Status: Re uploading because only good story I've ever written even though I screwed up the ending.

Last Train Home

Chapter 6

Sean groaned, fluttering his eyes open. The daylight burned into him, making him squint away. There was an ungodly searing pain running through his head, like he had been hit with something very heavy. The taste of blood was making him gag, and when he went to lift his arm to tend to the wound on his head, he realised that he was pinned down by something. Sean's eyes slowly trailed down until they fell on what had protected him from the car crash.

A gasp left his lips. His insides turned cold. Ian.

Hazily, the memories of what he had just witnessed came flooding back, all too painfully. The hit men had tracked them down, chased them by car of miles until finally forcing them off of the road. Ian had undone his seatbelt as the pair tumbled down a ravine, trying to shield Sean.

"I-Ian?" The blonde stuttered. He had no doubt that his white-blonde fringe was now coated in blood, but that didn't matter right now. "Oh, Ian, please be okay." From outside, Sean could hear shouting, and the sound of men running down the hill. "Shit." He mumbled before heaving Ian's body out of the way.

A loud gunshot sounded, making Sean yelp. He was scared, terrified even, but he knew that he had to be brave. Sucking in a deep breath, he lifted the gun Ian had given him from the floor. He clenched his eyes closed, holding the gun firmly, and climbed out of the wreckage.

"woah, woah, woah!" Sean pulled his eyes open to see a man with shabby brown hair and chocolate eyes to match. He gave the blonde a reassuring smile, holding his hands up. "Sean, is it? I'm a friend of Ian's. I was back in England, dealing with the cars for our operation, but came back here when thing's turned ugly." Sean was still pointing the gun at the mystery man, making him feel rather uncomfortable. "I promise I'm a good guy. Well, as good as you'll find 'round here. I'm Mike, Ian may have mentioned me."

Stiffly, Sean nodded, lowering his gun. "Ian got hurt." He whimpered, tears pooling in his golden eyes.

Mike nodded sympathetically, stepping forward. "It's okay. He'll be okay." He soothed, pulling Sean into his arms. "Now listen, I have a car waiting on the road. Go and open the back door then you climb into the front. I'll get Ian. Be quick, Jocko can only distract the hit men for so long."

Sean nodded, then hurried up the slope. Sure enough, an extremely expensive looking, black sports car was waiting on the road. It's windows were tinted and everything about it screamed 'I have a shit load of money'. Quickly, Sean dashed towards one of the back doors and pulled it open. The place wasn't very long, they'd have to squish Ian up so that he wouldn't be hanging his feet out of the window.

Remembering that Mike had instructed him to go and sit in the front, he did just that. Goosebumps were rising on his skin. Who was this Jocko and what exactly was he doing to distract the psychopaths who had attacked him? They could turn up any minute and kill Sean. Ian could be dead in Mikes arms right that minute. Whimpering again, Sean looked out of the window.

A loud thump came from behind him, making the blonde jump. Mike apologised and continued to haul Ian's body into the back before closing the door and moving around to the front. "Hold on tight." He chuckled, slamming his foot down on the accelerator and letting go of the clutch. Sean held back a scream at the force of Mike's fucked up driving, distracting himself by looking back at Ian. "He'll be fine, Sean. He's been in worse scrapes than this."

"Wakey wakey." Sean slid his eyes open, foggily, to see Mike standing outside of the car. He opened Sean's door for him and helped him out. The blonde quickly turned to the back seats to find that Ian was gone. Mike smiled, pulling Sean towards the large manor house that they were parked outside of. "This is Jamie's house. He's our boss, kind of." He smirked, pushing open the door. "Ian's already inside. I took a look at him and I think he'll be fine."

"Can I see him?" Sean croaked, rubbing his arms to try and comfort himself.

Mike nodded and lead the man to the bedroom where Ian was being kept. Sean whimpered, sitting himself down on the side of the bed. Ian looked lifeless, and it was breaking Sean's heart. Mike bit his lip awkwardly, staring at the pair. "Sean, do you mind if I ask you something personal?" Sean shook his head, looking over into the man's warm eyes. "What exactly's going on with you and Ian? Are you together? I'm not homophobic or anything, I promise, it's just, Ian's my best friend, and I guess I'd like to know..."

Sean shrugged, smiling fondly at the man. Bless him, he reminded Sean of an awkward child. "I don't know what's going on." He whispered, then looked back to Ian. He grabbed the man's hand and slowly traced circles around on his palm.
♠ ♠ ♠
laughs quietly
Image