer. He bet he could do it, if he had to. He could protect Sean. Ian quickly turned, ignoring the man behind the counter and hurried back over to the table. He grabbed Sean’s hand and pulled him up from his chair. !E-Ian?” Ian ignored the man, instead focusing on getting them out of the airport. Once in the car park, Ian threw Sean towards the passenger side and instructed him to get in. “Ian, what’s happening? Where are we going?”

Ian started the car, reversing quickly. “We’re getting out of here.” Throwing his phone onto the dashboard, he waited for Stu to pick up. The dialling tone stopped, signalling that someone was on the other end. “Stu, there’s been a change of plan.” He muttered as he sped down the motorway, keeping his eyes glued to the road.

“What sort of change?” Stu asked quietly. “Do I need to kill the kid?”

Sean’s eyes widened in horror, making Ian slide his hand into the blonde’s comfortingly. “No, no. You need to help Jay find the cash.”

Stu let out a loud chuckle, then swore under his breath. He was meant to be keeping quiet. “Why do I have to help him? Ian, this ain’t like you. Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. I’ll explain it all later. Just help the guy out. I’m taking his brother up to see Jamie to sort some stuff out. If the client rings, tell him Sean was causing problems on the plane and I took him out.” Ian ran his fingers over Sean’s again, squeezing him slightly.

Stu sighed on the other end. “Okay, just don’t do anything… dangerous. I trust you, man.”

With that he hung up and the car was filled with silence again. Sean looked over to Ian, his eyes glimmering with hope for the first time since meeting the man. “Please tell me what’s happening.”

“I’m not going to let you die.” Ian spoke simply, smiling as he drove.
♠ ♠ ♠
SEE THIS IS WHERE WES SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE MOVIE! BUT NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO LET'S MAKE LISA HAVE ALL THESE MORALS AND... well, I suppose in the actual movie it was more... Jackson was going to make her help his people kill this guy or Jackson would kill her dad so I guess I get why she was a little bitchy about the whole situation... what?

Image