Sequel: Butterfly Kisses

Fuel to the Fire

Boxes

I picked my head up and looked around. I fell asleep on Dan's chest last night and he was still sleeping. I looked over at the clock under the telly and saw that it was half eleven. Amy would be here soon and I wasn't looking forward to it. I laid my head back on Dan's chest when he stirred and I felt his hand smooth my hair back. I lifted my head back up and smiled at him.

He leaned forward a little and kissed my forehead. I sat up and he followed. I got up and walked into the kitchen, getting out two bowls and pouring in cereal to one. I got out the milk and poured it in, leaving it out and sitting at the island. Dan came in and got his breakfast ready and sat next to me.

"Are you gonna be okay today?" He placed his hand on my thigh and rubbed his thumb on it.

I shrugged, pushing my bowl away and leaning my head in my hand and leaning my elbow on the counter.

He sighed quietly and finished his cereal and faced me, putting his head in his hand. He brought his other hand up to my head and pushed my hair back.

"Do you want me to stay over tonight?" He whispered.

I bit my cheek and nodded. I knew that I would need someone, I would be a wreck today.

He brought my head to his and kissed my forehead again. I got out of my chair and walked up the stairs and into my room, getting changed. I put on an over sized sweatshirt and yoga pants before I put my hair up in a messy bun and walked into my bathroom, brushing my teeth. I heard my phone vibrate when I walked out and went over and picked it up. I heard my bathroom door close and guessed that Dan was in there. I opened the new text from Amy and read it.

On my way with Josh! (:

I locked my phone and heard my bathroom door open and I wiped under my eye.

"Ali?"

I sniffed and wiped my other eye before I felt a hand on my lower back. I sniffed again and turned to him.

"I'm fine, Dan." I stepped around him and walked out the door and downstairs and sat on the couch until Amy came.

"Hello, my lovebirds!" I wiped under my eyes quickly and got up from the couch. Amy hugged me once she saw me and I closed my eyes, squeezing her. I opened them and Josh gave me a sympathetic smile. I heard Dan come down the stairs and Josh hugged him. Amy brought me into her room and smiled at me.

I gave her a fake smile, "Are you excited?"

She clapped, "I still can't believe he asked me to move in!"

I laughed.

"How's Dan?"

"He's good." I nodded.

"Are you working tomorrow?"

I nodded.

"I'll come by for a coffee." She touched my arm.

I gave her a smile and we got the boxes and brought them outside to Josh's car. Dan and Josh got the last of the boxes and stayed by the car while Amy and I were standing on the porch.

"Have fun with your new house!" She smiled.

I smiled weakly, feeling a lump growing. My eyes started to water and I scoffed, trying to blink them away.

"Aw, Al." She wrapped her arms around my waist and I hugged her tight against me.

"I'm only a phone call away, hun."

I nodded and wiped at my eye when she pulled away.

"I'll see you tomorrow too and every Friday." She nudged me and I smiled.

"Love you, Al." She hugged me again and I smiled against her.

"Love you too, Ames."

She squeezed my shoulder and waved to me when she walked toward Josh's car. I watched Dan hug Amy and kiss her cheek then closed the passenger door behind her when she got in. I felt another tear slip out when she waved to me and Josh pulled away. My eyes became blurry as Dan walked toward me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. I let a few more tears come out before he led me into the house and sat me on the couch. I put my leg over his lap and laid my head on his shoulder.

"We're officially in your house." I could hear the smile in his voice and I couldn't help but grin. I looked up at him and he wiped my cheeks.

"You okay?"

"I will be."

"Good." He leaned forward and kissed me softly.

"What are you going to do with her room?"

I shrugged, "Keep it the same. But I should change the sheets."

I got up off the couch and walked down the hall to the closet, getting out clean sheets and bringing them into her room. I removed her comforter and all the sheets and put them on the floor. I put on the light purple sheets and flattened them out before I got a new comforter and put that on. I picked up the sheets on the floor and looked around at her room. She basically took everything except her bed, dresser and desk. I didn't want to move anything. I wanted it to be the same if she ever came back.

I closed her door and walked down the hall to the laundry room. I threw the sheets in and turned the washer on, walking out.

I laid down on the couch, over Dan's lap. He laughed at me and placed his hands on the back of my thighs.

"What do you want to do for the rest of the day?" He rubbed in pictures on my thighs lightly.

"Sleep and eat and eat." I mumbled.

He laughed again and moved under me. I felt him on top of me and groaned. He leaned his face down and kissed my cheek. I groaned again when he got off. I leaned up onto my elbows and watched him put his shoes on.

"What are you doing?"

"I just remembered that my drums get dropped off today."

"Oh," I got up off the couch, fixing my shirt and walked over to him.

"I'll be back, I'll bring food." He hugged me and kissed my cheek before I closed the door behind him. I walked into the living room and looked around.

What am I even supposed to do?

I smiled to myself and went over to the stereo, turning it on. I turned it up loud but not too loud for the neighbors to hear. I went into the kitchen and cleaned up the counters and the island then went to the fridge, throwing away food I didn't need and cleaning inside it. I washed the dishes in the sink and mopped the floor. Once I finished with the kitchen, I moved to the downstairs bathroom and got the cleaning supplies and cleaned the loo, sink and shower. I took the small rug out and threw it into the laundry room. I moved upstairs and cleaned the bathroom and my bathroom. I put the supplies back downstairs and went to my room, taking the sheets and blankets off my bed, putting those downstairs in the laundry room with some dirty clothes. I went back up with new sheets and a comforter and put those on the bed before I vacuumed the carpet and cleaned off the dust on my bedside tables. I brought the vacuum downstairs and cleaned the carpet and the hallway carpet too. Once I finished, I put the vacuum back upstairs and came down and fell onto the couch. Dan came back at half five and I jumped up at the smell of food. I followed the scent into the kitchen and smiled at him.

"You cleaned?"

I nodded, "Nothing else to do."

He took the food out and placed it in front of me and sat down. We ate in silence but we had a light conversation before we finished our meals and he took my container and his and threw them away. I put the leftovers into the fridge and leaned against it when it closed.

I yawned and he smiled at me.

"I'm exhausted." Another yawn.

Dan came over to me and took my hand, switching off the light of the kitchen and turning off the living room light before he led me up the stairs and into my room. I closed the door behind me and got changed into my pajamas before I climbed into bed next to him. He was already changed and he lifted up the covers to let me under. I laid on my back while he laid on his stomach and wrapped an arm around my waist.

I turned my head toward him and kissed his forehead. "Night."

"Goodnight, love."
♠ ♠ ♠
almost done(;

i'm thinking a john o'callaghan fanfic next?

if you guys want someone different, just let me know and i can think of something. hopefully