Status: Re uploading because only good story I've ever written even though I screwed up the ending.

Last Train Home

Chapter 8

Ian didn’t know how long he had been unconscious for, but he did know that not being able to move or talk was really pissing him off. Most of the time he was in some kind of dream state, other times he could distantly hear people talking. Mike would often come in and comfort Sean, not and again Jamie and Lee would visit, mainly Jamie. Ian guessed Lee was busy, he was normally busy. No matter what though, Sean always stayed. Each time he broke through his misty dreams he could hear the blonde talking quietly to him about his life, about his brother and his friends. Ian would give anything to open his eyes, to reach out and squeeze Sean’s hand to stop him from worrying, but he couldn’t. He tried so hard, but he couldn’t. Maybe he was dead, but surely death wouldn’t be this cruel. It was supposed to be a relief, not torture. Perhaps this was his punishment for his life of crime.

“Hey, Sean.” Mike whispered, the door clicked shut behind him quietly. “I brought you some hot chocolate.”

“Thanks.” Sean sighed, and Ian felt the blonde leave go of his hand momentarily, presumably to take the steaming drink from Mike, then wrapped his fingers around Ian’s lifeless hand again.

“Still no change?”

“No.”

Mike sighed and the door creaked open ever so slightly. “I’m sorry, Sean.” He whispered before leaving and closing the door behind him.

Ian heard Sean sniffle, and it broke his heart. “Ian, please wake up. I’m so scared. You have to be okay, I can’t do this without you.” Something warm bounced off Ian’s hand, and again, and again. Sean was crying, the poor thing was in tears. This was all too much for Ian to handle, and finally, his fingers squeezed ever so slightly back. “Ian?” Sean gasped. “Ian, can you hear me?” He gushed, kissing the dark hair man’s hand quickly.

“Loud and clear, baby.” His voice was hoarse and ragged, but the smirk in his voice was still highly recognisable. Ian opened his eyes and gave a week smile to the blonde. “I’m sorry I scared you.” He whispered, opening his arms for a hug.

Sean pushed himself forward, burying his face into Ian’s bare shoulder - Mike had stripped Ian so he could fix his wounds, Sean wasn’t complaining. “You fucking will be you stupid twat.” He giggled, sobbing at the same time. Ian hoped that was with happiness.

“Like you could take me.” Ian muttered into Sean’s hair before kissing the top of his head softly. He was glad to have his baby back in his arms.

Two hours later and Ian was already up and about, much to Sean’s distress. The blonde was riled up because Mike had said Ian needed some more rest, which of course, he brushed off. “Listen to him, Ian, he knows what he’s talking about.” Sean whined, trying to drag the man back over to his bed.

Ian rolled his eyes and pushed past Sean, sighing. “And I know my own body. I know what I can take. Please, chill the fuck out.” Sean folded his arms across his chest and looked away, making Ian sigh yet again. He placed his hands on Sean’s hips, taking a deep breath. “I have some things to sort out with Stu. He’s bringing Jay up here because there have been… complications-”

“What sort of complications?” Sean asked flatly, widening his eyes a little.

Ian obviously knew he was worried about Jay. “Relax, babe. Jay’s fine, but it’ll be safer for him if he’s closer to us. I’m going to meet him and Stu with Mike, you can stay here with Lee, Jamie and Jocko.”

“I don’t want to stay here with Lee, Jamie and Jocko.”

Ian groaned, stepping away from Sean to pull his fingers through his hair, closing his eyes. “Why have you got to be so difficult?” He shouted, then lowered his voice when he noticed the alarmed expression on Sean’s face. “Fine, fine, you can come, but you have to stay in the car at all times and if something goes wrong I swear to God you get away. You don’t wait for us, you drive off, do you understand me?”

Sean shook his head. “I’m not leaving you.”

Ian was really starting to lose his patience with this boy. He gritted his teeth, glaring into the man’s honey coloured eyes. “You’ll do as you’re told. Do not forget what I’m capable of.”

Sean gulped, but shook his head again. “You wo-won’t hurt me.” There was doubt on his face, but bless, the blonde was trying.

Smirking, Ian stepped forward. “You’ll be surprised at what I’ll do when I’m angry.”
---
Sean climbed into the back seat of Mike’s car, still a little upset from the argument he had had with Ian. He constantly found himself forgetting that Ian was a trained killer. Sean gulped, fastening his seatbelt. He was going to meet this Stu guy today, the man who had originally been hired to kill Sean. The blonde was kind of regretting asking to come. Then again, if something did go wrong, Sean was going to do whatever it takes to keep Ian safe.

The car started with a purr and the trio headed off into the night. Silence was heavy amongst them, this was a tense time, and Sean didn’t want to appear like a child in the backseat, so he kept his mouth shut.

Ian sighed, breaking the silence, and turned to look at Sean. “I’m sorry for shouting at you before.” Sean nodded, giving his lover a soft smile, then looked out of the window. How awkward must Mike feel right now? That made Sean smirk, bless the little driver.

What felt like hours later, Mike slowed down the car, biting his lip anxiously. “This is it.” He muttered, breaking softly. Ian nodded and leant down, picking his hand gun up from the floor. Mike smirked, “I really hope you don’t need to use that.” He chuckled. “You’ve never been a good aim.”

Ian rolled his eyes and climbed out of the car, then popped his head back in. “Won’t be long, Seanie.” He winked, then turned away, clicking the door closed behind him.

Sean pressed his face against the window, trying his best to see what was going on. Two figures climbed out of the car in front of Ian and Mike, from what Sean could tell, it was his brother and Stu. Sean was momentarily filled with joy before his face drained of all colour. A shot rang out in the silent night. His immediate though was someone had been killed, but everyone seemed unharmed, a little shaken, but not hurt. Ian turned to where the shot had came from, placing his hands on his hips.

“Real mature, guys.” Ian chuckled in the pitch black. “You’re all really scary. Now what do you want?”

Five more figures made there way into Sean’s view, and they were all significantly bigger that Ian and the rest of the guys. Stu pushed Jay behind him, stretching his arms out, ready for a fight. Sean couldn’t help but think that muscles weren’t going to be much help against bullets.

One of the opposing guys stepped even further forward, twisting a gun around in his hand. “You know Ian, you embarrassed me and my family along time ago. We shouldn’t have let you live.”

“What. Do. You. Want?” Ian repeated, going to scratch the back of his neck. However, he made a hand gesture as he did it. That could only be for the blonde, but what was so rad? Oh! Oh, he’s miming a phone! Sean you idiot.

Sean took his face away from the window. These guys didn’t know he was here, and he guessed he was supposed to keep it that way. The blonde looked over at Ian’s seat, and sure enough his phone was laying in the centre of the padding. Sean grabbed it and hurriedly looked through his contacts until he found the one that he needed.

He quickly typed the message:

It’s Sean. At the meeting point. The guys need help.

Pressing send, Sean hoped to hell Jamie would get the message in time. That though was short lived though as Ian yelled out frantically. He was on the floor now, a gun pressed to his head. Jay was pinned to the ground, as were Stu and Mike. One of those steroid monkeys turned away from his pack and headed over towards the car. “Just fucking don’t!” Ian was at loss for, panicking. That couldn’t be good.

Sean had to think fast. He reached under his seat and pulled out the gun Ian had given him after their night in the hotel. The back door of the car flew open and Sean was hauled out onto the hard concrete. Luckily, the gun was under his top. “Got him boss.” The goon grinned, his voice low and disgusting. He sounded brain dead.

“Please, let him go. He hasn’t done anything wrong.” Ian begged, pleading with the man above him. “You’ve already taken so much from me!”

Ian’s captor grinned. “Enough.” He grinned.

Bang!

As soon as the echo of the shot was over, everyone fell silent. The slump of the body colliding with the floor was all that could be heard in the night air. It was like time was frozen. Sean looked down at his hands, shaking with shock. Had he- No, no he couldn’t have. Had he just killed a man. His eyes shot up and found that everyone else’s expressions were the same.

This gave Stu enough time to take his guy out, then Mike’s. The two of them helped Jay while Ian leapt up from the ground shooting towards Sean. He closed his eyes tightly, preparing to die. That is, until two strong arms were wrapping themselves around him. There was a slump as Sean’s goon fell to the floor. “I’m so, so, sorry.” Ian wept, tightly squeezing Sean. “I though I had lost you.”

“I-I killed him.” Sean suddenly broke out in tears, throwing his gun to the side. “Ian, I killed someone!”

Ian grabbed Sean’s head, holding him into his chest. “Yes, you did, and if you hadn’t he would have killed us all, just like he killed my son. He was a monster Sean.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh you got him mad guuurl
Image