Sequel: Butterfly Kisses

Fuel to the Fire

Chances

I woke up to ocean blue eyes and backed up a little. I swallowed before I sat up and turned away from him. I felt the bed shift and I saw his legs next to me.

"I'm sorry."

I shook my head and turned to him, smiling. "Don't worry about it." I smiled again and kissed his cheek before I went into the bathroom with a new pair of clothes and my toothbrush.

Today, I would pretend that none of that ever happened last night and that we weren't together. That's what he wanted. And that's what he would get. I mean, I would still act the same but I won't hold his hand in public because that would give people the idea that we were together and Mr. Daniel doesn't want that. When he did, he would tell me. He didn't even ask me the question, all he said was that he wanted to be with me.

I walked out in my new clothes and into the living room before I sat down on the couch.

"What do you want to do today?" He asked me.

I shrugged. "I don't care."

I was going to be blunt and give him short answers, just so he'd get the hint.

"Okay," he turned toward the telly and we watched it for a few hours before he decided we would go out to lunch.

I had my arms crossed the whole time so he wouldn't hold my hand and his were in his jean pockets. I could tell that he was a little uncomfortable at lunch but I acted like I didn't notice.

"Lunch was good." He said when we got back to his flat. I took my shoes off and nodded at him. It was about three in the afternoon and I was a little bored but I was having fun being different with him. He deserved it if he wasn't going to give me answers.

"What's up with you?" He sat down next to me again on the couch and looked over at me.

I shrugged, "I'm fine."

"No, you're not."

"Yeah, I am." I scoffed.

He sighed, "It's about last night, isn't it?"

I felt a smile trying to creep up onto my face but I didn't let it. "Not at all. I don't have a problem."

"You're such a liar." He laughed.

I looked at him, "No, really. I'm fine. My feelings are fine, my emotions are fine."

"It is about last night."

I looked away from him and bit my cheek.

"Talk to me, Ali."

"What are you afraid of, Dan?" I looked up at him again.

He sighed.

"Are you afraid that it won't work out? Are you afraid I'll hurt you? Are you afraid that we'll get into fights? What if it does work out? What if I take really good care of you? We are in a fight right now, friendships and relationships are never perfect."

"How do you know that? What if we don't work out?"

"Like I said, relationships are never perfect. Do you not believe in yourself? Or me? You don't believe in us?"

He didn't say anything.

"You'll never know unless you try, Daniel. If we hurt each other, then we'll work through it. We all make mistakes. I've never cheated on anyone and I wouldn't like to start. Believe in yourself, open up to somebody. Take a chance, Dan."

I saw an indent in his cheek and stared at him until he lifted his head up and looked at me.

"Okay," he whispered.

"Okay?"

"I want to try this. I want to be with you and have since the day I met you, Ali. You're a wonderful girl and I fancy you, a lot. I want to open up to you, be with you. I want everything that involves you. I want this relationship to work out at best as it can. I vow not to cheat on you too because I don't want to start it either. If we fight, we have to find a way to get through it because I don't want to lose you. I want this to work."

I smiled up at him. "That wasn't so hard, now was it?"

He shook his head and laughed before he leaned toward me, placing his lips on mine. I smiled as he pushed me back so I was laying on the couch. His hands were on my lower back and behind my knee. He lifted it up so my leg was wrapped around his waist and he brought his hand down to my hip, giving it a light squeeze.

My hands were behind his neck, playing with his hair. I pulled at chunks of it and massaged the spots. I let him enter when his tongue ran over my bottom lip and our tongues wrestled each other. My leg tightened around his waist and I pulled him down to me. I bit his lip when I felt him against me, getting hard.

He parted from my mouth and kissed his way down to my neck. My breath was erratic as he sucked on my neck and moved my head back so he had more access.

I couldn't even think with his mouth on me. I tried to but I just focused in on his smell and his taste. He smelled like fresh laundry and he tasted sweet, like candy.

I suppressed a moan as he sucked one last time and moved back up to my lips. I gasped into his mouth as he kissed me and moved my hands away from his hair and over his shoulders until my hands were on his back, under his arms.

He parted from me again and I picked my head up off the couch to kiss him again. He smiled against me and parted again. He breath blew across my face and I tried to catch mine too. He looked down at me as I rubbed his back.

"Can you be mine?" He whispered.

I nodded my head, smiling and he came back down and let me taste him again. I kissed him slowly and opened my eyes when we parted. He smiled down at me and I giggled.

"Now what?" I asked.

He shrugged. "We could either continue this.." He gave me a look and I laughed. "Or we could go grocery shopping."

I sat up and moved away from him. "Grocery shopping it is."

He groaned, "But I fancy the other choice better."

"Too bad." I got up from the couch and laughed when he groaned again. "Come on."

He got up from the couch and grabbed his keys.

ยป

We came back to his flat with the grocery bags and I set them down on the counter in the kitchen. He helped me put the food away and he sat on the counter when I finished putting the milk in the fridge.

"What?" I asked as I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned on my left leg.

"Come here." I cocked an eyebrow but moved toward him and he opened his legs so I could go between them and pinned them against my waist so I wouldn't move.

"What are you doing?" I laughed as I looked up at him.

He leaned forward and placed his hands on either side of my head. He caught my lips on his and I placed my hands on his knees.

I pulled away and he groaned. I laughed at him, "I would like some dinner, Daniel."

He leaned his forehead on mine and I smiled up at him. "What would you like?"

I laughed, "A sandwich."

I moved away from him so he could hop off and make me a sandwich. "I'll make you one too."

We made each others sandwiches and ate silently at the kitchen counter.

"Yummy," I nodded.

"You're welcome." I laughed at him because he was still upset about me denying him.

"Thank you," I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

I took his plate when he finished and washed them in the sink. I could feel him staring at me and I smiled when I heard him get up. I wiped my wet hands on the towel and faced him.

I laughed when he pouted his lip out but I walked past him, down the hall and into the bathroom to brush my teeth. He did the same thing and I caught him staring at me while we cleaned our teeth.

I walked into his bedroom and got out pajamas to change into before I changed in front of him, just for torture. I couldn't help but smile while I slowly took my shirt off and replaced it with one of his. He couldn't see me smiling because I was faced away from him but I continued to slip off my jeans and I put on some shorts. I put my dirty clothes back and faced the bed, only to see him biting his lip and looking at his phone. I could already tell that he was looking while I was changing. I smiled to myself before I crawled up onto the bed and got under the warm covers. He took off his pants and his shirt and crawled in on the other side. I smiled at him while he faced me and scooted closer, putting my arm over his waist.

"Night." I kissed him while he put his arm over my waist and I soon fell asleep with a smile.

This is fun.