Sequel: Butterfly Kisses

Fuel to the Fire

Films

I rubbed at my eyes while I got ready for work. I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and blow dried my hair and got changed into skinny jeans and a baggy sweater. I put on some mascara and got my phone and my purse, then headed downstairs and out to my car.

I opened the coffee shop and flipped the sign. I put my purse behind the counter and took down all the chairs. 

I was the only person in today and I liked being by myself. I got a book from one of the shelves and waited for the daily customers to come in.

»

I flipped the sign and locked the door behind me. 

I got out at six thirty tonight and I was getting excited. I wanted to see the boys again and have fun with them, even if it was just a movie.

I parked in the driveway and saw three other cars in front of our house. I locked my car and headed inside. I let out a sigh when I entered the warm house and took off my shoes.

"Allison!" I heard Max yell and I laughed at him when he hugged me.

"Hi Max," I smiled and hugged him back.

"Ready for film night?" We walked side by side into the living room and I saw the rest of the guys, playing video games. Dan looked over at me and gave me a smile.

"Yeah," I nodded. "I'll be right back."

I walked past the boys and up the stairs, into my room.

I set my bag down on my bed and got my phone out, putting it in my back pocket. I turned toward my dresser and grabbed a hair tie and put my hair up in my signature messy bun and let my bangs down.

I walked back down the stairs and into the kitchen to see Amy on the phone.

"Nope, that's it. Thank you." She hung up and turned to me, wrapping her arms around my waist. "Hey, I just ordered some take out for us. How was work?"

"Slow. Boring. Same as always." I shrugged.

She laughed and we walked back into the living room to see the guys yelling. 

"What the fuck are you guys yelling for?!" Amy shouted over them. They all turned to us and I laughed. 

"Chris cheated again!" Josh whined.

"Oh calm your tits. It's only a game." Amy sighed and sat down in the arm chair. I stood awkwardly and watched them play the game. I looked over at Dan and he looked over at me and smiled again. I smiled and walked over to sit by him. I sat down on the couch, putting my feet under me and faced half of my body towards him.

"Hey," I said quietly so the guys would be more concentrated on the game.

"Hey," he looked over at me. "How was work?"

I shrugged, "Same as every day, quiet."

He nodded and leaned back against the couch. "You work at a coffee shop right?" I nodded at him.

"I'll have to come by sometime." I smiled at him and he looked back toward the telly.

I studied his face and came to the conclusion that he was really handsome. I loved his strong jaw and his cheek bones. His eyes were a beautiful shade of light blue and they were my favorite.

I smiled small to myself and laid the side of my head on the back of the couch, watching the boys play their game.

"Arsehole! That was not a goal!" Josh yelled again and I giggled. "Someone else needs to play this game beside you." Josh sighed and turned around toward me. "Will you play?"

I shrugged, "Sure." I took the controller he handed me and scored a goal on my first try. "Hell yeah!"

"You must me cheating! God, all of you cheat!" I laughed at him and set the controller back down. The doorbell rang and Amy got up with her wallet and headed toward the door.

She came back a few minutes later with two bags of takeout and went into the kitchen. I got up with Dan and walked into the kitchen for food.

We were all sat with our meals five minutes later and watched a show on the telly until everyone was done.

"What film are we watching?" I asked.

Amy picked up The Notebook and the boys groaned. "Oh shut up, it's a good film. The next film night you guys can pick." She walked over to the telly and popped the DVD in. I leaned back against the couch and Dan lifted his arm behind my head.

The movie started and I eventually got closer to Dan, curling into his side. He picked up a blanket from the back of the couch and put it around me, at about halfway through the movie. I felt a tear go down my cheek when Noah was telling Allie that he wanted her forever.

"Are you crying?" Dan whispered and I turned toward him and laughed a little. 

I wiped under my eyes, "That part always gets me."

He smiled and wrapped his arm around my back and I relaxed at his touch. 

The movie ended at nine and the boys got back to playing their video games. I was still curled into Dan's side and I didn't want to get up even though I had to go to the bathroom.

I got up and took the plates into the kitchen and smiled when Dan helped me. He set the dishes in the sink and I washed all of them, I could feel him behind me but I didn't move. Once I was done I turned around and saw him leaning against the wall. He smiled at me and I blushed, looking down at my bare feet.

"Dan! Let's go! Things to do tomorrow!" Josh called in and Dan stepped closer and closer to me until he was standing in front of me.

He wrapped his arms around my shoulders since he was tall and I wrapped mine around his waist.

"I'll see you soon. Probably next Friday." I nodded against his shoulder and he pulled back then leaned down and kissed my cheek. "Goodnight, love. I'll text you."

I smiled at him and walked out to say goodbye to the rest of the guys. "See you later Ali!" Matt shouted and shut the door.

"So, you and Dan?" I looked over at Amy and she smirked.

"What about us?" 

"You fancy him, don't you?" She smiled.

I bit my lip and she squealed. "Ah, I knew it! Oh my god, you two are perfect! You were so adorable on the couch."

I blushed. "I doubt he fancies me."

"Hun, he does. I've known him for years! I know when he fancies someone." Amy nodded.

I smiled and hugged her. "You really think he does?"

"Of course he does! How can he not?" She gestured up and down my body. "I mean, come on. You'd have to be blind not to fancy someone like you. You're outgoing, you're funny and you're beautiful Al."

"Thanks Amy. I'll see you in the morning." I hugged her one last time and went upstairs, changing and climbing into bed.