Sequel: Butterfly Kisses

Fuel to the Fire

Nervousness

I woke up around half ten and didn't eat. I spent my whole two hours getting ready. I didn't look that good, I was in skinny jeans and one of Dan's t-shirts he left here. I put on my blue vans and put my hair up in a ponytail. After I brushed my teeth, I ran downstairs and waited for Amy to come out.

"Come on! They land soon!" I yelled.

"Jesus, don't get your knickers in a twist. Calm down, Al." She came out and grabbed her purse.

"I can't! I haven't seen him in four weeks and I didn't talk to him for two. I'm freaking out!"

We walked out to our cars and she got in hers. "Don't go mad while you drive."

I rolled my eyes and got into mine, pulling out of the pathway and following her to the airport. I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel the whole time and played music to distract me. She pulled into the parking garage and I found a spot on the fourth floor, a few away from her.

We linked arms when we came back together and walked through the airport to the waiting station. I literally just wanted to run to his gate door and pound on it until he came out.

Their plane was landing right now and Amy tried to calm me down. I was shaking my foot while I sat in my seat and she was standing, looking out for the guys.

"Ali."

I looked up at her and she motioned for me to get up. I looked to where she was looking and smiled like mad. I ran as fast as I could and jumped on him, thankful that he caught me.

"I missed you so much." He placed a hand on the back of my neck, over my hair and wrapped his other arm around my back. My legs were wrapped around his waist and I let my hold up, being put down onto my feet.

I smashed my face into his and felt him smile against me. "I missed you too." I smiled.

He hugged me before he grabbed his bag and my hand and we walked over to everyone else.

I gave all the boys hugs and we talked for a little before we went to our cars. I held Dan's hand while I drove to his flat and the nervousness seemed to disappear. I felt his eyes on me the whole time and he brought my hand up to his mouth, kissing it.

"I'm sorry, too."

"Just forget it, Dan. It was a little fight." I shrugged.

"I know, I just didn't mean to not talk to you for that long."

"It's alright, hun." I smiled.

I pulled into the parking lot and we got out with his bag.

"Where's your bag?"

"I came by yesterday after work and dropped it off."

"How did you get in?"

I looked up at him, "I know where your key is." I laughed.

His mouth was open, "I need a better hiding place."

"Yes, you do." I nodded.

He opened his door and let me inside. I laughed when he fell onto his bed and left his bag next to him.

"Bedtime." He mumbled into the sheets.

"Jet lag?"

"Very."

I laughed again and crawled on top of his back. I leaned down and kissed his cheek.

"Are you going to fall asleep?" I whispered.

"Most likely."

I rolled off of him and laid on my side, propping my head up with my hand. I brought my hand up to his hair and combed through it.

"You have brown roots." I laughed.

He mumbled something that I couldn't understand but I continued to comb through his hair. He opened his eye a little and moved over so he was inches away from my face and put his arm over my waist.

He leaned up a little and met my lips with his. I put my arm under his head and placed my other hand on his cheek.

"You should sleep." I whispered.

"I'm not tired anymore." He smiled.

"Go to sleep, you goon."

He laid his head on my arm and I continued to brush through his hair until I fell asleep too.

ยป

I woke a little after seven and moved my arm away from Dan's head. I closed his door quietly behind me and went into the kitchen, picking up my phone and ordering some food.

I sat on the counter and played with my phone for awhile until I hopped off and walked down the hall to Dan's room. I peeked into the dark, slightly seeing him on his stomach still. I tip-toed over to the bed, leaving the door open for some light. I crawled on top of his back and kissed his cheek.

"Wake up." I whispered into his ear when he started to stir.

He mumbled and groaned, trying to move out from under me. I moved off of him, but he grabbed my leg and pulled me on top of his stomach.

"Evening sunshine." I smiled down at him.

He smiled and began rubbing his thumbs on my thighs.

"I ordered some food." I traced in patterns over his shirt with my fingernails, while he nodded and stared up at me.

I smiled, "What?"

"Nothing."

I bit my lip as he continued to stare at me. "Quit staring." I laughed.

He smiled and ran his hand up to my neck, bringing it down to him. He kissed me slowly, like he was savoring it. I brought my hands to his cheeks and kissed him back. He smiled against me and groaned when there was a loud knock on the door.

I parted from him and smiled, pecking him before I got off. I ran to the door and grabbed my wallet then I opened it and took the food, paying the man.

I walked into the kitchen with the bag and set it on the counter, taking the contents out. I got out two plates before I heard footsteps and turned to Dan, running a hand through his hair.

"Smells good."

I nodded and set his plate in front of the chair and he sat down. I took my plate and sat next to him and smiled when he kissed my cheek.

We ate for awhile but I mostly played around with my food. I felt him look at me at times but he didn't say anything.

I gulped my food down and took a sip of my water. I played with the condensation on the glass and opened my mouth, "What are we doing, Dan?"

He looked over at me but I just looked at the glass. "What do you mean?"

"What are we?" I bit my cheek, afraid of his answer.

He was silent for a couple minutes and I just wanted to know what he was thinking.

"I don't want to talk about this right now, Al." He sighed.

I looked at him. "What are you so afraid of, Daniel?"

He turned back to his plate and picked it up, throwing his leftovers away and putting his plate into the sink.

I sighed when he walked out of the kitchen and I heard his footsteps disappear. I wiped under my eye and picked up my plate, throwing away any extra food and putting it into the sink. I put the leftovers into the bag and put it in the fridge and wiped under my other eye.

I don't get why I was crying. Maybe because he didn't give me an answer, he just walked away. I walked into the dark living room and found the couch, laying down on it. I grabbed the blanket by my feet and put it over me, wiping at more tears. I turned so I was facing the back of the couch and tried to go to sleep but an hour later, I was staring at the darkness.

I heard footsteps coming into the living room and I pretended I was asleep. I then felt Dan picking me up effortlessly, bridal style and he walked into his bedroom. He set me down onto the bed and closed his door before coming back and getting under the covers. He put his arm over my waist and kissed my forehead. I kept my eyes closed the whole time and then I felt him running his fingers through my hair. I fell asleep about ten minutes later.