Sequel: Butterfly Kisses

Fuel to the Fire

Say It

I woke up early this morning and I was currently downstairs eating my cereal. Dan was still sleeping, but he no doubt would wake up soon.

And just like clockwork, he walked into the kitchen. I didn't pay attention to him because I was still hung up on what he said last night and I just didn't know what to do.

I felt him come over and kiss my forehead, "Morning beautiful."

"Morning," I mumbled.

I heard him get out a bowl and pour the cereal in before he sat down beside me.

"Are you alright, love?"

"Fine." I kept my head down and played around with my food.

"You know you can talk to me."

I looked up at him and nodded. "Mhm."

I looked back down and he sighed. "Is this about last night?"

I looked back up and bit my cheek. "No."

"You're lying."

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are. It's about what I said, isn't it?"

I sighed quietly. "Yes. But I'm fine with you saying it, it's just..I don't know if I'm ready to say it back."

He scoffed and stood, turning me to face him. He put both of his hands on my face, "Love, you don't need to say it back. It's okay if you're not ready to say it back, I wasn't expecting you to last night. I just wanted to let you know that I do."

I smiled and nodded up at him. He leaned down, bringing his lips to mine. I placed my hand on his waist and smiled against him.

He leaned his forehead against mine when he parted and I bit my lip.

"I want you to move in," I whispered.

He smiled down at me and kissed me again. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and I squeezed him against me.

We stayed like that for awhile until we cleaned up our food and went outside, walking around town.
♠ ♠ ♠
meep.

gimme thoughts