The Big Day

The Big Day

As the hour approached closer, I began to get ready for the big day, the day that would be the start of my new life. Walking over to my vanity, I reached into my jewelry box and pulled out the first necklace he ever gave me. It was a necklace he had brought back from one of his many trips away from me. He told that as soon as he saw it, he thought of me.

"the way it sparkled as the light hit it, I automatically thought of your sparkling personality," he told.
Un-clipping the back of it, I slowly pulled it around my neck and fastened it. Reaching up to it and placing my hand around it, I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply than move to my closet.

Pulling out the outfit I had planned out a while back, I laid it on my bed and stare at it for a few minutes. As the clock got closer to my departure, I decided I could not turn back now. Slipping on the nice silk dress, with some help from my mom, I than fixed my hair in an up due to keep it out of my eyes during the long sermon I would have to sustain. Exiting the room slowly and down the stairs, I met up with my mother and father and we entered the limo.

Approaching the church, I begin to feel a tightness in my chest. As my heart started beating faster, I felt like I was being suffocated until we finally stop at the entrance of the church. My parents exiting the limo first, my father extended his hand to me and helped me out.

Making my way to the doors of the church, I put my veil down and the tears began to come as I realized this day would change my life forever. Pushing the doors opened, I saw him at the end of the iel and the tears began to flow out of my eyes and down my cheeks like a river. For this would be the last time I would EVER see my one true love.