Ian Matters

Ian's Quality Time with Frank

Frank and I are sitting on the couch, spending our occasional quality time together so we aren't total strangers when he comes over to have his way with Sal. We're drinking and we've got a few empty bottles in front of us already and I'm just drunk enough to the point where I don't give a fuck at last about anything. Of course, in this state I'm also my most honest.

Frank takes a swig of his beer and I scratch my nose and sniffle briefly, “I met a guy the other day.”

“Huh?” He grunts, I pause and think for a second.

“On the elevator.” I stop again and squint, “Okay I didn't really meet him. And it wasn't on the elevator.” I correct myself, “But I was going to get on the elevator and he was there. So, yeah.”

“Go on.” He gives an encouraging nod as he checks how much he has left in his drink.

I smile like a small child, “He was really sexy.” Frank furrows his brow and I actually fucking giggle like a little girl.

He adjusts his head to look at me and I look back, “Did you talk to him?”

I bite my lip. “No.” I answer, and there's another pause, “Yes. Not really.” I stop, take a swig of my beer and sigh, “There was a brief exchange but I froze up because he was so attractive.”

“Attractive how?” I look away and remember him.

“Like fuck-me-right-here-right-now kind of attractive.” He gives an acknowledging grunt and out of the corner of my eye I see him get distracted for a second before he turns his head back in my general direction.

“You didn't get his name?”

“He said the elevator was going up, I was going down.”

He gives me a strange look, “Why were you going down?”

“I wasn't.” I reply, “I... just said I was.”

“Why would you do that?”

I blink and huff, “You don't know me well enough and I'm too drunk to explain it to you.”

He just grunts in response. I'm apparently not the only one who gets honest when they're drunk, so this is finally where him and I find some solid common ground. “I had a romantic dream about Sal the other night.” My face twists into confusion and I look over at him. He doesn't look at me, but he looks disappointed in himself for a second before he shuts his eyes and juts out his lower lip.

“Define romantic for me.”

His eyes open again and he sighs, “Romantic as in slow fucking.”

“Ouch.” He gives me wide, glaring eyes. I can't say I wasn't being sarcastic. “... I mean that's very romantic.”

“No amount of alcohol will get rid of the disgusting fucking feeling I woke up with, man.” He eyes his drink, “For your sake I hope you never have to endure that.”

“Frank,” I'm trying a comforting tone here but I don't know if it's working, “You and I are different. You like whiskey, I like vodka. You like chicks, sometimes I like to have sex with men.” He furrows his eyebrows, “On the other hand, you and Sal are more alike then you think. Of course, she doesn't drink and you appreciate getting wasted – which I respect, but--”

“I think I'm going to stop you right here,” He interrupts, “I'm not having children with Sal, or marrying her, or doing anything along those lines--”

I stop listening. My eyes are wide. Frank was psychic – I fucking called it. “Uh--”

“I have been sober around you before when you've been drunk, man.” He tells me, “You say things.” He stops. I see him crinkle his nose and he doesn't say anything for another moment. “A lot of things.”

When I'm sober again I stand by the fact that Frank is a psychic.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you are, because happy Thanksgiving!

I am very excited that more people seem to be getting interested in this story! I've redone it a bit, changed the picture, etc, to brighten things up. I decided the way I went about representing the story was a bit dark when the story isn't too dark. It will have some dark moments, like all stories do, but it's not focused on that. It's about life, right?

So I changed the picture to the green couch, yes, the green couch. And that specific picture will have some significance in the story. You'll understand.

Anyway, I would like to say that there will be some character centric chapters. I really enjoy Sal, so I'm going to play around with her as a sub storyline, if you don't mind. I'm trying to work on some chapters to better develop and introduce you more to Dillon and Nick, I'm just trying to figure out really, still, who they are. I need to get to know them better before you all can, you know?

Thank you all so much for reading! It really gives me a boost to my mood, makes me all warm and fuzzy, know what I mean? It's just a great thing to see people acknowledging your work. And I really love this story already, I think it could be my best so far. I've never finished a story before, either, but I have a good feeling this will be my first.

Anyway, I think there's some Sal-centric chapters coming up, and maybe another run in with Mr. Possible Love Interest. So, that's pretty neat.

I watched Jarhead earlier. Jake Gyllenhaal gets me all steamy. I think if I ever give Sal a love interest he'll just have to be Jake Gyllenhaal, or at least be him physically. I can't help it. He's too good not to write about.

Please recommend and subscribe and, oh, gosh, a comment would tickle me pink. I want to kiss your faces, I really do. Hope to hear from all of you soon! XO