Dunsage Diaries

Chapter I

Falmore Dunsage awoke suddenly, as if cast out of some horrible dream. He felt the chill of the floor beneath him. His eyes were open, he could feel them, but all he could see was complete darkness.

"What is this? Am I blind?" he thought to himself. He could smell the salt in the air, cold and damp. "Where am I?”

He looked around himself, but it was useless. There was no light to be seen anywhere. He always hated the dark. He could feel that familiar feeling of complete irrational fear bubbling up from deep inside him.

"Hello? Is there anyone there?" he shouted, but no answer was given only the echoes of his own voice.

How'd the hell did he end up here? His mind was a blur. He couldn't remember anything leading up to the moment he awoke.
He tried to stand up, but soon realized that his feet were bound and fell clumsily back down onto the cold hard floor. "Oowww fuck!” he cried aloud.

"I would be careful of your language Mr. Dunsage", a voice suddenly said from the other side of the darkness. "If we are ever to take you to see the Grand Master we can't have you talking like that. He does not care for such things."

"Who's there? Who are you? Why am I here?", asked Falmore.

"You know why you are here Mr. Dunsage. You have made the Grand Master somewhat, angry." The voice avoided the question of its owner's identity.

"I don't know what you are talking about! Who is this Grand Master? What have I done?".

"I've told you the reasons of your presence here Mr. Dunsage."
"Yes, but they do not make sense! I don't understand, who are you? What do you want from me?” Falmore asked.

"My identity is none of your concern. Not yet. Not until the Grand Master has had his words with you", explained the mysterious voice.

Fear started to creep up on Falmore even more so than before. Something about that voice was troubling him and he could not understand why. "Who is the Grand Master?"

The voice gave out a slightly amused giggle. "He does not comply with society's views on names. He is merely the Grand Master. Our Leader. Our Master. Our Protector."

"Your protector?", quizzed Falmore. "What does he protect you from?"

"Why, people like you Mr. Dunsage! People who rise up against our clan and try to steal our seat of power. You of all people should already know this information. You were the one who lead these, people, to commit such heinous crimes against our clan. It is people like you who make us who we have become. People like you who enslaved our kind centuries ago," the voice said, getting angrier with every sentance. "And it is people like you who will die so we can reclaim our rightful ruling of this place. Our own home!"

Suddenly, a fist came crashing into Falmores face, dazing him for a moment. The fist came back a second time and laid him on the floor. He was bleeding. He felt the blood trickle down his face from where the fist struck him. Only, this fist felt more like a ball made of heavy stone.

A loud shrieking sound filled the room. Suddenly there was light within the room. He could see that he was in a cell. It was spacious enough, possibly because it was empty but it was a cell nonetheless.

The voice that had struck him with the stone fist was given a shape. It belonged to a tall man, who bore a simple grey cloak with a hood that shrouded his face in darkness.

The man began to chant something to himself in a tongue that sounded strangely familiar to Falmore. Where had he heard those words before? He just could not remember, no matter how hard he tried.

Suddenly, the man's stone like hand burst into light. It blinded Falmore for and instant. As he was regaining his vision, he could make out the man's face now. He had seen him before, he suddenly remembered.

"You?!" exclaimed Falmore Dunsage.

"Yes, me. The Grand Master will see you now."

As the man's shining hand closed in on Falmore's face once more. This time, the world turned to darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
First ever chapter of any type of creative writing I have ever done. No planning really went into this. I was making it all up as I typed. I was quite surprised actually at how much I could write and how quickly it was all coming to me.

I'm thinking of making this into a series, if I can continue with the development of my CW skills!