Letter to Self: 8th Grade

Dear 8th Grade Self

Dear Self,

You are a very strange girl. During class, you're calm (I guess...). But in other surroundings, such as the cafeteria and bus, you just go insane, laughing at pretty much every little thing. And as nice/funny you may come o9ff to others, some may even find you to be completely obnoxious and annoying. But don't worry, I'm pretty sure that'll change by the time you read this again.

As for your favorites? You and Cene, your best friend, still have a big love for Paramore and One Direction, despite they're HUGE difference in music (you have a big celebrity crush on Niall Horan, by the way). You're still working on art 24/7, and taking jazz, tap and ballet classes three days a week. You're still highly-addicted to your iPod-Touch, you still have your "good luck unicorn" resting on your bed post, and you still have an inevitable crush on "Green Midget" as you and Logan, one of your other best friends, have nicknamed "him".

You're doing well in school so far, but all the weekend-homework, with the addition of dance class and art projects, seems to bring you down a little bit. Especially now that most of 8th grade has discovered your art, and now EVERYONE wants you to draw them something.

Your future? Well, you're still going to Brennan (high school) after this year, hopeful to join volleyball and dance-team. Then after high school, you're planning on moving to Seattle to attend Cornish College of the Arts. It's a private college, meaning high tuition. But it's okay, because you'll probably have earned many dancing/art scholarships by then. After graduating, you wanna remain living in Seattle and opening up your own dance studio, becoming the instructor. And you know what? I'm pretty sure your life will go as planned. As long as you never give up.

Sincerely, Mariah C.