Sequel: Butterfly Kisses

Fuel to the Fire

Sleepovers

My eyes fluttered open to blue ones and I moved closer to him and he chuckled.

"Good sleep?" I nodded against him.

"I don't want to move."

"We should have sleepovers more often," I scoffed at him, looking up to see him smiling.

"Maybe we could." I sat up and stretched my arms. I felt Dan sit up too and I turned toward him.

"What are you doing today?" He leaned his back against the headboard.

"I have work at two and I have to close it at four."

He played with my fingers, "Do you want me to drop you off and pick you up?"

"You want me to sleep over again, don't you?" I smiled.

He laughed and nodded. "I like spending time with you."

I looked down at my lap. "Tell me more about yourself."

"Like what?" I asked, lifting my head up.

"Like you're favorite things and just basic stuff."

I laughed, "I grew up in Surrey and my parents moved away two years ago and Amy offered for me to stay with her. I like music, reading and having fun." I shrugged. "My favorite color's blue, like your eyes." I smiled. "I like horror films but not at night unless I'm with someone. Titanic makes me cry and my favorite superhero is Batman." I laughed.

"You cry during any romantic film!"

"I do not!"

He laughed, "Batman's cool."

"Batman is fit. Christian Bale is very fit."

"What about that drummer that you fancy?" His mouth was hung open.

I laughed, "Christian Bale is fit but that drummer is a twenty."

He smiled. "Still in the books?"

I nodded.

"Are you hungry?"

I sighed and bit my lip. I mean, I could have something small.

"Do you have bagels?"

He nodded. "I'll split one with you."

He smiled and got up, taking me with him.

»

I got dressed into my clothes from last night and used his mouthwash again. I looked at the loo before I walked out. I still felt the feeling in my stomach and I needed to get the food out.

Dan's hand slipped into mine and I turned my head toward him. "You don't need to."

I nodded and he walked me out of the bathroom.

"Do you want to go now?"

"Yeah."

He grabbed his keys and we made our way downstairs.

Once we arrived, he got out of the car with me and we walked in.

"Do you want anything?" I asked him. I set my bag down behind the counter and sat in the stool.

"Just a regular."

I nodded and got his coffee.

He stayed for a little but had to leave for band practice.

"I'll pick you up later, love." He leaned over the counter and kissed my cheek.

»

Work was slow today, barely anyone came in. Amy called me and asked me if I was okay. She knew about me and my eating disorder. She always encouraged me to eat and to stay away from the loo, she use to watch me closely when we were younger. I told her I did throw up but that Dan also encouraged me to eat. She was kinda mad when she heard me say no to Dan kissing me. I mean, I wasn't disappointed but I would be happy if he did. He just needed time, and that was what I would give him. I told Amy that I would be over at the house to get some clothes and she was ecstatic that I was sleeping over at his house again.

I sat on the bench outside of the shop with my arms tucked around my middle. I had a snack during work and I was trying my hardest not to go to the loo, I wanted to get better.

I looked up when I heard the horn of a car beep. I smiled, getting up from my seat and sliding into his warm car.

"It's absolutely freezing out there!" I shivered and put my hands up to the heat.

"You didn't have to sit outside, love." He chuckled. "How was work?"

"Slow, no one really came in." I shrugged.

He nodded and headed toward my house.

When he pulled up, we walked out and into the cold again. He slipped his hand into mine and I moved closer to him as we walked up to the door.

We entered the quiet and warm house together and I took off my shoes.

"Amy?" I called out.

My eyebrows came together as I saw her jacket on the couch. I walked down the hall, with Dan on my heels, to her closed door. I put my ear up to it and heard noises coming from inside the room.

I was about to knock when I heard a moan. My eyes went wide and I turned toward Dan.

"She's fucking someone in there!" I whispered.

He put his ear against the door and listened, then his eyes went wide. "I wonder who it is."

I laughed quietly and pushed him back out of the hallway. "I'd rather not see my best friend having sex with someone."

"Do you think it's Josh?" He looked down at me.

I shrugged, "Could be."

He walked up the stairs with me and into my room. I grabbed a duffel bag and put in a few shirts and pants, since I didn't know how long I'd be staying. I grabbed my pajama shorts and my brush, then went into the bathroom for my toothbrush.

I smiled over at Dan, who was sitting on my bed, looking around. I put in my charger for my phone and my over-the-shoulder bag, then zipped my bag closed. I turned around to Dan and smiled again.

"Ready."

He nodded and we walked downstairs and heard a loud scream. "Alright, I need to leave this house."

I walked out quickly with Dan laughing behind me. I put my bag into the back of his car and sat in the passenger seat.

"How long can you stay?"

"Not forever, but maybe two days." I smiled.

His hand found mine and I brought his hand over into my lap.

"Not enough, but okay." I laughed.

"How long did you want me to stay?"

"Like a week." I laughed again and rubbed in different patterns into the back of his hand.

"That's a little long. What are we doing tonight?"

"Do you want to go get a film?"

I nodded and he turned onto the next street.

He pulled into the parking lot of the mall and we got out, walking hand in hand into the big building.

We arrived at the film store and we looked through the films.

"What about a scary film?"

"And this one?" I held up a movie that I've been wanting to see.

He nodded and we went up to the counter to buy the films.

»

I sat on the couch while Dan put in the film. He grabbed a blanket and put it on me before he sat down, his thigh touching mine. I leaned into him after he put his arm around me.

»

The film was okay, I hid my face in the crook of his neck when the scary part came on. He chuckled at me when I squealed a little and I hit his chest lightly.

I curled up on the couch when he got up and took the film out and put it back into the case. I closed my eyes and laid on my back, putting my arms over my face.

I felt him sit down by my feet and I sat up, a little close to him.

"That was scary," I frowned.

"It's wasn't that scary." He brushed my hair behind my ear and let his hand fall down my arm.

"Yes it was! That girl got slaughtered! She shouldn't have even talked to that guy." I played with his free hand while he kept his other one on my arm.

He laughed and I laughed with him. I smiled at him when our laughter died down. I looked up into his blue eyes and I felt his hand, on my arm, move up. I felt like I froze when his hand reached up to my face and stroked my cheek. I looked down to his perfect lips and back up to his eyes when he got closer. I couldn't breathe when there was little space between our faces. I looked down at his lips again and closed my eyes when they touched mine. I felt an instant spark and tingles were all over my body. I kissed him back and brought my hand up to his cheek. He tasted so good, like sweet candy.

I started to pull him down to the couch with me but he pulled away slowly. I licked my lip and smiled.

"Wow." He smiled just as big as me.

I blushed, looking down at my lap.

He lifted my head back up and smiled at me. He reached up and kissed my forehead before he took the blanket off of me and carried me to his bedroom. I laughed when he set me down on the bed.

"I'm not even in my pajamas yet." I smiled.

I got up and went over to my duffel bag and got out my shorts.

"Can I have another shirt?"

He nodded and got one, throwing it at me. I caught it and went to his bathroom.

I got changed quickly and ignored the feeling my stomach. I brushed my teeth and put my hair up into a ponytail.

I set my clothes back in my bag and climbed up onto his bed.

»

We sat across from each other, our knees touching. We talked about little things for awhile and I was now tracing my fingers over his upper arm.

"I like your tattoos." I smiled.

"Do you have any?"

I shook my head, "I really want one though."

"What do you want?"

"An anchor."

He nodded, "A big one?"

"Maybe on my wrist or forearm." I shrugged.

"I like it." He smiled.

I leaned forward and laid my head on his shoulder.

After a couple minutes, I opened my mouth. "How did your dad die?" I bit my lip.

I felt him playing with my shirt as he sighed against me, "Cancer." He whispered.

I lifted my head off of his shoulder and looked at him. He eyes were sad and I got up onto my knees and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. He wrapped his around my waist and put his mouth on my shoulder.

"I'm so sorry, Dan." I sighed against him.

He didn't say anything and we just stayed like that for what felt like hours. I pulled away from him and looked at his face. My arms were still around his neck and I moved closer, connecting my lips with his. I kissed him softly and leaned my forehead against his when I pulled away. I played with his hair and the nape of his neck and smiled down at him.

"Let's get some sleep."

He nodded and laid back onto the bed. I got under the sheets before I scooted over to him and laid on my stomach, my body a little bit on top of him. His arm was under my head and mine was over his torso.

"Night, Dan."

"Goodnight, love."